TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Flair DVD Matches Announced

The official preview for the Ultimate Ric Flair DVD Collection, scheduled to be released in November by WWE now features the following updated previews on , including complete matches:

"His name draws universal awe and admiration. He is the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the world. He has held the World Championship more times than any competitor in the history of sports-entertainment. Fans around the world pay tribute by shouting his trademark “Woooooo!” He’s influenced more Superstars than anyone else. There are legends and all-time greats, but there is only one Ric Flair.

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

Ric Flair vs. ... (shown in their entirety)

1. Harley Race Starrcade (11/24/83)

2. Dusty Rhodes Starrcade (11/28/85)

3. Barry Windham World Wide Wrestling (01/20/87)

4. Ricky Steamboat Clash of the Champions VI (04/02/89)

5. Ricky Steamboat WrestleWar (05/07/89)

6. Terry Funk I Quit Match Clash of the Champions IX (11/15/89)

7. Royal Rumble (01/19/92)

8. Sting Undisputed World Title Unification Clash of the Champions XXVII (06/23/94)

The DVD will also feature:

*Debut match with the WWWF vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76

*A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

*Flair'd match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV

Plus all the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.

BONUS: 6 hidden Easter eggs

Guest Stunt Granny

WOW, I'm shocked by the lack of WWF matches. The only match is the 92 Royal Rumble, I hope they show the WHOLE THING. And the extras sound cool as hell, definate buy.

Guest Mad the Swine

60 minute matches:

1. Steamboat at Ragin' Cajun is right at 59 minutes long.

2. The Rumble lasts just over an hour.

Windham from 1987 is about 45 minutes.

Guest Stunt Granny

This DVD will be like Tickle Me Elmo for wrestling fans. I'm bringing my crowd swatting elbows to the video store to fight you people off when this comes out.

Help me out here... how many of these are 60 minute matches?

The Royal Rumble is 62 minutes.

The Steamboat match at Clash VI was about 55.

Nothing else tops 45 that I know of. THe Race match is about 25, the other Steamboat match is 35, the Windham match had about 35 minutes air on TV, and the Rhodes match was about 22. The other two are about 20 minutes.

First off, this is great and I'll buy it the day that it's released. Still...

...it is a sin against DVDs and Pro. Wrestling that the WCW Starcade World Title match against Vader isn't included.

The Flair/Vader series was simply outstanding, and their Starcade bout is one of my personal favorite matches of all time, when you take into account what was on the line and the match quality itself.

It's one of the most emotional matches ever.

With that said, I know that they can't please everyone when it comes to something like this, but whatever. I just wanted to share that.

First off, this is great and I'll buy it the day that it's released. Still...

...it is a sin against DVDs and Pro. Wrestling that the WCW Starcade World Title match against Vader isn't included.

The Flair/Vader series was simply outstanding, and their Starcade bout is one of my personal favorite matches of all time, when you take into account what was on the line and the match quality itself.

It's one of the most emotional matches ever.

With that said, I know that they can't please everyone when it comes to something like this, but whatever. I just wanted to share that.

Have to disagree with you there. I think that this was a good, not great match. I haven't seen it in a long time, and didn't watch it when it first came out, as I only watched WCW later on, so that might be why I don't like it that much. I am not that emotionally attached to the storyline either. But really, I don't think it deserves all the praise that it gets.

That was a great match, but Flair spent the majority of it getting his ass kicked. He won with a frickin rollup. And of course he lost to Savage in the Savage match and the WWF hates Savage now so they opted just for the Royal Rumble.

Flair and Vader eh? Who was the face?

Ric Flair was playing the MEGA baby face, while Vader was the role of the absolute beast monster, which can not be destroyed.

Something like Kane, just with more talent and more effective.

Vader was the World Champ, and was booked to destroy everyone he got in the ring with. They booked him as an unstopable force, blah blah blah. Then you have Ric Flair, the legend, and this was his last chance at trying to get the title back. If he lost this match, his career would be over forever, and that would be it for the Nature Boy. Yes, it was the career of the hometown boy Ric Flair on the line along with the World Title that Vader was holding on the line as well.

The event took place in Charlotte, NC so they were right in the heart of Flair Country. They followed Flair from his home all the way to the arena with a camera with Mean Gene by his side, talking to him about the night, and talking to him about his career and everything. They showed Flair's family, showed them crying (even a young Reid and David), and they just made the match seem so damn important.

In the match, they made it look like Ric Flair had truly met his match, they made it look like he could never overcome all of these odds, what with Vader being the monster that he is, and Harley Race, the VERY man that Ric Flair defeated just ten years earlier at the very same event for the same title that he was trying to reclaim once again, being in Vader's corner.

The match was a hell of a beating, and Flair took it. They made Vader look, once again, like the monster that everyone had seen before. When Vader hit Flair, it looked like he was REALLY trying to hurt him. It was just so intense and the emotion in the air being in Flair's home town, it was just so powerful. I could feel it, and I don't see how any other Pro. Wrestling fan couldn't help but to feel it also.

