TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

The Leak --- EXPLAINED

Guest MikeSC

According to Maureen "This generation's Walter Kronkite" (sadly, that really isn't THAT sarcastic a comment) Dowd, Wilson's wife told him that she was a CIA operative shortly after they shared their first kiss.

If this story is true (Wilson TOLD the story, so we have to assume it is), isn't it REALLY odd for a CIA operative to tell a guy (or girl) that they HARDLY KNOW that they are, in fact, A CIA OPERATIVE? I thought the CIA kind of had this whole big thing about SECRECY.

Couldn't that get her shit-canned by the boys in Langley? I thought that was a somewhat MAJOR FRIGGIN' BREACH there? Heck, Marney has been here for a while now and she has never really said what the heck it is that she does, partially because it's none of our business, but also probably because she's not friggin' supposed to tell f'n strangers that info.

Maybe Plame is a little loose with the lips? Maybe her position is known because the woman is too idiotic to keep her mouth shut about her job? Wilson might have just ended this whole idiotic controversy.

BRAVO!

-=Mike

Guest Choken One

So she wanted a little fucking so what's the big deal?

Telling the other that you're a CIA Agent will make for great fucking...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I have a theory that Marney is a well-read janitor somewhere in a government office.

She gets by at parties with snazzy clothes, and the quantities of political gossip she picks up while skulking with a mop.

isn't it REALLY odd for a CIA operative to tell a guy (or girl) that they HARDLY KNOW that they are, in fact, A CIA OPERATIVE?

Not really. It's an excellent pick-up line, especially if it's true.

I thought the CIA kind of had this whole big thing about SECRECY.

If you're a field agent, yeah. From everything I've read Wilson's wife was nothing of the sort. Technically it's still illegal for someone else to disclose it, but it doesn't really matter if you tell someone else yourself, if you're just shuffling papers. Analysts can't put anyone else in danger by revealing their position. No harm, no foul.

Couldn't that get her shit-canned by the boys in Langley?

Technically, possibly. In practice, it'd be extremely unusual.

Marney has been here for a while now and she has never really said what the heck it is that she does, partially because it's none of our business, but also probably because she's not friggin' supposed to tell f'n strangers that info.

Partly true. I wouldn't have been allowed to go into detail, so I never did. Also, no one here knows who I am, with the exception of Tom, and Tom could easily be cleared for that sort of thing anyway, if he isn't already.

Edited by Cancer Marney

I have a theory that Marney is a well-read janitor somewhere in a government office.

She gets by at parties with snazzy clothes, and the quantities of political gossip she picks up while skulking with a mop.

It's Good Will Hunting all over again...

Also, no one here knows who I am, with the exception of Tom,.

COUGHrememberallthoseallnightonlineconvosCOUGH

(I will own a personal computer again sometime soon, God as my witness.)

even though it is extremely critical of the CIA.

HEAVENS FORBID!

*falls over and dies*

Well, most of the criticism is highly speculative. The rest of the article is quite good, though.