Guest Black Tiger

Better version of Don't Cry

17 members have voted

1. 1. Better version of Don't Cry

• The Original version on Use Your Illusion I
    • The Alternate version on Use Your Illusion II

Guest Black Tiger

The poll says it all.

I personally like the alternate version better, I really like Axl's solo towards the end "And when your in need of someone my hear won't deny you. So many seem so lonely with no one left to cry to"

Any other thoughts?

Guest Black Tiger

Actually if UYI I had Civil War, 14 years, Double Talkin Jive and Knockin' on Heaven's Door on it, and took off You Aint the first, and Dead Horse. I wouldn't even need UYI II.

Absolutely, there is no question that if Axl had just combined the best work from both albums he could of made one of the greatest rock records of all time.

However, I'd glad Axl allowed his fans to decide what was star material and what wasn't by leaving the 'filler', if you'd call it that, present on both albums.

I'm guessing he will be doing the same with Chinese Democracy, when it is ultimately released.

Guest El Satanico

:sees 6 votes and 5 posts:

Could this mean that the group of GNR fans around here has thinned out...

:crosses fingers:

If we're lucky

I used to like the Original lyrics and song flow better, but after it was played to death I got more into the alternative lyrics.

Estranged owns both versions anyways.

Guest Black Tiger

I don't care much for the song itself, but I love the line in Dead Horse "and then when she said she was gonna like wreck my car, I didn't know what to do"

Gotta go with the first one, although I don't even particularly like either version of the song. Must say, I recently rediscovered "You Ain't The First", and it is fantastic.

Best song off UYI 1: Don't Damn Me

Best Song off UYI 2: Estranged

Guest Black Tiger

Best song of UYI 1: November Rain

Best song of UYI 2: (tie)14 Years/Civil War

On a side note...I went through a few months ago and found all kinds of GNR stuff either concert stuff or demo's for songs both released and not released...

anyway...I found 2 November Rain demos. One with the song and just a guitar (no piano) and one that was basically just Axl and a piano. It rocked.

Went through where exactly, bps?

Also, IMO 'Coma' is the grandest epic Axl has ever created and one of the best songs I've ever heard lyrically.

The raw rush of 'Right Next Door To Hell' is under-rated too, if you ask me.

UYI

Went through where exactly, bps?

Also, IMO 'Coma' is the grandest epic Axl has ever created and one of the best songs I've ever heard lyrically.

The raw rush of 'Right Next Door To Hell' is under-rated too, if you ask me.

UYI

True, Coma is fantastic, but I think that was mostly Slash's baby, as much as I hate to admit it.

I'm not computer literate...so I'll use words like thingy and whatchamacallit instead of real terms...

but I found a site that has a hub set up where you can download all kinds of GNR material (hundreds of bootlegged concerts, all kinds of videos, demos whatever) right from the user. You have to share a bunch of stuff...but you can just get that off Kazaa and it's easy.

Anyway...people had so much stuff it was ridiculous...I got a great copy of the concert I went to last year on CD now!

They have stuff as far back as Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff sitting in a place that can't have more than a hundred people playing 3 songs in 86 (I'd guess). And all the recent stuff as well.

I had to download a program called DC++ and find the hub...but there is a gold mine in there.

I prefer the lyrics in the UYI 2 version.

For some reason One bad apple is currently my fave song on UYI 1

Just a question, has locomotive ever been played live? A song like that just has to be played live.

Guest Flyboy

... Why is a poll even needed for this? The Alternate lyrics OWN the original. It has... y'know... substance.