TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Guns N Roses New Album

Just dawned on me that it says 'New GNR Album', therefore it could be a greatest hits compliation or something of that genre.

I'm not holding my breath. If it actually IS the CD we're all waiting for, then shouldn't promotion of started for it already?

EDIT: Beat me to making that conclusion, JAxl

Ya know, the band has only released, what, 50 original songs? How can you release a greatest hits CD based off of that. Hopefully if they do go that route, there will be one or two new songs on there. You know how it is though, in the world of a GNR fan any news at all is good news, so I had to post it.

Not to mention that releasing a 'Hits' CD and expecting people to shell out 15-25 bucks for it is fucking ridiculous when people can get all of GNR's albums for about 30 bucks.

All logic points towards it being Chinese Democracy, however something tells me Axl has nothing to do with this and that it is just the record company putting out GNR related shit to go along with the new DVD's to generate some interest and suck in the remaining GNR fans.

At this point, who knows?

UYI

Guest Doyo
Ya know, the band has only released, what, 50 original songs? How can you release a greatest hits CD based off of that.

The record companies seem to do that a lot now. They released a greatest hits album for the Damn

Yankees, who had two total albums and only 1 big hit song. They even released one for Cappadonna,

who had two albums and no big hits. Hopefully, the songs on a GNR hits collection would be

remastered, and for that matter, I'm surprised they haven't remastered the GNR albums yet.

That's a typo. I went back and fixed it for you.

GNR New Album, Amazon.com

Product Details

Audio CD (November 25, 2010)

Number of Discs: 1

Label:

ASIN: B0000TLA9G

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,593

Guest FrigidSoul

I just don't know how its going to be GNR without Slash...I'm thinking its going to be alot like the Aerosmith era when Tyler and Perry were having troubles...if that's the case I'd rather continue remembering them through Appetite and the Use Your Illusion LPs

Oh looky, here comes YnA with his predictable, unfunny GNR-humour.

Seriously, why do you bother? Is your life that unsatisfying?

UYI

Jesus cousin-fucking Christ. Take it easy fella. It's one comment over the course of the day, believe it or not I don't spend sleepless nights writing GNR material hoping someone mentions them on a message board just so I can post it.

I'm hardly lashing out at you YnA, so don't make things out to be more hostile than they really are.

However, you do this EVERY time there is a GNR-related thread and it's just pointless and stupid. I mean, fair enough, if it was, you know, funny and stuff I'd be okay with it, but it's not.

UYI

Yeah at least make fun of Axl for his awful wig or obvious plastic surgery. Or make fun of me and Illusions for continuing to support a guy who has spit in our faces time and time again.

Yeah, I remember how mad my friends were that he didn't show, and I was like "Duh, this was a Guns N Roses show." I knew what I was getting into when I bought the tickets. So, BPS, what do you think the odds are of this actually being THE album.

Axl told us 2003 was the year GNR returned and he's let us down, albeit predictably. HOWEVER, the year is not over yet and funnily enough, one of Dizzy Reed's reletives stated that Chinese Democracy will be out around the 25th of November, the exact date that Amazon listing quotes.

Probably a huge coincidence, but what else do I have to be excited about in the world of Axl Rose?

Damn. I gotta tell ya, if this isn't actually it, I might finally lose faith. Just a reminder, the Illusion albums were released in a similar manner though, with rumors of a greatest hits album, etc. Axl obviously doesn't do things like many other people. I honestly expect an announcement sometime this week. A Metal-Sludge.com article also said something about a big announcement before the end of the week about GNR. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Another point, the only new material we have heard debuted January 1st 2001. And that's not including "Oh My God" which debuted, when? Fall of 1999? I think it may finally be time BPS. I mean what the fuck else could possibly need to be done on the album?

Damn. I gotta tell ya, if this isn't actually it, I might finally lose faith. Just a reminder, the Illusion albums were released in a similar manner though, with rumors of a greatest hits album, etc. Axl obviously doesn't do things like many other people. I honestly expect an announcement sometime this week. A Metal-Sludge.com article also said something about a big announcement before the end of the week about GNR. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Another point, the only new material we have heard debuted January 1st 2001. And that's not including "Oh My God" which debuted, when? Fall of 1999? I think it may finally be time BPS. I mean what the fuck else could possibly need to be done on the album?

Axl's a perfectionist, and in reality I could say with about 90% accuracy that the album was probably ready to go 2 years ago.

Axl must be continually tweaking it here and there because he is NEVER fucking satisfied, reason #1 why he used to storm off stage back in the 80's and early 90's.

UYI

Guest Black Tiger

I am stoked about this.

Sure Axl usually fucks us over nine out of ten times, but notice that in most situations the one time is usually totally worth it.

Just to defend Axl, look how The Spaghetti Incident? turned out. Because there were STILL working on the UYI tour and probably put it out too fast.

I'll be keeping my eye on HereTodayGoneToHell for the next few weeks to see if any news breaks.

JAxl, UYI, and bps, just think, If it turns out to be Chinese Democracy after all and if it does kick ass we caN all tell the naysayers "HEY FUCKERS, SUCK ON GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES!"

JAxl, UYI, and bps, just think, If it turns out to be Chinese Democracy after all and if it does kick ass we caN all tell the naysayers "HEY FUCKERS, SUCK ON GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES!"

Most of my friends are still so pissed about the concert, I am going to buy all of them a copy of the new album for Christmas if it does come out. Hopefully that will turn them back into fans.

Just to defend Axl, look how The Spaghetti Incident? turned out. Because there were STILL working on the UYI tour and probably put it out too fast.

Axl's never been good at interpreting the work of others though. 'Live and Let Die' is the only song I've heard GNR actually pull off well. 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' suffers from SERIOUS misinterpretation on Axl's part and most of the Spaghetti Incident is pretty sub-par, with a few notable exceptions like 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I've always preferred original Axl Rose material.

UYI

As far as "The Spaghetti Incident" goes, "Down On The Farm", "Ain;t It Fun", "Hair Of The Dog", "Black Leather" and "Look At Your Game Girl" are all pretty good in my book.

'Look At Your Game Girl' was cool, but unnecessary. Just seemed like Axl was tying to be bad ass by covering one of Charlie Manson's songs.

Not to say he didn't pull it off quite well, but it was just a little too obvious.

UYI

'Look At Your Game Girl' was cool, but unnecessary. Just seemed like Axl was tying to be bad ass by covering one of Charlie Manson's songs.

Not to say he didn't pull it off quite well, but it was just a little too obvious.

UYI

I think the sick part was how goddamn good the lyrics were.