TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

Smartmarks Fake Baseball League

9-13 with a 4.18 ERA and 118 ks.  5 Complete games too. I hope for a better 2008 season from Marvin Jenkins..

I was about to say that isn't all that bad, but MJ only lasted 22 of 33 games, I'll agree with you.

And he's still better than me though.

Edit: Hm... Found out Eddy J was injured on 9/17/2007 with a Broken Wrist, out for full season.

How many games he miss? Cause if he missed quite a bit of games, he might've broken the SB record. And maybe have better stats as well. Perhaps 100RBIs? Guess he's pretty decent then.

Guest Evolution

Eddy J missed about 12-13 games because of that broken wrist. So yes, it is feasible that he could've at least broken the TSM record for stolen bases.

And you know what, that's a hell of an idea. I should create a TSM record book.

*puts that on the To Do List*

Postseason is on the way tonight, by the way.

EDIT - The all-time record for stolen bases in a season by all players, TSM and otherwise is Freeman Hostetter with 74 in 2006. He also holds the North-South record for that stat with 71 stolen bases in a single season (that was in 2004).

Eddy J missed about 12-13 games because of that broken wrist. So yes, it is feasible that he could've at least broken the TSM record for stolen bases.

And you know what, that's a hell of an idea. I should create a TSM record book.

*puts that on the To Do List*

Postseason is on the way tonight, by the way.

EDIT - The all-time record for stolen bases in a season by all players, TSM and otherwise is Freeman Hostetter with 74 in 2006. He also holds the North-South record for that stat with 71 stolen bases in a single season (that was in 2004).

74? :huh:

DAMN~! That's a lot of SBs.

Oh, and I just checked out my OPB. That's pretty good, having a .392 right? I'm not very good with stats like that.

Guest Evolution

.392 is a fine OPB, but by no means a great one. Certainly good for the role in your team that you have.

Oh, .352? Not bad for a rookie season, I guess. Depends on how much you gave your guy in regards to average and walks. Next year you should hope for the .365 range, at least.

Just for reference, Shea Hillenbrand is a leper to sabermetrics people for his .330 OBP.

Whoops~! Was looking at my final month of play in the season and accidently used that one. Sorry about the wrong OBP.

I was wondering about the .352 being any good or not. ...heck, I'm not even sure if a .292 average is that good.

That's how little I know about baseball stats.

.292 is fairly solid and I figure I'll soon be the next coming of either Roberto Alomar or Alfonso Soriano(Better hitter then him though) in terms of 2B:) Managed to improve in BA, OBP(Up to a .342 ;) ), OPS(Up to .829)

"Drove in 7 runs against Indianapolis on 9/4/2007..." serves you bastards right for trading me though I'm thankfully on a much better team, heh

Edited by HarleyQuinn

We have the first free agent class coming up next year.

Myself, Shiro Suzuki, and John Duran are all entering our sixth season. I want to see what kind of checks start rolling in, in 2009.

I can already guarantee that I will get stuck on a terrible team, after finally seeing some success with Atlanta.

What is the deal with FA? Do they just assign us to a team, do we just re-up with our current team, or do we actually pick from offers?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

.426 OBP! I'm very proud of myself.

ps - hit me at leadoff you dumb bastards!

pps - *sprays champagne at Rolf*

ppps - what's the record for walks?

Myself, Shiro Suzuki, and John Duran are all entering our sixth season. I want to see what kind of checks start rolling in, in 2009.

I doubt much will be rolling in for my player(Suzuki). He has a minimal desire to play for a winner, so he'll likely be stuck on mediocre Phoenix for a few more years.

You know, if I was traded earlier than I was, I might've had better stats, since I'm now an Eel.

Eddy J shall be a decent individual for any team.

Though never amount to much.

...hm... Says I've got great leadership skills. Weird.

Guest Evolution

Free agency works pretty simply: Whatever team has the money to buy you, and whatever team wants you the most will get you.

I've received a little help with the SFBL record book, so that will be online by the end of tonight. Should be interesting for the stat freaks like myself. :)

As far as free agency goes, I see this happening:

Carlos DeSantis - If Atlanta can pony up the dough, he'll likely stay with them. Atlanta can get it done in 2008, but he is ESSENTIAL to their hopes.

John Duran - I think he's going outside of Charlotte. His average desire for a winner might overtake him and force him to move elsewhere. I'm sure he'll get a fair offer from many a team.

Shiro Suzuki - This might be the big money guy, to be honest. Yes, Phoenix wants him back, and Shiro might want Phoenix, but I wouldn't be surprised to see big money and no whammies.

Of course, I could be way off here.

