TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheLukester

The One and Only Bird Watching Thread

Guest TheLukester

I have long desired to see if there are any other bird watchers in our midst here at The Smart Marks, so I have decided to start a thread where discussion of this rewarding hobby will be encouraged, rather than taboo. I am sure that many of you are eager to share with others here the many exotic birds you have no doubt seen in your local area, so I will not waste too much of your time with my blathering :P. I will start us off with an interesting bird that I spotted today and the aftermath of that sighting:

October 8, 2003

Today as I was walking home from school, I passed the pond. I pass the pond every day when I walk home from school. Today was no different. I usually see a variety of ducks in the pond. These ducks are usually nothing special and I have had many of them charted in my bird book for many years. But today I caught glimpse of something remarkable: An American Widgeon. Widgeons are not usually seen in this area. I certainly had never seen one before, nor was one ever reported at the YBWA meetings. I approached the Widgeon carefully, not wanting to frighten him. Then I noticed that the Widgeon had suffered an injury of some sort. It is possible that he had an altercation with another bird. Possibly one that does not like Widgeons. It may be best not to speculate. I knew that if I left the Widgeon there, he would die. I did not want the Widgeon to die, so I called my mother and had her bring the cat carrier. I kept the Widgeon company during the wait by discussing the various other ducks that are common in that pond and by detailing my many plans for becoming popular on The Smart Marks. That is when I had the idea for this thread. My mom wanted me to take the Widgeon to the animal shelter, but I decided that I will keep him. I am not sure what Widgeons eat, but I will attempt to make him as comfortable as possible while he recovers. In between nursing the Widgeon to health and posting with all of my newfound friends on The Smart Marks, my next few weeks will be very busy. That is okay, though. I have needed some excitement.

Now share your bird watching stories!

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

My mommy and daddy says that if you see 100 cardinal birds at midnight and gravekeeper Apoe's not around, a graverobber's gonna come out and put this birdgoo-looking stuff all over some poor kid's dead mommy!

... ... *shiver* is it... ... TRUE!?

Guest El Satanico

:slams door and knocks picture of a bird off the wall:

I knocked off a bird..."GET IT?"

......................./´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........'\'...\.......... _.•´

............\..............(

..............\.............\

Christ, I wish I could find that picture with this crazy Cajun chef giving the finger with "The Answer Is No!" text on top. Someone either here or the CZW Fanboys board had that as a sig.

Guest TheLukester

I am not sure that I understand the turn that this thread has taken. In the future, it would be greatly appreciated by myself and the many other bird enthusiasts here on The Smart Marks if only genuine bird watching-related conversation were to take place here. I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun. It is just out of concern that all of your hilarious antics are distracting from the true purpose of this thread: the discussion of bird watching. I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun. Perhaps you could start a "One and Only Things That Are Not Related To Bird Watching" thread as a counterpoint to this thread. I think that that would be a fun thread to participate in.

I am not sure that I understand the turn that this thread has taken. In the future, it would be greatly appreciated by myself and the many other bird enthusiasts here on The Smart Marks if only genuine bird watching-related conversation were to take place here. I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun. It is just out of concern that all of your hilarious antics are distracting from the true purpose of this thread: the discussion of bird watching. I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun. Perhaps you could start a "One and Only Things That Are Not Related To Bird Watching" thread as a counterpoint to this thread. I think that that would be a fun thread to participate in.

Yeah!

Fucking trolls...

goaway.gif