TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Stu Hart dies

Guest hunger4unger

Whilst it's come as no shock, A sad day indeed. Stu will get a decent mention on TVand I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10 bell salute.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
You know, I'm really kind of getting sick of how they do that for some reason.

"Hi I'm Gene Okerlund. Sadly, we've lost (wrestler X). And now a video package.

{generic BS from WWE officials}

3 minutes later, cue the Confidential music. Up Next: Booker T. visits an army base!

Fuck them.

And what should they do? Dedicate an entire show each time a wrestler died? Stu's different, but c'mon, there's not much else the company can do for a lot of the deceased wrestlers.

Guest wrestlingbs

Stu was probably one of the biggest names in wrestling in North America. His lineage speaks for itself.

RIP Stu.

*sigh* I've posted my thoughts a few other places and honestly, am not going to grace this board with them.

It always seemed he was immortal...he shall be missed.

RIP Stu :(

To quote Bob Hope "Thanks for the memories." I never saw him wrestle, but by God this man may well have been the best trainer North America ever saw. RIP, Stu, and I hope you're happy whereever you are with your wife and Owen. Let's hope Bret has a few years yet before he joins his family.

Vince bought out Stampede around 1986, I doubt if video footage was included. They re-opened in 1988, and it just closed down. So if they still own the name of Stampede wrestling, I'd bet they still are in charge of the video library.

A library I would buy every video from I may add.

I thought Stampede was still running today. Dosen't Harry Smith and other Hart family members wrestle there?

Yup its still running mostly in Alberta. they occasionally swing thorugh Saskatchewan but not nearly as much as they used to.

Guest Choken One

Well Bret likely owns the footage and I'm sure if Vince asked, He'd give it to him.

Well Bret likely owns the footage and I'm sure if Vince asked, He'd give it to him.

Yea right. Bret wouldn't let Vince fuck up his family's work. Although they've patched things up, Bret isn't a moron.

Considering that Vince denied Bret's request for his promotional pictures and video when Bret was in WCW (though promised that he would let bret have them), it might be unlikely that Bret would give it to Vince... however, as of last year Vince "opened the door" to Bret in that regard... Who knows.

In the early 1980s, Vincent K. McMahon, who had just recently bought the World Wrestling Federation from his father, began watching Stampede Wrestling. In 1984, only three years after disconnecting their ties with NWA, Stampede Wrestling received a sales pitch from WWF, who was in the process of buying out and running over many territories, sucking up the stars and leaving only ruins of what was once a booming wrestling business. Although Stu Hart loved his promotion, the sixty-nine-year-old promoter made the decision to sell his promotion to Vince McMahon and the WWF.

In 1985, the WWF was making use of those who were once Stampede Wrestling’s biggest stars, but were not making use of the actual Stampede Wrestling promotion. That year, Vince McMahon called Bruce Hart and told him that he was “unable to fulfill the agreement”, and gave Bruce permission to reform Stampede Wrestling.

McMahon was a sly businessman, though, and allowed Stampede Wrestling to reform safe in the knowledge that he was in possession of all of Stampede’s former main eventers, such as Bret and Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith, and Dynamite Kid.

When Bruce Hart recreated Stampede Wrestling, he did so without any major stars, and the roster primarily consisted of trainees from The Dungeon, who were looking for a start in the business, hardly anyone who could draw a crowd. During the next ten years, Stampede Wrestling struggled to overcome the WWF’s monopoly on the wrestling business. In fact, there were no title changes in Stampede Wrestling between 1989 and 1998.

In 1998, Bruce Hart took on the assistance of his brother, Ross, as owner and booker of Stampede Wrestling, and many new talents began popping up in the Stampede Wrestling territory. Competitors such as Harry “Bulldog” Smith (son of Davey Boy Smith), “The Stampede Kid” TJ Wilson, Dave “The Rave” Swift, Nattie Neidhart (daughter of Jim Neidhart), and Teddy Hart (nephew of Bret and Owen) have rejuvenated Stampede Wrestling and returned it to its former glory, the glory that it so richly deserves

-http://www.kayfabememories.com/Regions/stampede/stampede9.htm

Man, would anyone else just buy everything Stampede had to offer if it was on dvd?

Guest Choken One

Yea right. Bret wouldn't let Vince fuck up his family's work. Although they've patched things up, Bret isn't a moron.

Bret wants the damn dvd so bad, he'd sell the footage if thats what it takes...