Guest Evolution

BALTIMORE CRIME SPREE VS LAS VEGAS JOKERS

2007 EAST-WEST CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Las Vegas is looking to advance to the League Championship once again this year, much as they did last year.

GAME 1 - Andrew Versace's single to centerfield scores Shimetarou Naoki and J.C. Morello. Versace is thrown out at second on the throw, but the damage had been done as Baltimore stole a game out from under the nose of Las Vegas 5-4. Las Vegas went into the bottom of the 6th with a 4-3 lead after Christopher Silveira's solo homerun in the Penitentiary.

BALTIMORE 5, LAS VEGAS 4

W - Richard Truex (7.1 IP, 6 HA, 4 ER, 8 Ks)

L - Phillip McGee (6 IP, 8 HA, 5 ER, 4 Ks)

Player of the Game - Andrew Versace (3-for-3, 3 RBI)

GAME 2 - The Baltimore fans almost rioted in the Penitentiary during Game 2, as it dragged on and on with the game tied at 7-7, all the way to the 12th inning, when Leonard Jones, a catcher for the Jokers, hit a solo homerun to deep left field. The near 5 1/2 hour game featured 15 runs and 33 hits. Needless to say, the pitchers got rocked in this game.

LAS VEGAS 8, BALTIMORE 7 (12 INNINGS)

W - Samuel Fradera (2 IP, 1 HA, 1 K)

L - Fransisco Vives (2 IP, 1 HA, 1 ER, 1 K)

Player of the Game - Brett Smith (3-for-7, 2 RBI, 2 R, HR)

GAME 3 - The series moves to the Trump Coliseum, but Baltimore has the ace up its sleeve as Casimiro Arellano hits a game-winning homerun in the top of the 8th off Marvin Jenkins, the second homerun of the game for Arellano, and the Crime Spree hold off the Jokers to take a 2-1 lead in the series with a 3-2 victory.

BALTIMORE 3, LAS VEGAS 2

W - Robert Cowan (8 IP, 9 HA, 2 ER, 7 Ks)

L - Marvin Jenkins (8 IP, 8 HA, 3 ER, 6 Ks)

Player of the Game - Casimiro Arellano (3-for-5, 2 HR, 2 RBI)

GAME 4 - Las Vegas settled in at home and exploded in Game 4, scoring 8 runs on 7 hits in an 8-5 win over the Crime Spree, tying the series at 2 games a piece. The game was blown open in the bottom of the 7th, when Josue Castro hit a 2-run homerun, and Richard Nickel did the same three batters later, making the score 8-2 at the time. Baltimore rallied for three runs, but it was simply too little, too late.

LAS VEGAS 8, BALTIMORE 5

W - Phillip McGee (1-1, 6 IP, 6 HA, 1 ER, 4 Ks)

L - Richard Truex (1-1, 6.1 IP, 4 HA, 5 ER, 7 Ks)

Player of the Game - Phillip McGee (2 walks)

GAME 5 - Las Vegas wanted an advantage going back to the Penitentiary, but Casimiro Arellano got them again.

A triple in the top of the 5th inning by Arellano set off a chain reaction of errors by the fielders. After scoring Michael Santiago, Abel Ortiz came up and reached base on a throwing error by the second baseman, scoring Arellano. Shimetarou Naoki reached on a fielding error by the first baseman, sending Ortiz to third, and J.C. Morello reached base on ANOTHER error by the first baseman, scoring Ortiz. Samuel Fradera managed to get Las Vegas out of the inning, but the damage was most certainly done. Baltimore captured the victory 3-2, despite committing 2 errors themselves.

BALTIMORE 3, LAS VEGAS 2

W - Armand Kabas (1-0, 7.1 IP, 4 HA, 2 R, 0 ER, 4 Ks)

L - Miguel Azicri (0-1, 2 IP, 2 HA, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 K)

S - Fransisco Vives

Player of the Game - Armand Kabas

GAME 6 - Baltimore blew it open in early, and they kept it out of reach as they advanced to the league championship as the representative from the East-West.

Baltimore scored 8 runs in the first three innings, and Las Vegas didn't have a chance in a 9-2 loss. Abel Ortiz drove in 3 runs with 2 hits in 5 at-bats, as Marvin Jenkins once again coughed up a loss, this time costing the Jokers' the series.

BALTIMORE 9, LAS VEGAS 2

W - Robert Cowan (2-0, 7 IP, 5 HA, 2 ER, 7 Ks)

L - Marvin Jenkins (0-2, 1.2 IP, 5 HA, 6 R, 4 ER)

Player of the Game - Abel Ortiz (2-for-5, 3 RBI)

The EWCS MVP is Casimiro Arellano, who batted .385 in the series with 2 homeruns and 4 RBIs, and also setting off two key moments in two different games for the Baltimore Crime Spree.

