TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

What a Load of...

Guest MikeSC

Jesus, is anybody watching THIS?

God, GROW A SET, you pathetic little craps?

Tom Jackson is, hands down, the most craven little tool on the face of the Earth. A little kid asked him if it was "OK for blacks to play QB"? The comments were "painful to him and his family"? Berman is sorry for "all the hurt it caused". They feel bad for Donovan and feel he handled himself well (wasn't aware that "I wouldn't accept his apology" and saying that it WILL hurt him was handling it well)

Jesus Christ, get over your damned selves.

I might completely stop watching this program, simply because they are the most craven cowards I've ever seen. Rather than discuss this issue --- they simply find it easier to bash Rush instead. Just bash the guy for making a point.

ESPN is P.C to a shocking degree. Screw the whole lot of 'em.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

Oh well. Rush was the only thing that made the show interesting anyway.

Guest MikeSC
Oh well. Rush was the only thing that made the show interesting anyway.

Well, I guess we can rest assured that there won't be any actual opinions offered on the show ever again.

It's sad that I'm now watching CNN instead of ESPN.

-=Mike --- who is glad he booed Irvin when he played

Guest Salacious Crumb

I just think it's sad considering Rush resigned for them and talked about on his show how he felt bad about all the heat they took.

And I still find it funny that it took over 2 DAYS for anyone to say a thing about the comments.

And I find it even funnier that they edited out Irvin's agreement with Rush.

Guest MikeSC
I just think it's sad considering Rush resigned for them and talked about on his show how he felt bad about all the heat they took.

And I still find it funny that it took over 2 DAYS for anyone to say a thing about the comments.

And I find it even funnier that they edited out Irvin's agreement with Rush.

Rush, sadly, showed one little fact: The SPORTS media is the MOST PC of all media types, largely because they aren't taken seriously to begin with, etc.

I'm watching John Feinstein right now refusing to acknowledge that there is even a POSSIBILITY of McNabb being overrated (yeah, debate in sports media is ALIVE AND WELL, BABEE!) and stating that Rush, like Howard Cosell, had "a past" that made his comments bad.

So, Feinstein is now arguing that Howard calling a black player a "little monkey" was WORTHY of him getting fired? Cosell called ALL young players "little monkeys", INCLUDING whites (he called his OWN GRANDCHILDREN "little monkeys").

Actually, Rush should have studied the Howard example, as his co-workers betrayed and slammed him as hard and quickly as humanly possible. He should have NOT resigned, JUST to cause ESPN a headache.

The sports media is as weak as any group on the face of the Earth can be. If they actually covered something relevant, this might have a set --- but they don't. They cover GAMES and will play up to ANYBODY as much as humanly possible to avoid having people recognize how absolutely useless the whole lot of them are.

-=Mike

I wouldn't pile on Tom Jackson. He looked like he was trying to argue the point last week when it was first mentioned, but got talked over by Irvin (big shock there).

The rest of them, though, completely caved. After a whole week of statements that really didn't comdemn him they bail immediately on camera.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I really hope the ratings tank after this week.

ESPN will probably be getting an e-mail from me about how pathetic the Sunday Countdown crew is.

Mike, I'm assuming you are talking this Sunday's ESPN show.

How fucking pathetic.

Tom Jackson is, hands down, the most craven little tool on the face of the Earth. A little kid asked him if it was "OK for blacks to play QB"?

HE SAID THAT ON THE SHOW!?!? Do they have this question on tape because I think he's full of shit.

The comments were "painful to him and his family"? Berman is sorry for "all the hurt it caused".

Jesus -- I say we all protest Disney. Hey, if some fat tub of shit who thinks he's a presidential candidate just because he's Jesse Jackson V. 2.0 can do it, so can a bunch of faceless Internet message board posters.

I thought nothing on ESPN could top Linda Cohn's "Anti-Single mom" John Rocker statement of a few years back.

I was wrong...

If you remember the Trent Lott/Strom birthday party fiasco, that incident took days to register.

Sometimes it takes people a few days to realize they are offended...

Guest Salacious Crumb

How offended can you be if you have to think about it for a few days?

How offended can you be if you have to think about it for a few days?

Ah... But you SEE~!

It's the shock of the comment. You just don't EXPECT someone to say that shit.

...at least they seemingly don't.

Me, been there, heard it, and frankly, it happens.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Anyone who's firmly cemented in their beliefs knows an offensive comment on the spot when they hear one.

I wonder if Peter Gammonds was "hurt" or asked by any kids if it's OK for a white person to play baseball after Racist Dusty said his thing?

Shit, I'm glad I overslept today and missed ESPN's countdown, but I'm sure they'll play the sound bites all throughout SportsCenter so Poo-Face won't protest and go back to becoming our nation's next POTUS...

Guest El Satanico

The comment itself wasn't that bad, but he said it badly. The way he said it made it sound alot worse than it was. He didn't even really insult McNabb or black QBs, he just said the media has blown too much smoke up his ass in search of that break out black QB. I don't really agree with that since black QBs haven't been praised when they weren't playing well. However, I don't think the comment is as absurd as people claim it to be.

