TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elbarto997

Worst. Band. EVER. Thread

Wow, I never realised how unpopular The White Stripes are here until reading this thread (I don't hang on the music board often). I love the White Stripes and think Jack has a hell of a lot of talent, Meg on the otherhand isn't the most talented drummer but she gets the Job done.

And what a job it is. Its like the same drumbeat on every Stripes song. I could do that, and I don't have a shred of musical talent.

Shit, I don't even think GOOD CHARLOTTE is worst band ever material. People need to stop thinking in terms of "What popular band do I hate and resent?" and actually look at the general lack of talent.

Who's worse than Good Charlotte? It's not that they're popular, causing hate and resentment, it's that they legitimately suck ass. If they're not the worst band on the planet right now, I don't know who is.

Maybe Ima Robot, but I don't think Indie counts.

I know they're awful, but shit, if you want to talk popular mainstream bands who suck, I'd say Linkin Park is worse. It's just the same three songs over and over again.

And if Aqua still exists, well, there you go.

I know they're awful, but shit, if you want to talk popular mainstream bands who suck, I'd say Linkin Park is worse. It's just the same three songs over and over again.

And if Aqua still exists, well, there you go.

Linkin Park>Good Charlotte

There's at least a bit of talent in Linkin Park. Benington has a decent enough voice when he's not screaming, and Mr. Hahn is an avereage DJ. There's nothing good about GC.

Last I heard, Aqua broke up.

Oh, "Cold Blood" by Kix RAWKS the house.

I don't know which singer is which in Linkin Park, but the one with the black hair and the glasses looks like the guy from the phone commercials.... "Can you hear me now?"

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Before posting any further, I want you to read this quote from a very wise man:

Here today, gone later today

I don't know which singer is which in Linkin Park, but the one with the black hair and the glasses looks like the guy from the phone commercials.... "Can you hear me now?"

....I've never made that connection before...but now I can't see one of those commercials without thinking that the guy is going to start screaming about his inner pain and suffering. Thanks a lot.

Do boy bands count? If so I'd like to nominate The Backstreet Boys.

If not then I would say that Creed is definately the worst band ever. Every other band nominated on here has at least one song that I like, or can tolerate. Creed on the otherhand is quite simply garbage.

Do boy bands count? If so I'd like to nominate The Backstreet Boys.

If not then I would say that Creed is definately the worst band ever. Every other band nominated on here has at least one song that I like, or can tolerate. Creed on the otherhand is quite simply garbage.

**waits for Choken to see your reply**

Speaking of Choken, someone be a dick and nominate LOA.

Wait, I like LOA, juts not as much as he does, so it'll still be funny.

DEP, again, it's fine to hate them and I can understand why some people do, but the technical INSANITY involved disqualifies them from any 'worst ever' list.

It's the insanity that includes them in mine :)

Yeah, but put it this way, I have no real desire to listen to Steely Dan, but the musicianship and production values are the best in the industry, and that I respect. So I don't see why you can hate a band for possessing technical skill. Hate them cos you don't like listening to the end product, but understand they can't qualify as the worst.

There is way too much talent in most of your list to say that they are the worse. be it song writing, arrangement, they all...well...most of them have something that they are good at.

ICP's, in my opinon, only talent is that they are kinda funny. That isn't a muscial talent. Their lyrics are bad...their production is bad...their ideas are bad...their flow is bad. There really isn't anything redemable about these guys...except that they are funny and different. Niether or which make you a good musician.

Hell, I would kill everyone in here before I listen to Michael Bolton, but I wouldn't call him the worst singer ever. And I mean that...every single one of you...twice if necessary.

I swear blind I saw a 'Best Of Black Lace' album once at my local HMV so they can win this for the sheer bloody cheek of releasing that. I t probably came with 6 different remixes of 'agadoo' on it no doubt.

If you like tacky 'themed' compilation albums then Allmusic.com reliably informs me 'agadoo' appears on two very interesting records entitled 'The Best Kids Party In The World...Ever! & Ultimate Cheeky Party Album. The Kid's album has great novelty stuff like Rolf Harris, Max Bygraves, The Wombles & The Chipmunks but spoils it with predictable crap like Spice Girls, Steps and Billie but i'm sure the youngun's love it. Including stuff like Right Said Fred and Benny Hill on the other hand is rather disturbing for different reasons. The 'Ultimate Cheeky' album is a lesson in what constitutes good cheesy pop and shit cheesy pop but any album featuring 'Kung Fu Fighting', Wake Me Up Before You Go Go AND 'Israelites' deserves anybody's time.

