TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

Bob Backlund

What was the deal with the I Quit match at Wrestlemania XI? This would be the second time that Backlund has been screwed while being put in a submission. He never said I Quit, it was more like "BLALLRGHGHGGH".

So, in conclusion, I place the blame of the '97 Montreal screwjob on Bob Backlund......

;)

I guess it was a cop out ending without making Backlund look weak by saying "I Quit". The kayfabe explanation would be that senile old Piper mis-heard Backlaunds "Blaragha"

Guest BobBacklundRules

He lost that campiagn because he didn't sell out to any special interest groups, he didn't take money from large companies in exchange for hollow promises. Instead he went on the road by himself and a very small group of staff.

Try to say that about Arnold.

I find it funny that in the NWA/WCW's two most notable "I Quit" matches (Magnum-Blanchard and Flair-Funk), the loser actually said "I Quit"... gasp

In the WWF's two notable IQ matches, they had some stupid ending to copout later (Backlunds "Blarearrrgh" and Foley's pre-taped "I Quit")

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I find it funny that in the NWA/WCW's two most notable "I Quit" matches (Magnum-Blanchard and Flair-Funk), the loser actually said "I Quit"... gasp

In the WWF's two notable IQ matches, they had some stupid ending to copout later (Backlunds "Blarearrrgh" and Foley's pre-taped "I Quit")

You forgot Rock/HHH I quit night after RR 99.

HHH clearly said I quit...and chyna hit him in the balls afterwards.

You forgot Rock/HHH I quit night after RR 99.

HHH clearly said I quit...and chyna hit him in the balls afterwards.

That's hardly a notable match though.

Plus, I sure as hell don't remember it

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I can't wait to see the cop-out ending for Steph/Vince.

Vince: (talking in Stephs voice) I QUIT DADDY!