TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

The One and Only SMACKDOWN! 10-09-03 Thread

Tiny%20Canada%20flag.gifsmack.gifTiny%20Canada%20flag.gif

After last week, I realized that we have Canadian SmackDown! viewers and American SmackDown! viewers, both countries watching SmackDown! at different times. In Canada, SD! comes on an hour earlier via TheScore sports network, while the Americans see it on the original network, UPN. So after much thought, decided to start a separate thread for us Canadian viewers, so not to SPOIL any of the show for the viewers in the US. So if there's any problems, or questions, feel free to PM me, and we'll discuss. NOTE: this thread is for Canadian SD! viewers ONLY. Not to cause any discrimination, but its simply just to separate the two viewing audiences, without SPOILING the show for the Americans, who get to see it a little later.

PREVIEW (WWE.COM)

Excuse the Big Show if he has even more of a chip on his shoulder for SmackDown! tonight. After all, a week ago he suffered two losses – an in-ring loss to Orlando Jordan by count out and he also lost his lunch thanks to Eddie Guerrero spiking Show’s burritos with his own blend of “special sauce.” Will the Big Show seek revenge on Jordan? Will he have his sight set on Guerrero? Or, will he try to take them both out this week? Only one way to find out … check out SmackDown! tonight 7pm EST on TheScore!

Also in action on SmackDown! will be Tajiri, who takes on Ultimo Dragon. Also, the Undertaker will face Chuck Palumbo. In addition, SmackDown! will feature a Battle Rap between Kurt Angle and John Cena, and Zach Gowen will make his return after injuries suffered at the hands of Brock Lesnar.

With No Mercy less than two weeks away, expect the unexpected tonight on SmackDown!, 7pmEST on TheScore!

newlogo.gif

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
So different times need different threads?

How many threads will RAW have, then?

Why should us Canadians wait to talk over Smackdown an hour after it happens to cater to the American fans? Does it hurt ANYONE to have this thread exist? I think its a pretty damned good idea.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Speaking of, I love Conscious Effort #1985235E of WWE trying to kill off their business in Canada in the form of that WWE Magazine article.

"Canadians need to be told everything twice" was about how the signs were in English and French. Could it be because of the TWO OFFICIAL LANGUAGES??? Idiot.

Canucklehead SmackDown! I'll probably drift in and out of the show, because this show looks utterly terrible, but the thread itself is a good idea. Kudos! :cheers:

Morbid curiousity compels me to see

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

the Sewage Truck segment
and the Cena/Angle Battle Rap.

As a Canadian, I hope this thread does awesome. However, due to work committments, I will be unable to contribute in anyway for the next 3 weeks, and after that I'm not sure if TheScore works very well on the TV near my computer (long story...). Best of luck though, Bif.

Guest Anglesault
In addition, SmackDown! will feature a Battle Rap between Kurt Angle and John Cena,

That sounds awful, eh?

See, I can be Canadian too!

Guest wrestlingbs

Avoid SD tonight if you don't like:

Mcmahons, destroying new stars, and Eddie's career slipping away

Avoid SD tonight if you don't like:

Mcmahons, destroying new stars, and Eddie's career slipping away

I'm shocked that any of those things would be found on a WWE show.

How sad that the inaugural edition of the Canadian SD thread will probably be for the worst Smackdown since...well, didn't the Al Wilson shows at least have good matches?

So--5 pages max?

Linda's music has always bothered me. It just seems too upbeat and too 80'sish for a 50 year old woman.

Condemn your family, Linda! Show your lack of acting talent!

How sad that the inaugural edition of the Canadian SD thread will probably be for the worst Smackdown since...well, didn't the Al Wilson shows at least have good matches?

So--5 pages max?

Given that it's against the season premiere of Hockey Night In Canada here, I wouldn't hold out hope for even that many.

It's good to see Ultimo on Smackdown!, even though the match was too short. Tajiri and Ultimo looked like they were a bit lost during some parts of it, wasn't as fluid as it could have been. Probably will be the only good match of the night.

And here comes Undertaker.... and I realize I'm talking to myself in this thread. :P

Taker has good taste in friends, they both have the same IQ, although I think the chain might be more charismatic and a better locker room leader.

I'm glad I live on the West Coast, because that way I can still watch HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA~! later tonight instead of having to choose between SD and HNIC~!

Ha! He won't give Show the food. This is GENIUS. MONEY IN TEH BANK~!

Yeah, I think the real money in the bank will come later tonight. VINCE IS TEH GENIUS~!