TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Stuff from Observer

Unforgiven is estimated at 260,000 buys. That number comes as a disappointment as it was the first major match up between Triple H and Bill Goldberg.

WWE officials are urging the talent to go back to the old school way of choreography in the ring. Wrestlers are being encouraged to call their moves during the match as oppose to going into the match with a scripted plan. Some of the older guys are trying to separate the heels and faces backstage with program producers only supplying the performers with a fixed time for the matches.

The Goldberg-Triple H rematch is still scheduled for the main-event at Survivor Series. Triple H will be working some house shows around Survivor Series including the show in Detroit on11/21. That’s scheduled as Goldberg verses Triple H and Ric Flair and whoever gets the pin gains the title. Hunter is then scheduled to take time off until January to film his new movie. Following that a program is to be set up between Hunter and Randy Orton with it coming down to WrestleMania.

-wrestling observer

Yes. Let's brainwash our workers into a rigid format of working...then tell them to call all 4 moves they're allowed to on the fly.

The Goldberg/HHH/Orton stiff makes me sick...especially after seeing the buyrate of the Unforgiven show.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

HHH vs. Orton without any title involved could actually interest me providing it has the right story. Given that HHH is high on Orton, I could see this being half decent.

Guest Choken One

HHH was a good worker but Orton isn't work with able like many others HHH got lucky with in his peak...

Bit I suppose the most interesting point of note is that if HHH is to disappear after Survivor Series until the Royal Rumble, are we to assume he loses again to Goldberg?

I think thats a feasible scenario - given the amount of trouble in teh storyline Flair is having on RAW holding up Evolutions ship, I can see Flair blaming HHH for taking time off and then siding with Orton as well.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Unforgiven is estimated at 260,000 buys. That number comes as a disappointment as it was the first major match up between Triple H and Bill Goldberg.

And this is yet another example of why small week-to-week ratings bumps mean absolutely nothing in the long run.

Oh, and bps, was there anything else that was interesting in this week's Observer? They said that they were going to say what segment was a major ratings success from last week's Smackdown, and what 'appeared to have been a major mistake' on Smackdown as well. I'm curious about that.

WWE officials are urging the talent to go back to the old school way of choreography in the ring. Wrestlers are being encouraged to call their moves during the match as oppose to going into the match with a scripted plan. Some of the older guys are trying to separate the heels and faces backstage with program producers only supplying the performers with a fixed time for the matches.

Funny. I get the feeling this won't apply for Shane McMahon matches....he'll be able to do his huge spots to pop the crowd and make all the wrestlers look bad, but they won't have enough time to plan something of their own to top him. It had to have pissed Vince off a little that RVD/Christian/Jericho did that stacked electric-chair-drop/powerbomb in that match, trying to overshadow Shane's PLUMMET-OF-DOOM-WELL-NOT-REALLY!

Does this mean we now get to hear the women loudly call out their spots before they blow them?

Gail Kim:"Hurricanrana!"

*Gail Kim hits a hurricanrana on Lita with Gail nearly breaking her own neck and Lita flies over awkwardly onto her ribs*

Does this mean we now get to hear the women loudly call out their spots before they blow them?

Gail Kim:"Hurricanrana!"

*Gail Kim hits a hurricanrana on Lita with Gail nearly breaking her own neck and Lita flies over awkwardly onto her ribs*

Trish: Bulldog!

Jackie Gayda: What the fuck is that? *flops to the mat*

Guest Mulatto Heat
So what was the Unforgiven buyrate?

Last I heard a 1.0 equalled 520,000 buys, so Unforgiven is at exactly 0.5 (YAAAAAYYY!!!) - for now.

Wade Keller says one of the moves banned is the overhead release suplex, which is mostly done by Angle.

Well, thank God they didn't ban the Van-Terminator. I mean, while some unpracticed individual using it DID break the other person's foot and all....wait, what's that you say ? The Boss' son ? Oh....nevermind.

Guest Choken One

dont fret "D" has had like 3 Survivor Series...you'll get the next one Im sure...

The Goldberg-Triple H rematch is still scheduled for the main-event at Survivor Series.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!

*begs for the card subject to change to apply on this one...

Guest TheGame2705
So what was the Unforgiven buyrate?

Last I heard a 1.0 equalled 520,000 buys, so Unforgiven is at exactly 0.5 (YAAAAAYYY!!!) - for now.

Damn, still did better than Vengeance

Half the roster is about as green as RVD's pot. No way they can create the match as it goes along by calling spots during the match. Only the best workers really do that well without blowing spots (Bret, Austin, Benoit, Eddy, etc.).