TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

WWE news from Wade

Guest wildpegasus
I can't see how. Bret had everything Dynamite had and more. The only thing Dyno has over Hart is that he was a revolutionary worker. Bret has had a far more impressive array of good matches, with a variety of opponents (unlike DK, who outside of Davey or TM didn't really have any other great singles matches), was a much bigger star and was 10 times better on the mic.

I put Dynamite ahead of Bret. Before Dynamite got injured around 1986 I think it'd be pretty unamious that he was better than Bret. Bret later on would go on to have some great bouts which put him higher in my books but I still don't think he ever took over Dynamite. Dynamite was better since he could have great matches out of anyone back in the day in Stampede. Look at it this way. The FIRST time Bret ever wrestled Dynamite Ed Whalen the Stampede commentator proclaimed it as the best match ever. This was when Bret was still green. Dynamite got great matches out of Bruce Hart. Nothing against Bruce but take a look at him against anyone else. No other match he had compared to his bouts against Dynamite and I don't know if there's anyone out there ever who could've done that. These weren't short matches by any stretch of the imagination either. They were often 1/2 hour in length if not longer. The point here is Dyno did more with less. Look at the difference in quality of the matches between Dyno/Mask and Bret/Mask. There's no comparison.

I don't think it's fair to say that Dyno only had great matches against Davey and Tiger Mask. He's also torn down the house with Bruce Hart, Bret, Cobra, Fujinami and as a tag team with Davey Boy and that's only from what I've seen. I've heard good things about his matches with Royal, Buddy Rose, Macho Man and others.

I thought Dynamite and Bret were both pretty smart in the ring. Dynamite being an innovator also showed a lot of smarts in the DK/Mask series in not only leading the matches but showing how he was catching up to Tiger Mask by adapting. (the match where Inoki is commentating and the "2/3" falls match specifically) Obviously he showed a lot of smarts in getting great matches out of lower quality opponents while at the same time trendsetting.

Bret was pretty smart as well. He's showed utter brilliance in such matches as his bouts against Piper, Austin, Diesil and Benoit.

Dynamite was a better bump taker though. Now a bump taker doesn't make a better wrestler but he knew how to use his bumps to get the crowd in a match.

Dynamite was also better at playing a hated heel. He had the jerk persona down pat.

As for selling I don't really put anyone over Bret. I loved how Bret would sell limb damage. Nothing ever seemed unrealistic in Bret's selling. Dynamite was pretty good here as well.

In conclusion I put Dynamite ahead of Bret as a better wrestler simply because of what Dynamite did with lesser opponents. Dynamite's matches still hold up today.