TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JRE

A biker chain match...

Since this is sort of a Velocity/Confidential thread, I would just like to comment on how stoned RVD look and sounded. He was so ripped out of his mind.

I loved how Coach ended the segment with a straight face saying, "Well Rob, we all certainly respect your ring work."

Guest Choken One

RVD has a simple Straightfoward sell expression on his face...

Edge? When he is in "Pain"...it looks like he is having mild discomfort and has the look of a crazed dumped valley girl at the prom with the pulling of his hair and his disturbing groans of agony...that sound remarkably like the TBS after a couple burritos.

This match won't be the main event, right?

I mean, it looks like Steph/Vince is getting more TV time.

Most likely, it'll play runner-up.

My favorite RVD part on OTR:

Coach: RVD, how high do you get...

RVD: Woah, Coach!

Coach: ...with the Frog Splash?

RVD: Oh. *then answers

HIs facial expressions are bad? I'm sorry, but as much as I love him, RVD's are way worse that Edge's.

Nope.

I can tell when RVD is in pain. All of Edge's faces look like...

confused discomfort.

RVD looks constipated when he's in pain.

Too me, Edge looks like he's in agony when he's in pain.

Guest Choken One

No...RVD looks HUMAN when he sells...Humans holds what hurts (i.e his ribs) Edge likes to pull his hair

Guest Boo_Bradley

When was the last Dog Collar Match in the WWF? Vader had one the night Stevew Blackman debueted... *thinks*

I fail to see how Edge is out of place in almost every match he's in. The guy's gotten good matches out of people like Test and Edge.

Ahem... I don't recall an Edge vs. Edge match Barron. Could you please tell me the year, date, and show that was on.

Cause I do so hope it wasn't like Taker vs. Taker. Maybe it'd be good enough for a watch.

Ahem... I don't recall an Edge vs. Edge match Barron. Could you please tell me the year, date, and show that was on.

Cause I do so hope it wasn't like Taker vs. Taker. Maybe it'd be good enough for a watch.

He probably meant to say Christian, but I thought their matches weren't all that great.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Will 'Taker claim that a Biker Chain match is his gimmick match and claim he has to win?

Much like HHH does with HIAC.

I fail to see how Edge is out of place in almost every match he's in. The guy's gotten good matches out of people like Test and Edge.

That mans GOOD!!

EDIT: Sorry already pointed out.

Edge's has the sole distinction of having ***+ matches with Test, Regal, Storm and Christian, which coincidentally makes up all four members of the Un-Americans stable.

I don't think anyone else on either roster have had ***+ matches with Christian and Test, let alone better workers in Storm and Regal.

Guest netslob

see, i thought the stipulations were gonna be that they were going to be tethered together by the chain, like the dog-collar and Russian chain matches of yester-year...but Christ knows i'm not the billionaire wrestling genius...oops, i mean billionaire Sportz Entertainment genius...my bad.

HIs facial expressions are bad? I'm sorry, but as much as I love him, RVD's are way worse that Edge's.

Nope.

I can tell when RVD is in pain. All of Edge's faces look like...

confused discomfort.

Very true.

Although, sometimes when RVD is selling, his face reminds me of Puddy's from Seinfeld.

Ever since the end of Edge/Christian, I can't get into of any of Edge's matches. I recognize many are fine matches. But when he's in there, I couldn't care less if he wins or not.

Edge's has the sole distinction of having ***+ matches with Test, Regal, Storm and Christian, which coincidentally makes up all four members of the Un-Americans stable.

I don't think anyone else on either roster have had ***+ matches with Christian and Test, let alone better workers in Storm and Regal.

What the fuck are you talking about? Two of those four wrestlers are *BETTER* than Edge. And all four have had *BETTER* matches than with Edge. eg Test V Shane McMahon (SummerSlam '99) or Regal V Benoit (Pillman Memorial)

Damn my slow internet for me not catching it.

