TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Goldberg angry again...

Knowing Bill, he would be.

Not to come down on you Rico, but you DON'T know him. How do you know whether or not he'd be mad about it?

As for Mark Henry...I dunno. Maybe I just *DON'T* have the same sense of humor as the rest of you, because that seems mean as hell to me.

Although I wonder why the hell Mark didn't check with any of the road agents or officials before getting off the plane. I mean, yeah, Ric's a legend and all, but get some OFFICIAL word before making a 10 hour drive.

Still, they could've at least tried to stop him before he got off the plane.

Edit: Typo.

Not to come down on you Rico, but you DON'T know him. How do you know whether or not he'd be mad about it?

As for Mark Henry...I dunno. Maybe I just have the same sense of humor as the rest of you, because that seems mean as hell to me.

Although I wonder why the hell Mark didn't check with any of the road agents or officials before getting off the plane. I mean, yeah, Ric's a legend and all, but get some OFFICIAL word before making a 10 hour drive.

Yeah, it's one of those things that are funny as hell when they happen to someone else, but when the situation is reversed, one would be P-I-S-S-E-D!!!

On one hand, Mark Henry is making a ton of cha-ching and is totally useless. However, Teddy was probably driving, so I feel bad for him.

On the other hand, it's not like Mark Henry can do anything about it. Not because Flair is a legend, but he's HHH favorite whipping boy.

WWE chartered a plane for the talent after Sunday afternoon’s house show in Portland, ME. A funny story came out of it. It seems that the plane was overloaded and there was even said to be luggage in the aisles. From what I was told, Ric Flair then ribbed Mark Henry, saying that there was too much weight on the plane and it wasn’t safe to fly. Henry bit on the rib and ended up getting off of the plane and renting a car for the drive to Wilkes Barre, PA for Raw. Teddy Long, who travels with Henry, was said to be less than happy about having to drive for 10 hours instead of flying for one. The guys who stayed on the plane had a pretty good laugh.

That's fucked up. I don't care how much money he makes, if I was Mark Henry, I'd be pissed off after that one.

If I was Henry, I'd be a fuckin' idiot.

The hate on Goldberg in this thread is beyond ridiculous, some of you guys need to wait until some news pops up that actually warrants a bashing.

And no, shit from the past has no relevance to this.

For all we know these sorts of ribs happen all the time, and I doubt Mark Henry was the first or only person to ever be suckered into one.

And yeah, if I was one of the guys on the plane, I'd be laughing with the rest of them :D

Guest Askewniverse
Heh, I can't believe Henry would fall for that. What an idiot. Poor Teddy. He was punished for Henry's stupidity.

Henry can't help it. He had a "braineurism" a few years ago.

As for Mark Henry...I dunno. Maybe I just *DON'T* have the same sense of humor as the rest of you, because that seems mean as hell to me.

Why is everyone all down on Nature Boy for this, or taking it seriously like Henry should have a shot at complaining to the office? He should be pissed at himself for being such an idiot. I can't get over how stupid this is. This is one of the STUPIDEST things I've ever heard of. Goddamn.

Side note; Henry must have SERIOUS esteem issues about his weight.

Guest Askewniverse

Am I the only one who thinks that Henry knew it was a rib, but went along with it anyway? I remember reading somewhere (I think it was Have A Nice Day) that when a veteran ribs you, you're supposed to go along with it, even if you know that it's a rib.

Then why doesn't he lose any!? That's what he was fucking sent to OVW for all those years ago! To lose some damn weight. Has he!? Hell no! Same thing with the Big Show.

When you're a wrestler and there's guys around you eating healthy all the time and working out at the gym all the time...it shouldn't be so hard to lose some god damn weight!

Why is everyone all down on Nature Boy for this, or taking it seriously like Henry should have a shot at complaining to the office? He should be pissed at himself for being such an idiot. I can't get over how stupid this is. This is one of the STUPIDEST things I've ever heard of. Goddamn.

Everyone down on Flair? There have been exactly two posts in here saying that the rib was wrong...both from me.

Also, I never said anything about Henry complaining to the office. I said it was dumb of him to get off the plane without checking with an official first to make sure the whole thing was legit. And Henry's stupidity aside, my thing is that someone could've at least at least had the courtesy to tell him "hey, Ric was just kidding" before he got off to make the drive.

Like I said...maybe it's just my sense of humor, but that seems wrong as hell to me.

