TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

WWE's saddest sight

Here are some woman ones:

The girls of Smackdown fighting for the 'honor' of posing naked for Playboy. And then when Torrie won, her celebrating like she won a freaking Oscar.

Molly being called a fatass, and WWE(Lawler in particular) actually encouraging the fans to chant 'she's a fatass'. Fuck you WWE.

Ugh, yeah, pretty much any angle involving Torrie qualifies, like when she kissed her Gold Stripper Ass Award...on the ass.

Nash's current WWE stint.

How about the Planet of the Apes extras attacking Stephanie McMahon with cream pies? I remember watching that and thinking, "Okay, there HAS to be some wrestlers under there. That's the ONLY way this thing will have ANY usefulness."

:lol: C'mon, that was funny! I'd even forgot that happened!

Saddest moment? The "kiss my ass club" opening. It was the night after the Invasion angle died, so I was hoping the WWE would be going off into a bright new direction. Instead they headed to where they are now :(

Guest Ray

Benoit wearing the embarrassing "toothless aggression" t-shirts and tights. :(

Austin crying for Kurt Angle in 2001.

Benoit wearing the embarrassing "toothless aggression" t-shirts and tights. :(

Bingo! If Benoit EVER got a DVD, it'd be entitled Toothless Aggression and would have a dumbass pic of Benoit smiling with emphasis on the missing tooth.

Austin crying for Kurt Angle in 2001.

Yet another memory I had forgotten.

Earlier today I was thinking "2001 wasn't so bad, why was I so annoyed with the product that summer?"

And you just helped me remember partially why.

About the Benoit Toothless Agression shit: Why didn't they just stick to the "Rabid Wolverine" or the "Canadian Crippler"? Those are much better names than Toothless Agression, thought I'm sure a hockey team somewhere out there wears that shirt as their team shirt.

That the best stuff the WWE (hey, this is about WWE, not WWF) can produce is done behind the writing staffs back, and actually entertains.

And for those you don't know, it's General Manager of Heat, Stevie Richards.

Guest wildpegasus
About the Benoit Toothless Agression shit: Why didn't they just stick to the "Rabid Wolverine" or the "Canadian Crippler"? Those are much better names than Toothless Agression, thought I'm sure a hockey team somewhere out there wears that shirt as their team shirt.

Because the toothless agression phrase was invented by the WWE and the "canadian crippler" was started by ECW and popularised in the WCW. If Benoit ever truly makes it big in the WWE they want the WWE version of Benoit and that of course is "toothless agression" since the WWE never wants to admit that anything outside of WWE can truly work.

How about Paul Heyman reforming ECW... only to turn it over to Steph to the line: "From now on Paul, you can call ME boss."

HHH de-pantsing Kurt Angle on a weekly basis in 2002.

Ric Flair kneeling before Triple H

Definitely, the saddest of them all.

Nash "run-ins" during his last few feuds.

Heel wrestler starts beating down face.

Crowd pops as Nash appears

Five seconds go by.

Ten.

Fifteen.

Nash is halfway down the ramp.

The crowd goes for a quick piss break and to get some popcorn.

The crowd comes back, Nash is just cliimbing into the ring.

At home, the broadcast cuts to commercial.

When we get back, Nash is finally attacking the heel.

Well, the heel is jumping into Nash's arms so he can slam them, anyway.

Since this was way back in the old WWF days I don't know if it even qualifies, but my pick is Mr. T--the enforcing referee.

Raw

Austin as Co-GM

Unmasking of Kane

Katie Vick

Ric Flair kneeling to Triple H

Triple H and Stephanie exchanging retarded sexual insults while Jericho listens on

Hulk Hogan winning the Undisputed Title

....imagine seeing Austin puke all over McMahon in 98. I'll never forget the horrid image of Hall hurling all over Bischoff on Nitro.

And for that matter, another sad, pathetic moment was seeing Austin piss on Arn Anderson in June last year.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

It's not the worst but it always bugged me the most. During the Flair/Taker match at 18, Flair ducks something I believe and Taker runs perfectly right into the AA spinebuster. Crowd goes nuts, Arn even looked like he was about to shit himself from pure joy and then Taker proceded to kick out, beat the fuck out of the friggin Horseman and finish Flair clean. Not the worst but always one of those moments that made me wish I hadn't seen it.