At worse it was a dumb and misinformed comment, which isn't uncommon amongst football analysts(looks at Bryan Cox). Everyone has way overreacted to all of this.

Much like Communism...Rush's comment was good in theory.

Sometimes it takes Jesse and Poo-Face a while to determine if it's worthwhile financially for them to get their hired protesters riled up...

Who do you mean by "Poo-face"?

Guest MikeSC
Mike, I'm assuming you are talking this Sunday's ESPN show.

How fucking pathetic.

Tom Jackson is, hands down, the most craven little tool on the face of the Earth. A little kid asked him if it was "OK for blacks to play QB"?

HE SAID THAT ON THE SHOW!?!? Do they have this question on tape because I think he's full of shit.

The comments were "painful to him and his family"? Berman is sorry for "all the hurt it caused".

Jesus -- I say we all protest Disney. Hey, if some fat tub of shit who thinks he's a presidential candidate just because he's Jesse Jackson V. 2.0 can do it, so can a bunch of faceless Internet message board posters.

I thought nothing on ESPN could top Linda Cohn's "Anti-Single mom" John Rocker statement of a few years back.

I was wrong...

Didn't tape it, but yes, that is what they said. Tom Jackson played the same BS crap that the politicians do --- claiming that people come to them with these "huge concerns". Jackson said that a kid asked him if it were OK for blacks to play QB now. What a craven little shyte.

ESPN is a bunch of craven little cowards. I will avoid watching their programming, simply because I want to see a network that won't put somebody who resigned from his dream job to make things easier for them out to dry like that.

Tom said that the crew's favorite promo was their "Football Amongst Friends". Jackson simply showed how utterly useless his "friendship" is.

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

Michael Irvin agreed with Rush? What's the deal behind that? What did he say?

As far as Rush's comments, I don't agree with them but I wasn't offended. I can see where you could think McNabb is overrated (Sporting News ranks him as the No. 1 QB in the League, and just this afternoon I've seen at least 4 different commercials starring McNabb), and I can even see where you might think the League is trying to pump up Black QBs to take attention away from the pitifully low number of Black coaches and GMs. However, look at how guys like Tony Banks, Rodney Peete, Kordell Stewart and Charlie Batch have been bashed before, and it's safe to say that the media doesn't have an agenda.

About the ESPN crew's comments, I'm surprised that for being so hurt and shocked and all that, no one fought with Rush last week when he said it. They all defended McNabb, but never discussed the race issue.

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch Primetime religiously. Countdown comes on too damn early anyway.

Guest MikeSC
Michael Irvin agreed with Rush? What's the deal behind that? What did he say?

As far as Rush's comments, I don't agree with them but I wasn't offended. I can see where you could think McNabb is overrated (Sporting News ranks him as the No. 1 QB in the League, and just this afternoon I've seen at least 4 different commercials starring McNabb), and I can even see where you might think the League is trying to pump up Black QBs to take attention away from the pitifully low number of Black coaches and GMs. However, look at how guys like Tony Banks, Rodney Peete, Kordell Stewart and Charlie Batch have been bashed before, and it's safe to say that the media doesn't have an agenda.

About the ESPN crew's comments, I'm surprised that for being so hurt and shocked and all that, no one fought with Rush last week when he said it. They all defended McNabb, but never discussed the race issue.

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch Primetime religiously. Countdown comes on too damn early anyway.

What I got from Rush's comment was that the NFL is desperately trying to find a black QB to promote to the pantheon of NFL QB's, such as Montana, Elway, Unitas, et al. There are no "great" black QB's in NFL history and they want to rectify that.

And the media, for whatever reason, as anointed Donovan to be THE guy to break into that elite group --- and he's clealy undeserving.

Honestly, I'd take Culpepper over him and I'd take McNair over him (provided he can remain healthy. His numerous injuries are a concern). Vick LOOKS like he might be the real deal, but I want to see his performance this year to see if he was a one-year wonder.

Rush was right about Donovan. He probably should've mentioned that they'd be better off hyping McNair since he DELIVERS the goods regularly (with a worse team and more injuries).

BTW, Irvin said, twice, that "He has a point" on that show. But, for what it's worth, I don't remember him saying a single word during the bitch-fest this morning.

-=Mike

...Again, I'm sure Jackson heard ALL kinds of things when he played against the Raiders --- but Rush HURT him? What a tool.

Guest Ronixis

I expected this.

Disney has been in a world of hurt this year-

First off, they dump 2d Animation- There Cornerstone of the whole company.

Then Roy Disney sells shares of the company back to his estate.

Then Ritter dies- setting ABC on what to do next, and they make the dumb move to continue the series.

Then they Hire Rush- KNOWING his history (rightly or wrongly) and he gets back the Nascar Dads and some younger Conservitives...

Then this issue happens.

