TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest StevieNightHeat

Howard Finkel

Guest StevieNightHeat
They are running an angle at some RAW house shows where Howard Finkel sings the national anthem to open the show. There had been some talk of bringing this on as an anlge on a future edition of RAW, but that's not confirmed.

[Prowrestling.com]

All I can say is what the hell? This will probably lead to La Resistance interrupting Finkel everyweek on Raw or another Garica vs Finkel fued. Who the hell books this crap? expect RAW ratings to go down.

Guest Anglesault
Well, we have been long overdue for our "Finkel wants his #1 announcer spot back, but Lilian beats him in an embarassing match to prove that tradition means nothing" angle.

We had one last year

Well, we have been long overdue for our "Finkel wants his #1 announcer spot back, but Lilian beats him in an embarassing match to prove that tradition means nothing" angle.

We had one last year

Exactly. I remember one before that one as well. Here's how this one would go:

"Lilian, I am the voice of WWE." (boooooo)

"Sorry Howard, but you're not the #1 man around here anymore." (yayyyy!)

"Trust me, Lilian, I am ALL man." (oooooh!)

"Let's see about that!" ::pulls Finkel's pants down:: (yay!!!)

"Nice work, Lilian." ::poses, spits water:: (no reaction)

Actually, The Fink sang the Canadian National anthem here at our house show last night, in St. John's, Newfoundland. He did a decent job of it, except for botching a couple of lines in the middle, which got him some heel heat for the whole show.

You are a sick, sick man.

*Has flashbacks of King of the Ring 2000*

*shudder*

Guest Sturgis
I wanna see a Lilian/ Finkel Bra and panties match.

I just wanna see Lillian in her Bra & Panties :D

Why he never hit Tony Chimmel with a chair I'll never know. Can't remember the show, but Chimmel was doing the intros and Finkel was stood behind him, I was like 'WAIT FOR IT!!' and nothing. Killed said show for ME.

For as LONG as The Fink has been in the WWE, I'm surprised he hasnt been in more angles than he has. I recall him and Harvey Wimpleman having some sort of angle around 1993 or 1994, where that lead to a series of infamous Tuxedo Matches. Then in sort of a mini-angle prior to Summerslam 98, he got his head shaved by Jeff Jarrett. Later in the show he got some revenge when he accompanied X-Pac to the ring, for his match against Jarrett. Then last year, around Summerslam 2002, he had an on going angle with RAW ring annoncer, Lillian Garcia. This was probably the worst of The Fink's escapades.

Any more?

Guest mst3krules

Wasn't there an angle where Finkel was Jericho's lackey for a long time?

So WWE transitions from lame Al & Coach vs JR & King to even lamer Finkle vs Garcia? And they wonder why the main event gets no viewers?

Holy shit, jumping the gun much?

I think they had Fink wearing a toupee with Sy Sperling (Hair Club for Men guy) at WM X.

Also, with the incident at SummerSlam 98, when he got his revenge on Jarrett, I will admit to laughing my ass off at Finkel doing crotch chops with DX, yelling "Suck it!"

As for his angle with Jericho, Y2J convinced Fink he was a "warrior," so I think Fink went out to the Ultimate Warrior's music and tried to beat up Chimel, but got his ass beat as a result.

Fink needs to do ring announcing, and Lilian should be ringside dancing in a cage or something.

As for his angle with Jericho, Y2J convinced Fink he was a "warrior," so I think Fink went out to the Ultimate Warrior's music and tried to beat up Chimel, but got his ass beat as a result.

It reminded me of the horrible Warrior WCW stint, with Bootycake becoming possessed with the Warrior's spirit or some crap like that.

Finkel got one of the greatest lines in wrestling history before his match with Lillian last year:

(Stacy Keibler comes down to the ring)

Stacy: Now, Howard, I'm not out here to support you. I'm here to make sure that Trish Stratus doesn't try to interfere.

Howard: Why, thank you, Stacy, and let me just say that right now...you're interfering with something.....in my trousers.

I laughed my ass off at that.

Fink needs to do ring announcing, and Lilian should be ringside dancing in a cage or something.

Then people would bitch that they're copying off of NWA-TNA with the TNA dancers.

Just to add into the angle thing with Finkel, at one point during the Masterpeice angle, Fink tried to befriend Raven, saying that they were both banished to Heat. Naturally, Raven no-sold it and treated Fink like dirt.