TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

What a Load of...

Guest MikeSC
Oh, come on, T.J.'s comment will go down as one of the more comical moments in recent sports brodcast history.

Too bad he was dead ass serious as well. Although I didn't see the segment, I can't imagine he said what he did in a joking manner. MikeSC -- was he joking when he said it?...

Imagine Bill Clinton denying having sex with Lewinsky.

Now imagine somebody MORE serious than that.

T.J was more serious than THAT guy.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Am I alone in thinking that Rush Limbaugh is a flabby tool who has no business being on tv, let alone a sports program?  That comment was completely asinine, and had no basis in fact.

The IRONIC part about THIS comment is that you have no problem with Berman, who is REALLY tubby and useless, being on that show.

-=Mike

But if not for Chris who will ESPN get to come up with all those witty names for athletes?...

I'd say Tom Jackson, personally. :P

-=Mike

...Good play by Akili "I Am Not Great, But Screw Rush For Trying To Hold Me Down" Smith

I think McNabb is an above average QB who has PLAYMAKER ability. He is not a QB that is going to go 25/28 350 yds 4 TD passes, but he does have the playmaker ability that can erase bad passing stats and make everyone forget about them. Just like Vick so far. I have no doubt that Vick is gonna be great eventually, but up to now, he is a QB that has a rocket for an arm, but does not have the accuracy of an elite QB, yet because he can run, he never gets criticized for the bad passes he makes.

Guest MikeSC
I think McNabb is an above average QB who has PLAYMAKER ability. He is not a QB that is going to go 25/28 350 yds 4 TD passes, but he does have the playmaker ability that can erase bad passing stats and make everyone forget about them. Just like Vick so far. I have no doubt that Vick is gonna be great eventually, but up to now, he is a QB that has a rocket for an arm, but does not have the accuracy of an elite QB, yet because he can run, he never gets criticized for the bad passes he makes.

That's why I think that McNair and Culpepper might be the best pure QB's of the bunch. Vick is an athletic FREAK --- he's just obscene. Faster than most RB's with a cannon, so he can definitely get away with an awful lot just due to his unbelievable athletic abilities.

McNabb is just nothing special.

-=Mike

Oh, come on, T.J.'s comment will go down as one of the more comical moments in recent sports brodcast history.

Too bad he was dead ass serious as well. Although I didn't see the segment, I can't imagine he said what he did in a joking manner. MikeSC -- was he joking when he said it?...

TJ was stone cold serious.

I think Rush's comments were inaccurate, but how ESPN dealt with it was a joke.

Are they always on at 11:00 am anyway? I just changed to it and saw Fred Flintstone start talking about how their family was ruined and football was all they wanted to talk about, and proceeded to spend 8-10 minutes not talking about football.

TJ was stone cold serious.

I think Rush's comments were inaccurate, but how ESPN dealt with it was a joke.

Are they always on at 11:00 am anyway? I just changed to it and saw Fred Flintstone start talking about how their family was ruined and football was all they wanted to talk about, and proceeded to spend 8-10 minutes not talking about football.

TJ looked like he was on the verge of tears.

However, I thought Berman's opening comment was even funnier.

"Guys, I never saw Donovan McNabb as a 'black' quarterback, ever . . . ever . . . ever . . . ever."

But Mike Vick didn't throw a pick until like the 9th week of last season. He makes throws that either his reciever can get or nobody gets basically. Thats why he doesn't get hammered about his throwing as much.