And ESPN has NO balls.

You know that Disney sucks, when there bread and butter baby calls Maha Rushie to Join Boomer and his crew- dream come true- says what he means, and means what he says- NOBODY says anything for 48 Hours (Something Nantz pointed out on the NFL Today, but he forgot that the Philly press got on it on Monday Night, leading to Next Days Daily News) then he gets called out, Disney/ESPN removes the Mike Irvin comments, like they never existed...and then they all that the GALL, to bullshit on Rush.

Thats some deep shit.

ESPN has just became what CNN has- a fucking liberal trash heap. At least CNN is cleaning up its act a bit- BUT fuck, if you hire a man to make comments, LET HIM DO SO!

I think Countdown should just die. They dont air shit in the afternoon, let CBS and FOX do there pregames and thats it, do Primetime when there game is on, because at least that will be relvant.

James Brown had that shit called rightly, even tho I dissgree with some of his statements- the same with Tony Snow (On Fox News Sunday), and CBS told the damn truth about the game of Pregames... Yet ESPN fucked up and they called themselfs the World Wide Leader in Sports...Yet they made Rush some type of Demagoge.

I hated Rush to begin with, so I was happy to see him resign. Obviously, his comment was blown WAY out of proportion, but I stiff found it kinda dumb.

Why would a bunch of white media guys want to 'push' a black QB anyways? What would they care?

McNabb has not been overrated as an athlete, playmaker, or player in general. As far as being overrated as a pure QB, yes, I would say so. He is in a slump right now, but it is more than just this season. Donovan has shown repeatidly that he is not comfortable being a pocket passer. He doesn't want but NEEDS to be able to move around in the pocket/backfield in order to have any kind of flow. McNabb is a playmaker, no one denies that, but as a pure QB, he is slightly overrated methinks.

Now as far as what Rush said, I think he was offbase. If Anything the media should be hyping McNair if they want a "great black QB" to shine. If Rush is basing his opinion on the fact that McNabb is black, then would he also step up and say players like Sehorn and Urlacher are overrated simply because they are white?

The whole "a kid asked me if it was ok for a black person to play QB" is almost as ludicrous as the notion that every kid in america was going to ask their parents what a blowjob was because of the Clinton stuff.

I know about Rocker's tirade in Sports Illustrated, but what did Linda Cohn say?

Sometimes it takes Jesse and Poo-Face a while to determine if it's worthwhile financially for them to get their hired protesters riled up...

Who do you mean by "Poo-face"?

I'm talking about Al Sharpton. Two words: Tawana Brawley. Here's a quick story regarding it. Why anyone takes this man seriously is beyond me -- http://www.courttv.com/archive/legaldocs/n...smakers/tawana/

Regarding my hatred for Linda Cohn, here's the Reader's Digest version:

Back when we all deemed Rocker to be the Anti-Christ, I was casually watching a SportsCenter in which said bitch was co-anchoring. When some stupid update to the Rocker situation was reported by Cohn, she proceeded to give a brief summary of why we were all supposed to hate Rocker (which in itself is nothing extraordinary, because you're taught in journalism school to give a brief history of your story, if it has one, at the end of your report so people that aren't familiar with it can get a quick brush-up.)

Well, when Linda was going through the laundry list of anti-*fill in the blank* things that Rocker said (Anti-gay, among other things). The last one she mentioned was ANTI-SINGLE MOM.

Anti-single Mom. Give me a freaking break. And this wasn't some I'm-just-saying-what-is-in-my-script look she gave -- she actually meant this.

It was then I said to my TV, "Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch" and since then I have had a hatred for this twat (she's also made some snide remarks about other things that I want to beat her for, but I have long since forgotten these)...

McNabb has not been overrated as an athlete, playmaker, or player in general. As far as being overrated as a pure QB, yes, I would say so. He is in a slump right now, but it is more than just this season. Donovan has shown repeatidly that he is not comfortable being a pocket passer. He doesn't want but NEEDS to be able to move around in the pocket/backfield in order to have any kind of flow. McNabb is a playmaker, no one denies that, but as a pure QB, he is slightly overrated methinks.

Now as far as what Rush said, I think he was offbase. If Anything the media should be hyping McNair if they want a "great black QB" to shine. If Rush is basing his opinion on the fact that McNabb is black, then would he also step up and say players like Sehorn and Urlacher are overrated simply because they are white?

I don't agree with whatLimbaugh that McNabb isn't that great to begin with. I believe that's what he said. However, would it kill the media to maybe look and see if they do want a black QB to succeed? Instead of dismissing the comments has racist and narrow minded. Why not look into the comments, and see if theres any truth to the comments.

Tom Jackson needs to go. He's been around way too long, and Countdown is him saying how great everyone is.

I think it would have been funny if somone on ESPN came back with a comment about how Rush was a shitty political commentator but overrated because the conservative media needed to push a white man as their top mouthpiece. They should have also had Chris Berman do an impersonation of Vince McMahon's "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIRED!" line.