TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

Who wants to learn?

It's=It is.

Its=Possessive. As in, "Its correct spelling is feud."

No offense ELM, but your grammers a little off.

It should be: "Its correctly spelt, feud."

No it shouldn't.

You're using "its" to stand for "it is," as in, "It is correctly spelt... " ELM was absolutely correct.

Hey, you used "whom" correctly.

::gives Ripper a gold star::

But he fucked up countless other things.

From the very pits of your stomach it will burn you.

You deserve to feel the heat of a thousand fires in Hades in the pit of your gut for they hypocrisy that we all have been forced to be apart of. Then winged sera pens pull you all from the ground, kicking and screaming in the air, and have their massive talons pull you apart at the limbs...

...as you fall, you will look at the ground, rapidly approaching you and wonder "What was there problem?"

At which point the massive irony will hit you like stampede of ducks

Not to mention the many run-on sentences, the lack or abuse of punctuation, the inarticulate metaphors, and the terribly awkward use of common words like "irony."

Grade: C-minus.

Professor Marney

I don't care about getting a C....I got a gold star!

A+ with no gold star < C with gold star

And the "What was there problem" was on purpose. I demand a C+!!

It's=It is.

No it shouldn't.

You're using "its" to stand for "it is," as in, "It is correctly spelt... " ELM was absolutely correct.

:huh: ...sighs...

Tom, read his sentence.

Its correct spelling is feud. <---that was his sentence.

I changed his sentence to "Its correctly spelt, feud." As his was a little awkward and considering this is about grammer, that sentence is technically wrong.

So hence, he wasn't correct. You correcting my sentence by making it "It is correctly spelt feud." Thus fixing up the err I made.

So in the end, ELM was wrong, so was I, and you corrected both of us.

See?

It's=It is.

No it shouldn't.

:huh: ...sighs...

Tom, read his sentence.

Its correct spelling is feud. <---that was his sentence.

I changed his sentence to "Its correctly spelt, feud." As his was a little awkward and considering this is about grammer, that sentence is technically wrong.

So hence, he wasn't correct. You correcting my sentence by making it "It is correctly spelt feud." Thus fixing up the err I made.

So in the end, ELM was wrong, so was I, and you corrected both of us.

See?

No, I don't see. Newsflash: he was right.

"Its correct spelling is... "

Its, being a possessive, makes this read, "The correct spelling belonging to it is... "

ELM's original sentence, which you needlessly corrected, was 100% correct. It might have been a little awkward, but there was certainly nothing wrong with it. But feel free to keep arguing with the fellow who has an English degree.

BTW, it's "grammar," not "grammer," and you want "error," not "err."

General advice to everyone: before you criticize or correct someone's grammar, make sure yours is bulletproof.

I'd like to know who doesn't make typos, grammatical mistake and spelling errors when posting on a message board? I know I've made my share of them, and yes it shames me to no end, especially the simple spelling mistakes. Unforgivable.

No, I don't see. Newsflash: he was right.

"Its correct spelling is... "

Its, being a possessive, makes this read, "The correct spelling belonging to it is... "

ELM's original sentence, which you needlessly corrected, was 100% correct. It might have been a little awkward, but there was certainly nothing wrong with it. But feel free to keep arguing with the fellow who has an English degree.

BTW, it's "grammar," not "grammer," and you want "error," not "err."

General advice to everyone: before you criticize or correct someone's grammar, make sure yours is bulletproof.

*looks at my secondary post, then looks at Tom's*

...sighs... Sorry about Tom. I've gotten like no sleep lately (aside from drugging myself to it) and hence, I really, really just fucked that up.

But seriously though, when I had used err was wrong? Hm.. New to me. My English teacher told me that was a proper way of using it.

I'll take your word though, cause you like have a degree and that he (that teacher) probably doesn't.

It's all good, d00d. :) I'm well-versed in the ways of not sleeping, myself.

Anyway, "Err" is a verb, as in, "To err is human." When you said, "The err that I made," you wanted "error" instead, which is the noun form based on the verb "err."

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Hey, you used "whom" correctly.

::gives Ripper a gold star::

But he fucked up countless other things.

From the very pits of your stomach it will burn you.

You deserve to feel the heat of a thousand fires in Hades in the pit of your gut for they hypocrisy that we all have been forced to be apart of. Then winged sera pens pull you all from the ground, kicking and screaming in the air, and have their massive talons pull you apart at the limbs...

...as you fall, you will look at the ground, rapidly approaching you and wonder "What was there problem?"

At which point the massive irony will hit you like stampede of ducks

Not to mention the many run-on sentences, the lack or abuse of punctuation, the inarticulate metaphors, and the terribly awkward use of common words like "irony."

Grade: C-minus.

Professor Marney

You go through the trouble to find half a dozen grammar and spelling errors strewn through a paragraph, and he gets a C minus? Pfft. Pushover.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If it were screamed at someone in anguish, it would rock, but text is completely the wrong medium. Try a film professor, or some shit.

Maybe it just that everytime I read something, I imagine it being screamed at me...but I think it conveys the passion of the writer...

or maybe I just have issues.

It's all good, d00d. :) I'm well-versed in the ways of not sleeping, myself.

Anyway, "Err" is a verb, as in, "To err is human." When you said, "The err that I made," you wanted "error" instead, which is the noun form based on the verb "err."

Ah verb. Ok. I must've been wanting to us it like a verb, but made it a improper noun.

Heh. Thanks though. I'll try to remember that for next time.

...and I'll NEVER get into a fight with you on the subject of English as well. Sheesh... Why don't people tell me he's got an English degree?