TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

RVD's broken leg

Just a quick question.

How did Rob Van Dam break his leg back in ECW? I know Rhino claimed he did it as part of an angle, but I have no idea if it really was in a match with Rhino or what it was.

I'm pretty sure RVD broke his leg on a simple botched baseball slide. If I remember correctly, it WAS against Rhyno. It seems crazy that his only serious injury came on a baseball slide while, at the same time, he was doing somersault planchas into the crowd and now, doing five-star frog splashes off of ladders. He seriously is one of the least injury-prone wrestlers in WWE.......which surely explains why he isn't getting pushed.

Thanks. I'd only remembered it after reading the banned belly-to-belly thread and all the mentions of how un-injury prone Van Dam is and when trying to remember any injures he's had, this was all i could come up with.

Thanks again mate.

Guest Choken One

Funny how Raw's two most over yet held down stars are rarely injured if ever at all..

Guest Super Leather

I have that match on tape, and it's a house show in Zuma Beach, Florida against Rhino. RVD does a simple baseball slide and you can see him fall short of the mark. The battle continues to the outside, in which RVD's limping the whole time and screws up a springboard/Van Daminator as a result for the obligatory "You fucked up" chant. However, he does finish the match by hitting the Van Daminator and the 5-star for the pin. The match itself isn't really anything special, just a routine TV title defense. But Gertner does get gored before the match even starts and the venue they have the match in is set up in an odd fashion, which results in Fonzie diving into the crowd to avoid the Steve Corino/Jack Victory assault a few times.

And yes...how it is that RVD breaks his leg doing a baseball slide while doing every other insane move he's ever done without getting injured must be beyond my comprehension. Edge is right...RVD IS Gumby.