TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

New Ryan Adams CD

SWEET RELEASE FOR RYAN

RYAN ADAMS will release his aborted album 'LOVE IS HELL' as two EPs, with the first instalment emerging in the US on November 4 - the same day as his new album 'ROCK 'N' ROLL'.

'Love Is Hell Vol. 1' will be followed by the second volume on December 9 and each EP will contain between six and eight songs, according to Rolling Stone. UK release dates have yet to be confirmed.

The release of the two EPs will finally settle a long-running dispute between Adams and his record company Lost Highway.

As previously reported on NME.COM in May, Adams wrote on his website: "Love Is Hell' is finished. We don't know what to do with it... or should I say 'they' don't know what to do with it. I've heard adjectives like 'incredibly too depressing' and - this one's funny - 'dark.' Also not your best stuff.''

As well as Adams's '80's rock album' - 'Rock 'N' Roll' - the singer is to put out a box-set, featuring two previously unreleased albums with his side project The Pinkhearts - '48 Hours' and 'The Suicide Handbook' - as well as sessions Adams recorded with producers Scott Litt and Michael Blair. The set is due to be released before the end of the year.

Adams' personal homepage, ryan-adams.com, has been under reconstruction for quite some time, so all info has been coming from ryanadamsmusic.com. Personally, I CANNOT wait for the new Ryan Adams releases to come out. Elton John has said that Adams is one of only three exceptional songwriters alive today....

If you're so inclined, you can go to losthighwayrecords.com and listen to the first single off of his new album, Rock N Roll, entitled "So Alive".

Something to endear Mr. Adams to all of you...He hates Jack White, too.

Discuss. Anyone else out there anxious for these albums to be released?

I hope he can get back to the form of 'Heartbreaker' (or 'Pneumonia', which was a solo effort more than a proper Whiskeytown album) on this new stuff as the last couple of records weren't quite as good by his standards. I'd prefer a mostly acoustic album in a Heartbreaker style myself as the full band numbers lack the power of the old Whiskeytown songs which had that ramshackle Replacements style energy and with a country bent. I hope he hasn't sacrificed quality for quantity with all these new records because at his best he's one of the best songwriters of his generation.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I'm getting an advanced copy of "Rock N Roll" after work today!

I'll post a review of the CD later tonight, I don't care if you want it or not.

Rip it and send me the mp3z.