TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

WWE Management high on Orton, Maven

As if Raw wasn't bad enough, here's this piece of news/rumor to brighten everyone's day.

From 1wrestling, by way of 411.com:

WWE management is currently very high on Maven and feels that he and Randy Orton are RAW's top two young guys. The general feeling is that Maven came in very green but has learned a lot. Therefore, WWE management will likely continue to push him hard.

Maven's learned a lot? Well, he did add an armdrag to his repetoire. Other than that, I haven't seen all this supposed improvement. At least the fans care about Maven, which is more than can be said for Orton right now.

Let the bitching commence!

One thing about Maven is that he is so far ahead of Jindrak and Cade in the promo/looking like a star department that it wasn't even funny.

I could get behind a Maven push before an Orton puch...neither is good in the ring...but at least Maven is a little over.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I think people want a reason to cheer Maven they feel that have been emotionally involved in his career right from the very start during Tough Enough. Its a bit like all these Pop Idol shows - people feel attached as they feel they have been a part of their career from the get-go.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

What really sucks about this is we just used all the good "Captain Obvious" punchlines in the Vince hates ECW thread.

Guest Boo_Bradley

The general feeling is that Maven came in very green

They did bring him in from the streets....

Guest Loss

Maven is obviously not a great worker, but he does have good charisma and presence, and I've seen worse babyfaces. I don't think he'll ever be a megastar, but there's no reason he can't be effective on RAW if they play to his strengths and disguise his weaknesses.

It's long past time the actually younger talent got pushed. The same people that bitch about people like HHH and UT holding people down and how Vince needs to elevate new talent are the same people that bitch whenever someone totally new comes in and even sniffs the upper midcard/main event.

Maven is obviously not a great worker, but he does have good charisma and presence, and I've seen worse babyfaces. I don't think he'll ever be a megastar, but there's no reason he can't be effective on RAW if they play to his strengths and disguise his weaknesses.

Coinsidering how they've handled Goldberg since day 1, there's no guarantee this'll happen.

It's long past time the actually younger talent got pushed. The same people that bitch about people like HHH and UT holding people down and how Vince needs to elevate new talent are the same people that bitch whenever someone totally new comes in and even sniffs the upper midcard/main event.

I agree. But until Maven can make that flying DDT thing look like it connects, they need to reconsider or change his finisher.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
The same people that bitch about people like HHH and UT holding people down and how Vince needs to elevate new talent are the same people that bitch whenever someone totally new comes in and even sniffs the upper midcard/main event.

keep in mind that 90% of the new guys who make it off Velocity are even worse than the old guys.

An Orton push fills me with rage regardless of how old he is.

Guest Loss

And the reason the bitching takes place is because the Jericho/Benoit/Guerrero/RVD/Angle generation is being bypassed for the Orton/Cena/Cade/Jindrak/Maven generation. People want the first group on top, not the second group.

Guest Markingout

Test is injured,HHH is out,Rodney Mack is injured,Kane is out because of the angle. MORE TIME FOR ORTON,MAVEN,JINDRAK,AND CADE! SMELL THE RATINGS BOYS!

seriously this is going to suck

And the reason the bitching takes place is because the Jericho/Benoit/Guerrero/RVD/Angle generation is being bypassed for the Orton/Cena/Cade/Jindrak/Maven generation. People want the first group on top, not the second group.

100% correct.

I know...the Lost Generation basically became upper midcarders who flirted with the main event(except Angle...I think he broke through) and then are jobbed to make the new guys look good. However the current main eventers still refuse to let anyone get on there level and therefore the Lost Generation looks like crap for jobbing to the main eventers and the new guys. Then they get jobbed to each other till nobody cares. It's sad....

Plus the Lost Generation is a group of talent that I don't think the WWE will EVER assemble again. There current training methods obviously don't work as proved by the talent of all the recent OVW grads.

For whatever reason, I don't mind the Maven push so much.

I'd rather have him than Orton any day of the week.

I know...the Lost Generation basically became upper midcarders who flirted with the main event(except Angle...I think he broke through) and then are jobbed to make the new guys look good. However the current main eventers still refuse to let anyone get on there level and therefore the Lost Generation looks like crap for jobbing to the main eventers and the new guys. Then they get jobbed to each other till nobody cares. It's sad....

Plus the Lost Generation is a group of talent that I don't think the WWE will EVER assemble again. There current training methods obviously don't work as proved by the talent of all the recent OVW grads.

You've thought about it too much.

You've thought about it too much.

Huh?

Guest Loss

That's so true. Typically, the best workers have been the ones that have wrestled everywhere, and their style is a little of what they learned in each place. With the monopoly and the farm league, it's going to be hard to create workers like that again, since the art of paying dues in the indies and wrestling in Mexico and Japan before breaking through to WWE isn't nearly as established as it used to be.

Guest Boo_Bradley
Well, get ready for it....

77.jpg

v.

22.jpg

v.

08.jpg

is YOUR WMXX main event.

Some how personally going 57 weeks without watching RAW doesn't seem like that bad of an idea after seeing the things I'm missing....

I do miss Jericho and RVD a bit...........

Because of all ten of those people...

Only Orton seems to have an actual plan for the future.

This thread will make more sense when Orton gets his title push...much like when Brock was getting his title push (while equally if not MORE unover than Orton is now).

Because of all ten of those people...

Only Orton seems to have an actual plan for the future.

This thread will make more sense when Orton gets his title push...much like when Brock was getting his title push (while equally if not MORE unover than Orton is now).

True. Keep Flair with him AT ALL TIMES to wrestle the match from the outside like he does with HHH, and the kid is made. Till the rumble.

You know...I don't really hate Randy Orton.

I hate the IDEA of Randy Orton...and that the WWE continues to just pick a guy without any kind of connection to or importance to the fans and make him the next big thing. Pun intended.

That worked back in the 80s...but it just doesn't work now.

Orton has actually shown minimal signs of improvement over the past month or so. Unfortunately, he still gets no heat and desperately needs a new finisher.

Maven has always been over, but what improvement WWE sees in him is beyond me. He's added about two new moves to his arsenal for a grand total of 3 moves!

-Standing dropkick

-Spinning heel kick

-Arm drag

Worse yet, Flair gets to put this guy over tonight while every internet fan weeps.

Cade and Jindrak are still ridiculously green, but I haven't been offended by their work over the past couple of weeks.

The future does indeed look bright.

Edited by Just John

You know...I don't really hate Randy Orton.

I hate the IDEA of Randy Orton...and that the WWE continues to just pick a guy without any kind of connection to or importance to the fans and make him the next big thing. Pun intended.

That worked back in the 80s...but it just doesn't work now.

Well yeah, that's a given, I don't hate Mark Henry, he just shouldn't be a wrestler and if you were offered a ten year contract you'd fucking take it, thus it's Vince's own fault. Orton's matches aren't special, but watching taker piss around with that STUPID look on his face doing armbars in slow motion and all the rest for 15 minutes is much worse.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Geez wer'e a picky bunch arent we.

Push new people!!!!

Not, not them.

God sake. Am I the only one who like Cade and Jindrak (or EvolutionX, in my EWR Game)

Jindrak, somehow, came out of OVW with more talent than Sean O'Haire

Cade

-Was trained by HBK...so there has to be something there.

-Looks like a pro wrestler, as opposed to say.....Spanky, who looks like a 10 year old

Plus their spiked dropkick finisher is hella cool