Just when it looked as if Ric Flair had finally been taken out of the game, the bloodied Ric Flair came out of nowhere with a roll-up and defeated the monster, prooving to everyone that he was still the man in town, that he was a living legend, and that he was the NEW World Heavyweight Champion of the world.

Then after the match they all celebrated in the back, with his family and even Ricky Steamboat coming by to say congrats.

That is how you make a Pro. Wrestling match mean something, that is how you build a story, and that is what I miss in this sport that I love so fucking much.

It was the first Pro. Wrestling match that I truly felt an emotional bond with, and I'll never forget how I felt at that time. It was one of those rare, truly special moments in any event or sport. I've only felt as I did while I watched that match just a handfull fo times.

So yeah, to me at least, it's one of the best matches overall of all time, one of the most important Pro. Wrestling matches of all time, and some of the best damn storytelling both in and out of the ring, yes, of all time.

Edited by Downhome

Guest Choken One

The savage/Flair match is availble already and has been aired COUNTLESS times on WWE tv so I guess along with Flair Jobbing and Savage winning they didn't need it...

Shocked SHOCKED they didn't have Flair's lone win over Hogan on here...

The Vader match omission is fine by me...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Ric Flair was playing the MEGA baby face, while Vader was the role of the absolute beast monster, which can not be destroyed.

Vader was the World Champ, and was booked to destroy everyone he got in the ring with. They booked him as an unstopable force, blah blah blah. Then you have Ric Flair, the legend, and this was his last chance at trying to get the title back. If he lost this match, his career would be over forever, and that would be it for the Nature Boy. Yes, it was the career of the hometown boy Ric Flair on the line along with the World Title that Vader was holding on the line as well.

The event took place in Charlotte, NC so they were right in the heart of Flair Country. They followed Flair from his home all the way to the arena with a camera with Mean Gene by his side, talking to him about the night, and talking to him about his career and everything. They showed Flair's family, showed them crying (even a young Reid and David), and they just made the match seem so damn important.

In the match, they made it look like Ric Flair had truly met his match, they made it look like he could never overcome all of these odds, what with Vader being the monster that he is, and Harley Race, the VERY man that Ric Flair defeated just ten years earlier at the very same event for the same title that he was trying to reclaim once again, being in Vader's corner.

The match was a hell of a beating, and Flair took it. They made Vader look, once again, like the monster that everyone had seen before. When Vader hit Flair, it looked like he was REALLY trying to hurt him. It was just so intense and the emotion in the air being in Flair's home town, it was just so powerful. I could feel it, and I don't see how any other Pro. Wrestling fan couldn't help but to feel it also.

Just when it looked as if Ric Flair had finally been taken out of the game, the bloodied Ric Flair came out of nowhere with a roll-up and defeated the monster, prooving to everyone that he was still the man in town, that he was a living legend, and that he was the NEW World Heavyweight Champion of the world.

Then after the match they all celebrated in the back, with his family and even Ricky Steamboat coming by to say congrats.

That is how you make a Pro. Wrestling match mean something, that is how you build a story, and that is what I miss in this sport that I love so fucking much.

It was the first Pro. Wrestling match that I truly felt an emotional bond with, and I'll never forget how I felt at that time. It was one of those rare, truly special moments in any event or sport. I've only felt as I did while I watched that match just a handfull fo times.

So yeah, to me at least, it's one of the best matches overall of all time, one of the most important Pro. Wrestling matches of all time, and some of the best damn storytelling both in and out of the ring, yes, of all time.

That match is good but it isn't as good as it NWA stuff, sorry.

That match is good but it isn't as good as it NWA stuff, sorry.

In terms of pure match quality, you are exactly right. Still, to me this match is vital to his career. It's just as every bit important as his other great matches.

Whatever though, it'd be impossible to fit everything that is great about Flair's career in a single 3-disc DVD set, it simply can not be done. It's a shame we have to limit it to just a handfull of matches.

Hell, they could have a 3-disc set of just the mans promos and interviews alone!

Guest rawmvp

The 3 disc DVD set is supposed to be over 10.5 hours long. Do the announced matches add up to 10.5 hrs?

Guest Choken One

well we have like 3 Nearly Hour long Matches...and about 11 other solid length matches...

The promos should be three hours alone...The hidden Eggs will be the tell tale signs...

Call me crazy but I'm betting one will be the Horseman Reunion in Greensboro...another will Be Flair's return to WWE...Flair's first apperence in 1991...Flair in the nut bin...and maybe special promos...

I still wish they had the Arn Anderson match, you'd think he'd push for his buddy arn to get a match...

Guest NitroJMS
The savage/Flair match is availble already and has been aired COUNTLESS times on WWE tv so I guess along with Flair Jobbing and Savage winning they didn't need it...

Shocked SHOCKED they didn't have Flair's lone win over Hogan on here...

The Vader match omission is fine by me...

Savage/Flair from WM8 is available on DVD? I've never seen it on any WWE release except short clips on the Best of Wrestlemania collections.

Guest Choken One

Yes, On the Best of Mania DVD with WM2000 it's about 13 minutes of the 18 minutes and WWE has shown the match countless times...like Bulldog/Bret...it's likely they second most re-aired match ever.