JACKSONVILLE JACKOFFS VS. CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY

2007 NORTH-SOUTH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Chicago is looking to return to the league championship, and Jacksonville wants to continue this wild ride to the playoffs after barely knocking off the Hanoi Janes.

GAME 1 - The feel-good vibe of the Jackoffs is immediately cockslapped as Chicago's Fred Thomas hit a solo homerun with one out in the bottom of the 11th to give Chicago a win at Sears Field.

CHICAGO 6, JACKSONVILLE 5 (11 INNINGS)

W - Rolando Tavares (1-0)

L - Glenn Brockett (0-1)

Player of the Game - Kevin McGinn (2-for-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, HR)

GAME 2 - John Propes shuts down the Jackoffs utterly and completely, allowing only one run in 6 2/3 innings of work as Chicago wins again at Sears Field. The offense was led by solo homeruns from Fred Thomas and Kevin McGinn, who have been Jacksonville slayers in the first two games.

CHICAGO 4, JACKSONVILLE 1

W - John Propes (6.2 IP, 6 HA, 1 ER, 8 Ks)

L - George Alongi (7 IP, 9 HA, 4 ER, 10 Ks)

S - Theodore Ellingsworth (1.2 IP, 0 HA, 1 K)

Player of the Game - John Propes (pulled after throwing 108 pitches in 6 2/3 innings)

GAME 3 - The brooms, they are a sweepin' in Chicago.

The Transit Authority is going to be looking for a sweep at Astroglide Park tomorrow if they can knock off the Jacksonville Jackoffs in similar fashion as their game tonight, a 3-1 victory as the Chicago pitching does it again.

Roy Aliff drives in two runs for Chicago, enough to put Jacksonville away.

CHICAGO 3, JACKSONVILLE 1

W - Lazaro Arevalo (9 IP, 7 HA, 1 ER, 10 Ks)

L - Jerry James (6.1 IP, 10 HA, 3 ER, 7 Ks)

Player of the Game - Lazaro Arevalo (117 pitches thrown against 35 batters)

GAME 4 - Top of the 9th: The fans in Astroglide Park are pleased with the Jackoffs as they have managed to avoid a sweep against Chicago, the game all but over with a 5-2 lead and reliable Geordie Cavell on the mound.

But it's not over yet.

Alex Vilas leads off the inning with a solo homerun, and it's suddenly 5-3 Jacksonville. No problem, right? Well, Cavell then proceeds to walk Kevin McGinn and Brian Hill, managing to strike out the dangerous Fred Thomas but then coughing up a one-out single to Michael Bridger, which leaves the bases loaded. Stanley Ureno hits a sacrifice fly, and it's 5-4 Jacksonville with 2 outs. The next batter is Samuel Sainz, whose bat had been relatively quiet during the series. The pitch comes from Cavell...

And it's gone.

Three-run homerun, and the pitching coach is almost already halfway to the mound by the time Sainz touches home plate making the score 7-5 Chicago. "The Berserker" is brought in and he gets out of the inning, but Jacksonville can do nothing but look dumbfounded as they go down 1-2-3, Chicago somehow managing to perform the sweep anyway.

CHICAGO 7, JACKSONVILLE 5

W - Andres Delao (1-0)

L - Geordie Cavell (0-1)

S - Theodore Ellingsworth (1 IP, 0 HA, 1 K)

Player of the Game - Samuel Sainz (3-for-5, HR, 3 RBI)

The NSCS MVP is hard to decide, as the series went by so fast, but in the end, it has been determined that the MVP was Roy Aliff, who hit .316 with one homerun and 5 RBI during the series, definitely coming through when it mattered the most for Chicago to keep the sweep alive.

BALTIMORE CRIME SPREE VS CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY

2007 SFBL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP

Chicago and Baltimore are in their first League Championships.

GAME 1 - Chicago strikes early with a 4-run first inning in the Penitentiary, and Daniel Estill does the rest in a 5-3 victory over Baltimore. 2 solo homeruns in the bottom of the 9th were not enough to quell the Transit Authority.

CHICAGO 5, BALTIMORE 3

W - Daniel Estill (7.2 IP, 3 HA, 1 ER, 6 Ks)

L - Richard Truex (3.1 IP, 7 HA, 5 ER, 4 Ks)

Player of the Game - Daniel Estill (1-0 in the postseason))

GAME 2 - After the solid pitching in Game 1, it was time for the offense to shine, and shine it did, as Chicago stomped away at the Crime Spree with an 11-4, erasing the home field advantage for the Crime Spree. Kevin McGinn led the offensive charge with 3 RBIs, all of them on a 6th inning homerun off Armand Kabas. John Propes got it done on the mound, meanwhile.

