TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

WWE Books the New Jersey Rex Plex

According to Mike Johnson (from 1bob), the WWE has booked the New Jersey Rex Plex for a January Smackdown House Show.

Now, previous to this, the Rex Plex has played host to Ring of Honor's "Death Before Dishonor" show (notable for the Jeff Hardy incident) and some Jersey Championship Wrestling shows.

Yep, the WWE is now running in a place where Indy feds run. Its got an est. 5000 capacity, and when ROH ran there they drew 1200 which is considerably good for an indy.

Also, its notable that WWE ran a house show in Trenton, NJ a few nights ago drawing 1800 fans.

This is definitely a MAJOR step down for the WWE...I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record here, but they really need to consider what this attendance means to them.

Guest Mulatto Heat

They're only getting 5000 for a Smackdown taping these days so if they don't get their act together in the next 3 months I'll be surprised if they sell out the Rex Plex.

Dear god, why?

Because it was a Smackdown show... and for once, WWE came to Trenton which is a lot closer than East Rutherford. I'm buying tickets for a Smackdown TV taping tommorrow for East Rutherford.

Guest Choken One

The Manhattan Center is looking likely to make it's raw return...

Hell, They should just buy the place for Velocity tapings and let Indys run there and make a profit...

Guest Choken One

Sounds exactly right what McMahon will bullshit to us...but HEY! Maybe we can return to the Mothership set!

Guest Choken One

get some of those Hulk Hogan Wrestling Buddies and paint different Beards and shit on them...NONE WILL BE THE WISER!

Guest bort

"HEY! The Mississauga Hershey Centre holds about 5000. C'mon over and get out-drawn by ECW"

If they ran the Hershey center then ECW would out draw them, the place was very full for the ECW show, a wwe house show would be lucky to draw 4 thousand

Choken: get some of those Hulk Hogan Wrestling Buddies and paint different Beards and shit on them...NONE WILL BE THE WISER!

Or precorded footage of Attitude-Era fans in the audience complete with blurred logos. "We're 25,000 strong here in the EEEEErenAAAA!!!"

I'd imagine they'd fill the place.

There were like 1000 people on-hand for a Shawn Michaels autograph signing as well as a few thousand for the Woodbine autograph sessions.

Of course, Canadian houses aren't nearly as big as they were before (wonder why), so it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't fill the HC. But then again, I doubt they would want to play a 5000 seat arena given the Canadian Dollar. Not much of a pay-off.

Plus, they did about 10,000 at the Air Canada centre last October for a Smackdown taping.

Guest bort

i would be surprised if they drew a good house show crowd in Toronto, we get a show almost every 3 months it seems, Last time the WWE sold out in toronto was like the sept 7 smackdown taping of 2001

Sounds exactly right what McMahon will bullshit to us...but HEY! Maybe we can return to the Mothership set!

Or the empty pink studio where the AWA went to die!

HHH vs Randy Orton in a Turkey on a Pole match!