How about Paul Heyman reforming ECW... only to turn it over to Steph to the line: "From now on Paul, you can call ME boss."

Amen. A 3 way promotion war would have ruled so much, had it been booked properly. The fans went fkn nuts when the ECW Crew re-formed... but no... we've gotta let a fuckin McMahon run the damn thing, and have all of them them basically become slaves to Austin and the McMahons.

The whole Invasion angle was pretty much a joke after ECW/WCW "joined forces." That whole angle could have become absolutely huge, but instead Vince just had to fuck that angle up and make his WWF guys look superior.

Basically anything involving McMahons, WWE Divas, Announcers, or a wrestler's "Past History" has been a complete joke and a waste of time.

Guest JMA

La Resistance - Horrible angle created solely for cheap heat.

Mae Young - Everything involving her. Whether it was showing her tits, having sex with Mark Henry, or giving birth to hands.

Boss Man killing Pepper - This angle was just uncalled for. It was disgusting and made solely for shock value. It has really tarnished Ray Traylor's legacy, IMO. It also led to the idiotic Kennel in a Cell match.

Supernatural powers - Remember when Taker could levitate and disappear? Not to mention Kane controlling lighting and starting fires with his mind...

Al Wilson - Was there really a point to this? And why would they have Torrie's father die in storyline terms? It's just lame.

Katie Vick - Necrophillia. 'Nuff said.

Sgt. Slaughter: Iraqi Sympathizer - Using the first Gulf War to further an angle... that's low. A gimmick that tarnished both the legacy of Slaughter and the Iron Sheik.

The Ultimate Warrior - The worst wrestler of the eighties. His gimmick and non sensical rants make me cringe.

The Un-Americans - Another angle created solely for cheap heat.

Boss Man killing Pepper - This angle was just uncalled for. It was disgusting and made solely for shock value. It has really tarnished Ray Traylor's legacy, IMO. It also led to the idiotic Kennel in a Cell match.

You mean it ruined the integrity of the guy who was hung from Hell In The Cell and never mentioned it again? You don't say!!!!

EDIT: By the way: Ministry Of Darkness. I GOT AN IDEA: Let's take half the midcarders and give them GOTH GIMMICKS. Because that gives them so much flexibility! And wrestlers who dress out of Hot Topic = RATINGS!!!

The sad thing was that some of that Higher Power shit felt way too much like WCW's Warrior Return in terms of hype and payoff. I was expecting Undertaker to appear in Vince's mirror and everyone but Shane see it.

Hogan holding the Undisputed Title in freakin' 2002!!

Kane unable to beat the boss' chubby son save for luck.

Vince making Bischoff constantly embarrass himself to fulfill his own masturbatory fantasies, and in the process killing the sleazy-but-cool hell heel character Bisch started out with. Of course, he was getting cheered while Steph was being booed so couldn't have that stay that way.

Guest Memphis

WWE crowds immune to injuries that take place in the ring due to WWE using them as angles.

i.e. Chyna 're-injures' herself at RR01, fans chant 'Sgt. Slaughter! *clap* Sgt. Slaughter!'.

Only have themselves to blame next time someone snaps their neck and no-one buys it.

M

Al Wilson - Was there really a point to this? And why would they have Torrie's father die in storyline terms? It's just lame.

Oh God, I'd forgotten about Al Wilson. You bastard. You absolute bastard. Others are sadder and mroe pathetic, but in terms of sheer mind-numbing boredom and pointlessness that has to take it. Why did you have to bring that up?

And WHY is Dawn Marie, the woman who killed Al Wilson, now siding with Torrie in an effort to get rid of Shaniqua? they brawled at his FUCKING FUNERAL, for crying out loud...

Guest Korgath

For myself, the saddest sight will always be Rosey in his S.H.I.T. outfit.

No man, especially one that has been called up to the highest echelons of the business, should wrestle wearing a towel.

Of course, this is second only to the name itself.