TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hosserific

The Official John Cena Album Thread

Guest hosserific

John Cena plans to ring in the New Year with a new album.

The West Newbury, Mass., native has been working feverishly -- essentially giving up all his days off -- for the last several months on the project, and now it’s on the verge of completion.

“I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t be ready to go by January,” Cena told WWE.com. He said the album should be available at record stores everywhere, and wherever WWE products are sold

Cena said the idea to produce an album came to him last spring while he was working on his current theme song, “Basic Thugomonics.” The album, which is of the same name, was originally supposed to feature eight to 10 tracks, but will now be released with several more than that.

“It’s a little bit of what you would see on TV, but it’s a very hip-hop-related album,” Cena said. “It’s probably not something (fans) are going to expect.”

He added, “I want to get the message out that I really do keep in touch with the hip-hop culture.”

Cena also said that sports-entertainment remains his No. 1 priority; therefore, there are no plans for a concert tour. “As far as live performances, that’ll be few and far between,” he said.

Cena said the album brings hip hop back to its roots, which include four fundamentals: break dancing, graffiti, MCs and DJs.

The MCs on the album are Cena and his cousin, Trademarc, who Cena credits for helping him get into freestyle rapping. “He’s got a hell of a flow,” Cena says of his cousin. There’s a guest verse by Matt Hardy on one track.

Cena picked four DJs with four distinct styles. “The album is really well-rounded,” he said. “The spectrum of beats is huge.” But he added that, like old-school hip hop, every song on the album ties together; it’s not just a random collection of singles.

Cena had no record deal or distributor in place when he started the album; he’s paid for studio time and everything else out of his own pocket because the project is a labor of love for him.

One of Cena’s goals has been to shine the spotlight on outstanding “underground” hip-hop artists who currently get no recognition, which is exactly what this album does.

“I’m extremely excited about it,” he said. “A lot of people will base success of music on record sales and millions made. I already consider this project a success because everyone involved, musically, is a nobody.

“If (fans) like it and feel it, they’re feelin’ our stuff.

~WWE.com

Guest BionicRedneck
Somehow I can see a John Cena album being a HELL of a lot more entertaining that a Savage album.

I wish his matches were half as entertaining as Savage's. Plus, I bet Savage's album is hilariously bad, which would bring some entertainment.

Somehow I can see a John Cena album being a HELL of a lot more entertaining that a Savage album.

I wish his matches were half as entertaining as Savage's. Plus, I bet Savage's album is hilariously bad, which would bring some entertainment.

"New Dead Man Inc, and I'm about to make you famous,

Takin over Earth and still kicking in your anus..."

:lol:

I'll buy it....

Guest Frank The Tank

This is definately going to be better than the Macho Man album musically, but nothing can top Perfect Friend, which is unintentionally one of the funniest songs ever. Basically just for the opening seconds when Macho dedicates it to Curt Henning A.K.A. Mr. Perfect. My favorite moment on the cd is when he calls himself the O.G. of the wrestling world :lol:

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

What they haven't said there is that the Album will also include a special DVD of his best SmackDown! raps.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Exactly.

Savage is actually crazy, so we can laugh at that.

But Cena is of clear thinking...and it will be more embarrasing than anything.

Guest TheGame2705

The way he raps so slow and the way he stalls at times means he's going to get a good 10 tracks on this album instead of the regular 18.

Guest Choken One

I caught his Freestyle on Hot 97...he was nervous and horrible, which truly shows hes not as Free as he appears...

but again, I dunno if this will be a comedy piece or a legit rap album

Guest Coffey

This is such a fucking joke. Cena would be a laughing stock. He can't actually think that he's good....

Edited by Mr. Jag0

The way he raps so slow and the way he stalls at times means he's going to get a good 10 tracks on this album instead of the regular 18.

I don't think he's gonna rap like he does at WWE events. I think he rhymes that way in order to make sure that the crowd can easily follow him--his promos come across much better than they would if he came out straight flowing. Remember, when he was rhyming on the Halloween special last year, his flow was pretty tight.

Only thing I'm really worried about with him is his rhyme content? What's he gonna rhyme about to make true hip hop fans accept this as a legit album?

Guest Choken One
This is suck a fucking joke. Cena would be a laughing stock. He can't actually think that he's good....

he himself has constantly said

"Im a young lion and I love this environment and I'm not saying I'm the best, this is just something I had the opportuinity to do that I always wanted to do"

He isn't calling himself the next Eminem.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Cena will be the next Vanilla Ice.

At least on the CD he can use some foul language.

Guest Choken One
Cena will be the next Vanilla Ice.

At least on the CD he can use some foul language.

why because he's white?

He doesn't take himself seriously like ice did.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I was just kidding since Choken One said he didn't say he was going to be the next Eminem, so I was kidding by saying he'll be the next Vanilla Ice.

Guest Coffey

He'll be more like Snow than Vanilla Ice. At least Vanilla Ice was recognized for awhile. Snow was pretty much always laughed at.

I don't think he will be laughed at too much. Only because the only people who hear it will be the few wrestling fans that are left. It's not like he is gonna get any extended airplay or anything.

His flow and voice on his entrance music(when you listen to the full version) lets you know it won't sound BAD. The question is how will the production and lyrics be...and MATT MUTHA FUCKING HARDY.

John Cena on the radio on 105.7 FM in Baltimore hyping the PPV. Here are some of the highlights.

- Cena was asked what he thought about the Macho Man's new CD and he said it sucked and that it sounded like a wrestler trying to rap and that if you look at the cover of the CD you would see that Macho didn't even write his own lyrics.

- Being that he was in Baltimore, he was playing the face role because he is facing Angle, who is from Pittsburgh, at the PPV, and if you live in Baltimore you hate Pittsburgh and you hate the Steelers.

- A caller asked him about the writing issues and he really gave the best explanation that I have heard. He said that unlike other TV shows, they have no off-season, no reruns and no time to take some time off, regroup and come up with fresh ideas. He continued by saying that very often the show is written on the fly and sometimes they come up with stuff the fans like and sometimes they don’t. But, he said that it is impossible to knock the ball out of the park on every show because of the amount of shows that they put on every year.

Credit: Prowrestling.com