TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TDinDC1112

Jarrett attacks Hogan in Japan

Guest Choken One

Piper...Well he hasn't been in Japan in some time so that could sell to them and they can do it a Hard brawl blood bath to make up for the suck.

I was under the impression that there was legit heat between Hogan/Jarrett from the WCW days. And how does Russo fit into the equation? Was BATB 2000 a work?

Guest El Satanico

I doubt Hogan still has any heat with Jarret over BATB. Russo was the booker behind the BATB fiasco, so all of Hogan's heat should've transfered to Russo.

I loved the BATB fiasco when it happened and I still do.

It was a shoot/storyline. The line between them was blurred, so it's alittle of both. They made it a storyline, but it had an legit outcome.

Guest Choken One

Hogan squashed his beef with Jeff but still holds contempt for Russo and pretty much signed with TNA for the chance to kill russo.

This is so awesome. TNA could be accomplishing something WWE never has tried...a cooperative agreement with a Japanese promotion. It's like the invasion angle taken to the next level. I am so pumped. I wasn't even going to order this week's lackluster card but with the promise of the footage being played and more info on the 11/30 show, they have my buy.

Guest TDinDC1112
38,000 fans was a disappointing turnout...huh

Yes. Tokyo Dome shows are supposed to sell out. 38,000 is about 20,000 short of that. That is a MAJOR dissapointment. The saving grace though is that they had HORRIBLE weather that shut down the public transportation system, which I guess is what a lot of people take to the show. Also, I guess Tokyo Dome shows depend on huge walk up business, so combining that fact with the fact that a lot of people couldn't get there, and then the 38,000 is understandable. It would be like Wrestlemania getting 38,000 people in a 55,000 seat Dome. While 38,000 is a good number, it would be a huge dissapointment relatively speaking to the building they were in and the magnitude (and cost!) of the event.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Now with Chono in the mix, I'm sayin his interference in the Jarrett/Hogan will cost Hogan the win. Thus allowing Hogan to feud with Chono in Japan as well as work TNA.....

Guest Choken One

So is chono doing anything with TNA?

I'd dig it if they "Kidnapped" Chono and about 3-4 of his workers invaded TNA and they have to win a best of 5 series or something...

I think we are getting a little carried away with the thought of a New Japan invasion in TNA. I think TNA is paying Hogan enough without flying in even ONE major Japanese star for a few weeks. All it would do is take the focus off Hogan, and that's not what they're paying six-figures for.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Uh... AWA? Anyway, they should have made this part of the show or something. They basically flew a guy all the way to Japan for one appearance that wasn't even part of an event so no money was made on it. I guess if the goal is to get TNA in Japan then it was a good idea. If the idea was to draw American interest in the angle then it's kinda flunky since most people here don't pay a rat's ass to what's going on in Japan anyway.

I think he meant Current Recognized World Titles in the US.

Guest FrigidSoul
He's right.

Every time we put a word for word cut and paste of an article up we are doing something wrong.

The accepted way of doing things is to put in the first few lines of the text and then put the link to read more.

I woulnd't worry about it ever leading to anything...but technically it IS wrong.

Its also wrong to eat M&Ms that fall on the floor but everybody does it and nobody seems to care

As long as people get their credit they don't care...infact as they say "Any publicity is good publicity"