Don't forgot to have the skip button ready for 'agadoo' though.

LFO

How did it take four pages to get to them?

Also on the subject of hair bands...Does anyone remember the band Steelheart? Way back in the day MTV ran a special for the Top 200 videos ever. This was around 1989-90, when I was 6-7. Their video for "I'll Never Let You Go" was #200 and I liked it a lot. I even got their album (cassette of course). Not my finest moment.

Also on the subject of hair bands...Does anyone remember the band Steelheart? Way back in the day MTV ran a special for the Top 200 videos ever. This was around 1989-90, when I was 6-7. Their video for "I'll Never Let You Go" was #200 and I liked it a lot. I even got their album (cassette of course). Not my finest moment.

We all have our moments of weakness.

A couple years ago, I thought that Good Charlotte was a good band. I went out and bought their CD. I recently discovered that I still had it. I went outside and threw it like a frisbee over the fence.

We all have our moments of weakness.

Guest Frank The Tank

Has anyone mentioned The Baha Men yet? They suck horribly and I kind of like DEP, it gets some time to get used to them. I would nominate Creed, but I liked the first cd, same with Limp Bizkit, after that both just made shit.

Guest El Satanico

no...bands like The Baha Men are irrelevent to music. They just don't count.

Guest Choken One
Do boy bands count?  If so I'd like to nominate The Backstreet Boys.

If not then I would say that Creed is definately the worst band ever.  Every other band nominated on here has at least one song that I like, or can tolerate. Creed on the otherhand is quite simply garbage.

**waits for Choken to see your reply**

Speaking of Choken, someone be a dick and nominate LOA.

Wait, I like LOA, juts not as much as he does, so it'll still be funny.

I don't love creed, I've just said they put on a surprisingy exciting live show...and that's better then 90% of the bands we got going around here like Good Charlotte or Staind...

Staind I wouldn't mind if they just fucking admit they are Journey 2.0 and just admit they can only do ballads and stop trying to tell us your METAL...You had one decent rock song in MudShovel...thats about it...

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Worst band ever??

I'd say any band that copied Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

So pretty much any band from 1992-1999. A decade of suck.

I saw a band play once at a rave, I think their name was "Testicle Bomb" and within one minute of playing they were getting glow sticks and other assorted glow in the dark shit getting thrown at them. So they cut them in the middle of the performance to play some speed racer techno song. These guys would make three drunken, crack smoking hobos look like musical gods in comparision.

Guest FrigidSoul
Listen Stryper for the first time.... i wanted to rip my ears out and feed them to my dog

They don't eat ears, they eat fingers

On that note I'm going to have to say Evansc...whatever it is. I can't believe anybody would like listening to her sing the same damn line for 4-5minutes straight with the same damn looped "music". The chick isn't even good looking...I mean at least for Spears and Aguilerra I could mute the TV and watch them just be ditzy.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Good call, plunderin'. I hate the shit out of Evanescence.

Now, as for:

Im gonna say Dillinger Escape Plan

It's been a while since I've had to do this to someone but...*rips Haraga's face off*

Yeah, they're absolutely berzerk, but those guys are so talented that it's not even fair. The drummer seemingly has extra arms, and has such a great sense of tempo, and variation. The band's style has grown and changed over time, encompassing all sorts of different influences..I could go on about 'em all day. Given that, however, I completely understand why some people can't stand listening to them. I use Calculating Infinity to torture my coworkers who have no idea what the band is doing.

Since these guys name has come up alot in this thread...

One night last week I got home from work and caught "Not Another Teen Movie" on Cinamax, so I started watching it since I haven't seen it since it came out in 2001. Anyway, what band do I see playing the prom in the movie? Why, it's Good Charlotte! No punk attitude. No black make-up. Just 4/5 clean cut kids covering pop songs like "I want candy" and "Put your head on my shoulder."

I know it was a movie and they were paid to be that way (or were they always "punk?") but I thought it was funny seeing MTV's favorite little rebellious punk rockers doing those songs.

Guest Choken One

Wasn't that kinda the point? Irony of Punkers being clean cut and stuff?

It was a spoof...so ya know.

Listen Stryper for the first time.... i wanted to rip my ears out and feed them to my dog

They don't eat ears, they eat fingers

On that note I'm going to have to say Evansc...whatever it is. I can't believe anybody would like listening to her sing the same damn line for 4-5minutes straight with the same damn looped "music". The chick isn't even good looking...I mean at least for Spears and Aguilerra I could mute the TV and watch them just be ditzy.

Amy Lee has a incredible voice though. No way you can call them the worse band ever.

My Immortal is the SHIOT.