TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWE Bloodbath DVD

I picked up the Bloodbath Wrestlings Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches DVD tonite for 19.99 on sale at FYE. It's basically has exactly what was mentioned before, one featurette, hosted by Jonathan Coachman, highlighting various steel cage matches from over the year. Some, like Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff are shown almost in their entirety, while others, like Bret Hart vs Issac Yankem, we see almost none of. Each match also contains atleast one promo or some background information from people about the match, so it's not just straightfoward all matches. In addition to the feature, there are 11 complete matches which are as follows:

Bob Backlund vs Pat Patterson 1979

Jimmy Snuka vs Don Muraco 1983

Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard 1985

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart 1994

Triple H vs Mankind 1997 (Very under-rated matched BTW)

Edge vs Kurt Angle 2002

Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff 1975

Bob Backlunds vs Stan Hansen 1981

Ric Flair vs Dusty Rhodes 1986

Rock 'N Roll Express vs the Andersons 1986

Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannety 1993

I've just started watching it, and it's awesome so far. I'm glad to see WWE finally doing somethign with their video colletion. Highly reccomended to all.

I picked up the Bloodbath Wrestlings Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches DVD tonite for 19.99 on sale at FYE. It's basically has exactly what was mentioned before, one featurette, hosted by Jonathan Coachman, highlighting various steel cage matches from over the year. Some, like Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff are shown almost in their entirety, while others, like Bret Hart vs Issac Yankem, we see almost none of. Each match also contains atleast one promo or some background information from people about the match, so it's not just straightfoward all matches. In addition to the feature, there are 11 complete matches which are as follows:

Bob Backlund vs Pat Patterson 1979

Jimmy Snuka vs Don Muraco 1983

Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard 1985

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart 1994

Triple H vs Mankind 1997 (Very under-rated matched BTW)

Edge vs Kurt Angle 2002

Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff 1975

Bob Backlunds vs Stan Hansen 1981

Ric Flair vs Dusty Rhodes 1986

Rock 'N Roll Express vs the Andersons 1986

Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannety 1993

I've just started watching it, and it's awesome so far. I'm glad to see WWE finally doing somethign with their video colletion. Highly reccomended to all.

Shawn Michaels vs Marty Janetty??

I didnt know that was included as well!

SWEETNESS.

Guest Choken One

I can't decide which to watch first?

My favorite match of all time (Owen/Bret) in DVD quality instead of the grainy 10 year old video or the Marty/Shawn match that Ive wanted to see for so fucking long

THe Michaels vs Jannetty match is nothing special. It was included on a Coliseum Release, I think it was Bloopers Bleeps and Bodyslams. It's nothing special, no where's near the level of their match on RAW, or even their Royal Rumble bout.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Jannetty/HBK was a House Show Cage match, so I wouldn't expect it to be as a good as a straight wrestling match.

It was after Jannetty lost the belt though.

And the pic in JHawks Sig kicks ass.

how's the backlund/hansen match? seems like that would be a winner.

If it's the one I saw from MSG, it's really too short to be anything special. Not bad, just disappointing.

Guest hhheld_down
How much of the Benoit vs. Angle match from Raw is shown?

i was out of town for the RAW on which that happend on and didnt tape it... god i still hate myself for doing that as I have always wanted to see that match in full and not highlights.. i dont have a dsl modem so there is no point in tryin to downloading it... damnit!

Guest Choken One

dont DL anyways...I cant find a version with Audio...YOU NEED TO HEAR IT with Austin on commentary.

It's out already? FUCK!

In some places where they do early weekend releases to cash in on the product, yes.

I remember someone on this board picking up the 619 DVD a few days before it's "official suggested release", and the ensuing heart attacks by the board members (me included).

Guest Mulatto Heat
dont DL anyways...I cant find a version with Audio...YOU NEED TO HEAR IT with Austin on commentary.

"Don't sass me. You're looking at me through your stupid little glasses."

"C'mon Angle, get on offense! You know what offense is, don't you, football boy?"

I'm sure JR cried himself to sleep that night. Probably Austin too.

Its 2 Discs and its $19.99. That's fucking awesome!

Any Easter eggs?

Easter Eggs (hidden features):

Disc 1: Ending of the Ronnie Garvin NWA World title win over Ric Flair. Access it by going to the Chapters menu, scrolling down to the Flair vs. Garvin match, click right twice. You will see the final 3 minutes of Garvin's win. (9/25/87)

Disc 2: See a special interview by Owen Hart prior to his match with Bret Hart. The interview takes place in an empty arena in an empty cage. Access it by going to the Extras menu, scrolling down to the Hart vs. Hart match, click right twice.

Guest FrigidSoul

I must get this for Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard

you don't know what an I Quit match is until you've seen this one

Guest JumpinJackFlash

It might already be at your local flea market. I was there one Saturday, and saw The Lion KIng there, which didn't come out until the Tuesday after.

Disc 2: See a special interview by Owen Hart prior to his match with Bret Hart. The interview takes place in an empty arena in an empty cage. Access it by going to the Extras menu, scrolling down to the Hart vs. Hart match, click right twice.

I remember that. I believe it aired on the WWF Superstars epsiode right before the PPV. The lights are down, making the ring pretty dark, and it's just Owen talking to the camera.

Guest Choken One

Its on the PPV version of the show as well...I hope they included Bret's Pre-Match interview

"Do I want to fight my brother? No I don't, absolutely not but for my parent's sake I have to"

"I don't know what's wrong with Owen, I mean he's got something in his head or something"

"I don't hate owen, I will never hate my own brother, now neidhart? Maybe. You know I blame Neidhart for starting all this, he planted those thoughts into owen"

"This isn't going to wrestling match, it's a dog fight is what it is. A stupid ugly dogfight. "

"I used to watch you owen, in your little crib, you'd try to climb out when you saw me and u'd shed a tear well tonight OWEN, you are going to cry a river"

Best Buy had it for $22 and change. Looks very good so far. The actual show is 2hrs and the extras are split between the 2 discs.

I'm loving the buildup segments that some of the matches get. It adds a whole new dimension to the matches when you better understand the rivalry.

Hmm...I called Suncoast, they don't have it yet. Guess I'll try Best Buy then.

I ordered mine from BestPrices.com, and received an email yesterday (10/24) that it has shipped, so I should probably get it on Monday or Tuesday. They had it for $17.28 plus $2.98 shipping (no tax was charged), so after all is said and done, I paid $20.26 for it.

Can't wait 'til it gets here, I'm sure I'll be marking out watching Magnum/Blanchard in all its "perfect video quality" glory.

Tell me, are the ring entrances/introductions cut out on any of the matches?

Guest Choken One

Best Buy was the only place that had them...I brought it and have watched Shawn/Marty which, though short was still a very fun match and I watched Owen.Bret in DVD quality and it was so fucking beautiful.

Easter Eggs (hidden features):

Disc 1: Ending of the Ronnie Garvin NWA World title win over Ric Flair. Access it by going to the Chapters menu, scrolling down to the Flair vs. Garvin match, click right twice. You will see the final 3 minutes of Garvin's win. (9/25/87)

So with the extra 3 minutes, wouldn't that make it the 12th full match on the DVD?

Sweetness.