I meant Christian- I enjoyed their ladder match even though I concede the Unforgiven match was sub-par.

What the fuck are you talking about? Two of those four wrestlers are *BETTER* than Edge. And all four have had *BETTER* matches than with Edge. eg Test V Shane McMahon (SummerSlam '99) or Regal V Benoit (Pillman Memorial)

Who is better than Edge of those four? And god help me if you say one of them in Christian.

Well I dunno about Christian but Regal and Storm definetly are better than Edge. And no that's not just based on there WWE work. Work they've done outside the WWE far outclasses Edge's wildest dreams.

I can't say anything for Regal, because frankly, I 've only seen a little of his WCW work and all his WWE work, but I have seen Storm in all three (WWE, WCW, ECW). I think he's great, but I don't think he's THAT great. I'll get heat for this (did I just say 'heat'? Oh god, too much wrestling for me), but I think that Edge's best matches (I won't even include tag matches) are better than Storm's. Hell, what is one of the only really good matches that Storm has had? Versus Edge. He hasn't had a better match in WWE yet. That says something to me.

Because his balls are cut off by WWE style. Edge, much like Angle, works ONE style. The WWE style. You take him out of it and tell him to wrestle somewhere else. He will fail miserabley because the WWE style is so hampering and such a BAD STYLE.

You take Storm out of the WWE and put him anywhere else and he will bring the goods. He'll have a good match.

That right there says more about Storm's ability than Edge's. When you've only ever been taught and worked ONE style then you generally aren't very good.

Edge is better at working WWE style than Storm though...but he's still not better than Storm so don't kid yourself.

Because his balls are cut off by WWE style. Edge, much like Angle, works ONE style. The WWE style. You take him out of it and tell him to wrestle somewhere else. He will fail miserabley because the WWE style is so hampering and such a BAD STYLE.

You take Storm out of the WWE and put him anywhere else and he will bring the goods. He'll have a good match.

That right there says more about Storm's ability than Edge's. When you've only ever been taught and worked ONE style then you generally aren't very good.

Edge is better at working WWE style than Storm though...but he's still not better than Storm so don't kid yourself.

If he's better at working WWE style, and right now, that's the only style I have access to and watch, then Edge is better than Lance in WWE, right? So if Lance isn't that great at working WWE style, then it's a credit to Edge to have a good match with him in WWE, right?

If he's better at working WWE style, and right now, that's the only style I have access to and watch, then Edge is better than Lance in WWE, right? So if Lance isn't that great at working WWE style, then it's a credit to Edge to have a good match with him in WWE, right?

Umm...I didn't say Storm was bad at WWE style. I said Edge was better at it because it's all he knows. Storm has had other good WWE matches, with HHH and RVD.

Edge is better in the WWE than Lance. But pay attention now, OVERALL as a wrestler Lance Storm is better than Edge can ever be UNLESS Edge gets somewhere else and learns to work like a normal wrestler and not a WWE worker. Because face it....WWE style is the worst in the world, it's the worst for good logical matches, it's the worst for development of new workers, it's the worst overall. It's only good for mindless spotfests...which are what most of Edge's matches are. *punch, kick, spot, punch kick, spot, spot, spot, rest, punch, kick, spot, spot, finisher*

Who is better than Edge of those four? And god help me if you say one of them in Christian.

I would of thought it was obvious but hey what do I know? Lance Storm > William Regal > Edge > Christian > Test

Guest Ray

Edge can do the facial expressions...watch Unforgiven 2002. Note the concussion selling.

And people, stop acting like Lance Storm is Jesus. I've seen his work...it's not that good. You talk of him as if he's BENOIT or something. ;)

Edge can do the facial expressions...watch Unforgiven 2002. Note the concussion selling.

And people, stop acting like Lance Storm is Jesus. I've seen his work...it's not that good. You talk of him as if he's BENOIT or something. ;)

No he's not Benoit. He's about on par with Jericho. Whom is 10x better than Edge.