TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Stu Hart dies

Wow, that's pretty eerie. I was reading a bit of Martha Hart's book on Tuesday, and one paragraph stuck with me the most:

At Helen Hart's funeral, Stu made a speech. He then said something along the lines of (paraphrased)-- "Don't be upset that I'm lonely, I haven't got much time left."

That's not exactly what he said, but it pretty much tells you how he was feeling.

RIP Stu.

when/how did helen die?

Stu impacted us more than any other guy... he's the father of most North Americans with workrate, either the actual paternal father or he trained them.

He will be missed dearly.

Jason

RIP Stu

How many dungeon wrestlers are in the WWE? I know the Crippler but is that it? Cause I'd think the perfect send off and tribute would be a battle of two wrestlers he helped train.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

RIP, Stu. Thanks for the contributions to the wrestling world. You'll be missed by anyone who has ever watched.

How many dungeon wrestlers are in the WWE?

Jericho, Storm, and The Crippler

Then the WWE should do a Jericho-Storm match on RAW and give them 10-15 minutes. It would showcase Storm, it would get them in the good graces of Hitman (you know, showing the ultimate respect for Stu), and it was give us a very good match.

Stu Hart deserves a tribute video and a tribute match.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Damn. I knew this would happen after reading the news of Stu's condition this morning.

RIP Stu Hart.

We lost Fred Blassie & now Stu Hart. What legend is next...

Statement from Vince McMahon, Chairman,

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

It was with great sorrow that we learned today of the death of Stu Hart. Stu was a pioneer in professional wrestling. More importantly, he was a great man. His influence within our industry, his community and his country was immense. He will be missed, but his legend will live on. All of us at WWE™ send our condolences to Stu’s family. Our thoughts and our prayers are with them during this difficult time.

RIP Big Stu. Something this big is enough to make me post my views somewhere out of the gaming fed. I'm EVEN going to resist making a cheap Bret Hart joke, cos that would be inappropriate.

Hopefully they still do a tribute match for him. Heck, WCW did an Owen Hart tribute match and Owen never worked for them.

I think they will and hopefully, if they do, they allow it to be a clean match with no interference or comedy.

It's hard to believe I never really thought much about how much Stu did for wrestling until his passing. Guess that's always the way. He gave us some of the best and I doubt there will ever be another to produce such talented wrestlers as Stu Hart.

Not to nitpick but Owen worked for WCW in 1991.

I also didn't realise how much Stu has influenced wrestling until I actually thought about it.

Does anyone know when he stopped training guys?

Oh sorry, this I did not remember. My bad.

Well, at the TIME he was not in the company so it was still a very good show by them. I think Vince will do the same.

Hopefully they still do a tribute match for him. Heck, WCW did an Owen Hart tribute match and Owen never worked for them.

Wasn't it Bret that came to them and ask them about doing a Owen tribute match with Benoit?

Edited by EdwardKnoxII

Guest PowerPB13
Statement from Vince McMahon, Chairman,

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

It was with great sorrow that we learned today of the death of Stu Hart. Stu was a pioneer in professional wrestling. More importantly, he was a great man. His influence within our industry, his community and his country was immense. He will be missed, but his legend will live on. All of us at WWE™ send our condolences to Stu’s family. Our thoughts and our prayers are with them during this difficult time.

A paragraph more than I expected out of him.

And you're dreaming if you think WWE would do that...not just put on a tribute match, but put on a lengthy match, period.

-Patrick

Wow, that hit me harder than I'd expected. I never saw much from Stu other than his appearances with Helen for Bret's big matches, but still, it's sad to hear that he's gone.

RIP Stu.

Guest FrigidSoul

Stu looked like absolute shit the last public appearance I saw...he was walking bent over (he got that hump that some old people get) and he always looked absolutely miserable...its all for the best.

Vince won't do shit for him, if anything he'll do something about the Montreal incident just to piss off Bret further...like an interview of a wrestler saying "I remember meeting Stu just before Survivor Series 1997, that was the night that Bret lost(they'll use the word lost) the title to Shawn, blah, blah, blah"

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Its weird that everyone that's related to Bret Hart is dying. I feel bad for him, considering what has happened to him as well. Why does this have to happen to Bret Hart? In less than 5 years, his brother, brother-in-law, father, mother, and probably others have all passed away.

R.I.P. Stu Hart, Helen Hart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, and those whom I've forgotten :(

RIP

Man, its best for him to have passed.  He was in pain...and was lonely. 

I'm not usually mushy about shit like this, but its nice to know he is up in heaven with Owen and Helen.

I am sure they will show something on Smackdown, then have a full video package on Raw.

RIP Stu.

Followed by a feature story on next week's Confidential.

You know, I'm really kind of getting sick of how they do that for some reason.

"Hi I'm Gene Okerlund. Sadly, we've lost (wrestler X). And now a video package.

{generic BS from WWE officials}

3 minutes later, cue the Confidential music. Up Next: Booker T. visits an army base!

Fuck them.

You know, I'm really kind of getting sick of how they do that for some reason.

"Hi I'm Gene Okerlund. Sadly, we've lost (wrestler X). And now a video package.

{generic BS from WWE officials}

3 minutes later, cue the Confidential music. Up Next: Booker T. visits an army base!

Fuck them.

What do you prefer they do instead? Just asking.

They usually do it pretty classy. Curt Hennig's video package was wonderful.