MARK HENRY just seemed stubborn at that point. Kudos to FLAIR. Hopefully he'll say something backstage one night that causes HENRY to leave forever.

Why all the Henry hate? I know he's not a good wrestler or anything, but he doesn't deserve to be hated that much. How would you like it if someone wished someone would say something to make you quit your job? WWE knew what they were getting into when they signed him, and although Henry is partially responsible for not getting more talented over time, they never bothered to use him effectively, accept for the whole Chyna thing.

Then why doesn't he lose any!? That's what he was fucking sent to OVW for all those years ago! To lose some damn weight. Has he!? Hell no! Same thing with the Big Show.

When you're a wrestler and there's guys around you eating healthy all the time and working out at the gym all the time...it shouldn't be so hard to lose some god damn weight!

Actually he did lose a bunch of weight, but then put it back on to compete in the Arnold Schwarznegger Strongman Competition, I believe. I've seen some OVW pictures of him where he was much less heavy than he is now.

Also, I never said anything about Henry complaining to the office. I said it was dumb of him to get off the plane without checking with an official first to make sure the whole thing was legit. And Henry's stupidity aside, my thing is that someone could've at least at least had the courtesy to tell him "hey, Ric was just kidding" before he got off to make the drive.

Like I said...maybe it's just my sense of humor, but that seems wrong as hell to me.

It's funny to say something like that and watch someone go nuts over it. Maybe Henry just left to soon before someone could tell him that it was alright?

Am I the only one who thinks that Henry knew it was a rib, but went along with it anyway? I remember reading somewhere (I think it was Have A Nice Day) that when a veteran ribs you, you're supposed to go along with it, even if you know that it's a rib.

That's what I was thinking...the whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Actually he did lose a bunch of weight, but then put it back on to compete in the Arnold Schwarznegger Strongman Competition, I believe. I've seen some OVW pictures of him where he was much less heavy than he is now.

Henry lost a lot of weight, but they didn't bring him in. I remember reading somewhere that they had no plans for him for a while, and they encouraged him to do the Strongman competition just to keep him busy with something.

Also, I never said anything about Henry complaining to the office.  I said it was dumb of him to get off the plane without checking with an official first to make sure the whole thing was legit. And Henry's stupidity aside, my thing is that someone could've at least at least had the courtesy to tell him "hey, Ric was just kidding" before he got off to make the drive. 

It's funny to say something like that and watch someone go nuts over it. Maybe Henry just left to soon before someone could tell him that it was alright?

Nah, they could've got him if they really wanted to.

Also, just wanna make clear that I'm not trying to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. Honestly, I could care less about what they do to one another on the road, especially if Mark's taking it well. I just know that if I was in his shoes, I'd have raised hell once I got to the show.

Guest Choken One

Henry lost a lot of weight, but they didn't bring him in. I remember reading somewhere that they had no plans for him for a while, and they encouraged him to do the Strongman competition just to keep him busy with something.

He lost over 150 pounds and was in that D'lo Territory of weight lost (those that don't remember, D'Lo once weighed a hefty 400 and cut that down to his 270)...but since Vince told him to do some Ironmans...He had to pick it back up and it only showed that vince was keeping Henry occupied making that money...

That probably sums it all up. It was a rib, and Mark Henry played along. Nothing more, nothing less.

The thing about the Henry rib is his sportsmanship will probably lead to an even bigger of a push....

I've never been big on Henry at all, but I've actually liked how they've been using him of late.

Guest Choken One

Yes, he has been used well, at the expense of on the very few decent draws remaining...but hey! gotta get fucking Henry over right...to make SOMETHING outta that fucking deal...

TBS finally made up for this year...

Guest Dynamite Kido
WWE chartered a plane for the talent after Sunday afternoon’s house show in Portland, ME. A funny story came out of it. It seems that the plane was overloaded and there was even said to be luggage in the aisles. From what I was told, Ric Flair then ribbed Mark Henry, saying that there was too much weight on the plane and it wasn’t safe to fly. Henry bit on the rib and ended up getting off of the plane and renting a car for the drive to Wilkes Barre, PA for Raw. Teddy Long, who travels with Henry, was said to be less than happy about having to drive for 10 hours instead of flying for one. The guys who stayed on the plane had a pretty good laugh.

That's fucked up. I don't care how much money he makes, if I was Mark Henry, I'd be pissed off after that one.

I see what you mean, but keep in mind one thing....

Flair = Gold

Henry = ummmm........rusty metal.