TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Funny, the playoffs in Football have been horrible since 98...

Oh, really?

'98

-Arizona gets first playoff win in years by beating the same Dallas team that owned them in the regular season

-Vikings and Falcons fight closeknit NFC title game where everyone expected the Vikings to run over Atlanta. Atlanta wins with FG in OT (in one of my worst sports memories ever)

'99

-Titans last-second kickoff TD against the Bills

-The Longest Yard SuperBowl

'00

-New Orleans holds off amazing comeback attempt by the Rams to win first playoff game ever

'01

-The classic snow game to close out Foxboro stadium

-The Patriots becoming the feel good story of the year by beating the seemingly invincible Rams, and doing it at the Superdome (0-2 before) no less

'02

-Amazing comeback wins by Pittsburgh and San Fransisco to win their first round games

-Atlanta becoming the first team to ever beat the Packers at Lambeau (a personal high for me)

So if you think the playoffs have sucked since '98, you either have exceptionally high standards, or you're just never satisfied

Guest Choken One

Having one good game or maybe two when this year Pretty much every game except the Twins series were incredible and dramatic...Big difference.

Having one good game or maybe two when this year Pretty much every game except the Twins series were incredible and dramatic...Big difference.

Well, first, you can't compare total game counts as the NFL plays far fewer games in their postseason

And while I will admit this years' baseball playoffs have been the most exciting I've ever seen overall (unmentionable NY team's success aside), this is more an exception than the rule

We've already discussed how blah the last several baseball postseasons have been, so one year of good baseball playoffs out of the last seven compared with every NFL season having something good in the playoffs during same time period is just not comparable

Guest Anglesault
-The Patriots becoming the feel good story of the year by beating the seemingly invincible Rams, and doing it at the Superdome (0-2 before) no less

I detest "feel good stories of the year"

They never seem to make me feel anything but indifferent.

I detest "feel good stories of the year"

They never seem to make me feel anything but indifferent.

A lot of the times, I really hate them too, usually because they're happening to teams I don't like

This one though really got me... mostly just because I hated those Rams

Guest Anglesault
The Yankees really need to find an answer for Juan Pierre.

I vote using a tire iron on him.

If the Marlins win tonight, the Marlins will definitely win it in 5.

Foolish mortal.

Never, EVER seal the coffin on the New York Yankees.

I figured this last series would have shown you that.

'99

Why does this game get so much love nowadays? It was a HORRIBLE game with an exciting finish. Everyone turned it off in the second quarter, then came back when they found out the Titans were coming back late.

I might not like the Yankees but please, Bringing up the God damn Diamondbacks and acting like New York were swept is stupid and only adds to the fact New York Is the greatest sports franchise in history...period.

What in the SHIT are you talking about?

I never ONCE inferred that the Yankees were practically swept, I just was pointing out the fact that they choked that year.

I did it basically just to get a sarcastic "fuck you" in return, but I forgot there is no sense of humor when the subject is the Yankees.

Guest Choken One

How was that choking?

The Cubs choked...the sox Choked...

The Yankees went back n forth...

There is a difference in choking and losing...

The game got a 26.7 rating and 40 share in New York, and a 36.6/54 in Miami.

ESPN.com

They MAY be bandwagon fans,but they bandwagon hard. Yeah, the ratings sucked, but on the bright side they were higher than last years.

The game got a 26.7 rating and 40 share in New York, and a 36.6/54 in Miami.

ESPN.com

They MAY be bandwagon fans,but they bandwagon hard. Yeah, the ratings sucked, but on the bright side they were higher than last years.

Last year's were the worst ever, though. That's not saying anything.

Guest Choken One

What were the Subway series because this is pretty much the sequel...New York and another team that no one cares about...

'99

Why does this game get so much love nowadays? It was a HORRIBLE game with an exciting finish. Everyone turned it off in the second quarter, then came back when they found out the Titans were coming back late.

One defining moment at the end of a game can wipe out the memory of the entire game

The same could be said for the Titans-Bills last second TD game that year also

Of course, this year's ridiculous postseason is probably the best postseason since '91, so it's not like you're picking out a normal sampling of baseball postseason goodness or anything.

Heh, Redman gone before three. He didn't have anything tonight and it looked for a while that Pettite was in the same boat, but he's turning it on now. Soriano continues to bring things down, taking them out of another run with bad baserunning.

Wow, no one really is watching the series, are they?

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed in this game up to this point. The bats at the bottom of the order did terrible. I'm hopeful in a way because 1-6 hit Pettite pretty well...just to the wrong spots.

If they can get out of this...maybe something can get started.

Juan Pierre is awesome. You could count me in as one of the people who groaned when they traded him for Preston Wilson, but it certainly turned out ok for the Marlins.

Juan Pierre is awesome. You could count me in as one of the people who groaned when they traded him for Preston Wilson, but it certainly turned out ok for the Marlins.

How often does a three team trade work for every team? Florida got a leadoff hitter, Colorado got an RBI machine, and the Braves got a rejuvenated Mike Hampton.