TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Holly / Cappotelli

Jim Cornette announced to the audience that footage from the infamous Bob Holly/Matt Cappotelli incident that created some discussion on the internet and elsewhere was just recapped for the Television audience and then went on to introduce "Hardcore" Holly to the ring. Jim Cornette that he was going to give Holly the opportunity to defend his actions regarding the incident since no one has heard his side of the story. Holly basically said that he saw some potential in Matt during the filming of Tough Enough 3 and decided to find out if he had what it takes, and see just how tough he is. Jim Cornette jumped to Matt's defense acknowledging that the match was merely a practice match and not an all out brawl. Cornette told Holly that it didn't take much to blatantly blind side someone. Holly told Cornette that he was trying to teach Matt a valuable lesson, that being that in this world you must be prepared for anything. Matt Cappotelli made his way to the ring after a few other said words and really wanted a physical altercation from the looks of things. OVW Amateurs Mack Johnson and Seth Skyfire had to restrain Matt who was obviously very upset. Matt stated that it is cowardly to blindside someone and wanted to fight him right then and there. Unfortunately, or perhaps thankfully for Matt, Holly stated that he would not fight him this week, but instead wait for next week, so Matt could think about the beating he was going to receive. Holly stated that what he will do to Matt wouldn’t be considered murder, but suicide on Matt's behalf for stepping into the ring with Holly. The cameras cut to a commercial break as Holly continued to taunt the restrained Tough Enough 3 winner as he made his way to the locker room.

Credit: Oct 1, 2003 OVW Tapings / Prowrestling.com

I would pay to see this as they have bad blood with each other for the obvious reason.

Poor Matt. He's gonna get his ass handed to him. Don't get me wrong. What Holly did was fucked up and it violated the trust wrestlers are supposed to have with one another, but he's going to get murdered by Holly.

Holly's a punk. Yes, he'd kick Matt's ass, but I still don't like him.

While the beatdown was uncalled for, I am forced to agree that it will prepare Matt for wrestling, as there are workers out there that will try to cause injury or are just plain stiff. I think I remember one time Hogan saying someone broke his leg when he was training to be a wrestler. Compared to that, what happened between Holly and Matt doesn't sound like that big a deal and in the end this could help him.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

That was funny actually, he really spiked him with the F5, like what he did to A-Train, only deiberately

Wats even funnier is that the Observer at the time said that Holly had been in the locker room complaining a few days later, and everyone was just saying, Well, ya brought it on yourself. He thought theyd stick up for him, because he's the veteran

So the question is, does anyone like Bob?

That was funny actually, he really spiked him with the F5, like what he did to A-Train, only deiberately

It was actually a powerbomb...Holly was sandbagging him so Lesnar just dropped him straight on his neck.

It still hurt, and he still deseved it

Yes, because GOD KNOWS when a veteran who's been in the business for about 10 years is in a bad mood and decides to stiff/sandbag you, your ONLY course of action is to drop him right on his head in an apparent attempt to end his career.

I'm sorry, but the whole "he deserved that" logic bit pisses me off. Holly was hitting a bit hard, perhaps. Maybe he wasn't jumping as much as he could (Though really, if you're Brock's size, it shouldn't matter). But he wasn't RISKING BROCK'S CAREER.

I say, Brock's a big boy. Got stiffed? Stiff him back. I mean, Brock's a 290-something pound former NCAA champion. And yet, there was NOTHING else he could've done but drop Holly on his head? Gimme a break.

Sorry to go off-topic, but that's bugged me for a while...

As for the OVW stuff...I think it's kinda neat for them to make that into an angle, and it sounds like it could be good...though I fear angles that are primarily based in Tough Enough, a show that essentially says "Yes, it's fake". Though to be fair, I've never watched the show - that's just the impression that I get when I hear about it.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Its stuff like this that could draw viewers into RAW.

It still hurt, and he still deseved it

Yes, because GOD KNOWS when a veteran who's been in the business for about 10 years is in a bad mood and decides to stiff/sandbag you, your ONLY course of action is to drop him right on his head in an apparent attempt to end his career.

I'm sorry, but the whole "he deserved that" logic bit pisses me off. Holly was hitting a bit hard, perhaps. Maybe he wasn't jumping as much as he could (Though really, if you're Brock's size, it shouldn't matter). But he wasn't RISKING BROCK'S CAREER.

I say, Brock's a big boy. Got stiffed? Stiff him back. I mean, Brock's a 290-something pound former NCAA champion. And yet, there was NOTHING else he could've done but drop Holly on his head? Gimme a break.

Well, there is this principle of having respect for your opponent. People who dont like each other have to wrestle each other a lot, and 99.99% of the time, they dont set out to injure people. Take Jericho and HHH for instance. They certainly dont like each other, but you wont see them potating each other.

Bob started stiffing Brock because, as has been noticed, Brock wasnt 100% because he had the flu, and because of that his timing was a little off.

HOW DARE Holly suddenly decide there and then that he'd straigten this rookie idiot out. Thats why he deserved everything he got.

Dave O'Neill : Very Interested in seeing a potential Bob Holly- Goldberg Match.

Interestingly, the only time i ever like Bob was during the big shot stuff, because he was pretty funny then. And he got his head kicked in every week.

I found the title of this thread to be somewhat misleading.

I clicked on it in hopes of hearing how Cappotelli cornered Holly in the locker room and beat the ever-loving shit out of him with a tire iron.

Instead it's just an angle.

I'm somewhat disappointed.

Guest Redhawk

1) What is "sandbagging" exactly?

2) Even if Holly was being a dick against Brock, he shouldn't have been dropped on his head. As someone said earlier, Brock is a former NCAA champ who is (most likely) a better athlete than Holly. He should have got him on the ground and did some painful-ass submission shit if he wanted to get back at him, not try and paralyze him.

1) Bob Holly wouldn't get up for the powerbomb. He "sandbagged" meaning he used his weight to make sure he tried to make so Brock wouldn't lift him.

2) Brock only has a certain amount of time out there- He can't just start getting him in submissions for the hell out of it. He had to finish the match.

Had Bob Holly tried to not be Mr. Tough Guy- he wouldn't have been out for a year. Brock was not in the wrong here

I think Nash tried to sandbag TBS while they were both in WCW, fortunately the Giant didn't drop Nash on his head, unfortunately Nash really fucked up picking Giant up for the jackknife and dropped him on his head. Paul's lucky he wasn't paralysed, frankly.

He should have punched Bob in his mouth but you don't risk putting a guy in a wheelchair for any reason.

If Brock had dropped him on his head and Holly was in a wheelchair, would he still have deserved it?

If Bob wants to stiff punches then Brock should stiff back. But dropping a guy on his head? No way.

Guest Memphis
yeah, Bob deserved it. :D

So if you slapped my face off in public, murdering you afterwards would be justified because you didn't show me any respect?

Fuckwad.

M