CHICAGO 11, BALTIMORE 4

W - John Propes (8 IP, 6 HA, 4 ER, 6 Ks)

L - Armand Kabas (6 IP, 9 HA, 6 R, 2 ER, 3 Ks)

Player of the Game - Kevin McGinn (2-for-4, HR, 3 RBI)

GAME 3 - Baltimore made sure that history wouldn't be repeated as it was for the Jackoffs, avoiding a sweep with a narrow 6-5 victory over the Transit Authority. Shimetarou Naoki's 2-run homerun in the top of the 9th made all the difference, making the score 6-3 as Fransisco Vives managed to hold off the Transit Authority despite giving up 2 runs, walking 4 men in the process.

BALTIMORE 6, CHICAGO 5

W - Arthur Kriebel (3.2 IP, 4 HA, 1 ER, 2 Ks)

L - Andres Delao (1-1)

Player of the Game - Shimetarou Naoki (3-for-5, 2 RBI)

GAME 4 - Baltimore proved that they had the pitching staff to get the job done as much as Chicago did, as three pitchers on the Crime Spree staff combined for 9 innings of 6-hit baseball, as Baltimore shutout Chicago 3-0.

The offense was provided on RBI from Shimetarou Naoki, J.C. Morello, and Luis Moreno.

BALTIMORE 3, CHICAGO 0

W - Richard Truex (2-2, 6.1 IP, 3 HA, 0 ER, 9 Ks)

L - Daniel Estill (1-1, 6.2 IP, 6 HA, 3 ER, 3 Ks)

S - Fransisco Vives (1.1 IP, 1 HA)

Player of the Game - Richard Truex (2 walks)

GAME 5 - Baltimore put the juggernaut Chicago on the ropes with an 8-3 victory in Game 5. 4 Crime Spree members hit homeruns, including 2 homeruns from Shimetarou Naoki that just ruined the good name that John Propes had built for himself in the postseason. Armand Kabas, on the other hand, had a reverse of fate and looked solid on the mound.

BALTIMORE 8, CHICAGO 3

W - Armand Kabas (2-1, 7.1 IP, 6 HA, 2 ER, 5 Ks)

L - John Propes (2-1, 5 IP, 8 HA, 6 ER, 4 Ks)

Player of the Game - Shimetarou Naoki (3-for-5, 2 HR, 3 RBI)

GAME 6 - The Crime Spree fans had waited about 5 seasons for this moment, and they finally had it.

A Baltimore Championship.

Baltimore earned it with a 4-3 victory in the Penitentiary, taking the series 4 games to 2. J.C. Morello's double in the 3rd inning off Lazaro Arevalo was the gamebreaker, and Chicago could never recover.

BALTIMORE 4, CHICAGO 3

W - Robert Cowan (6.1 IP, 10 HA, 3 ER, 3 Ks)

L - Lazaro Arevalo (6.1 IP, 11 HA, 3 ER, 6 Ks)

S - Samuel Martinez (1 save)

Player of the Game - Andrew Versace (3-for-4, RBI)

Shimetarou Naoki is the League Championship MVP, and is the most impressive League Championship MVP EVER. Naoki hit an amazing 6 homeruns in the League Championship, scoring 10 runs for Baltimore. Truly the most amazing MVP that has laid foot in the League Championship.

Guest Evolution

2008 Amateur Draft:

The Columbus Pride have a new TSM player in "Big Red" Robert Henderson, as he joins Columbus as the #1 pick for the 100 loss team.

Columbus also added Peter Kostka to its ranks as the first pick in the third round. The Rainbow Warriors are looking forward to welcoming both men to their squad.

Hooray for "Beanball" having several pitching records (And hooray for him not yet getting a single hit!)! I mean, who really cares about preventing homeruns or hits and whatnot when you can throw really fast? I just want to know where my 173 K stacks up against the non-TSM pitchers.

And since I'm not to knowledgable on most baseball stats, is there a way to determine how many players "Beanball" has hit?

Oh, and I just want to point out that Gonzales and myself, totally and completely own Alex Zenon.

PS Evo, you should compile a list of the awards that the TSMers have won. I'd like to see how many years in a row Frost as won glass ceiling and big stick awards. I'm guessing every year since he's been in the league.

Guest Evolution

Pitchers don't hit in the SFBL.

Both leagues have the designated hitter. That explains why pitchers don't have a hit to their name.

As for the award list, I'll type one up following the 2008 season.