TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Austing to return to wrestling?

I hate my replies to be me acting so negative, but it seems that they aren't actually trying to be successful anymore, and just trying to coast by on name value and randomly shove McMahons into the main event spots.

McMahon-Austin was great for business, but it planted the idea in Vince's head that he could stick himself on TV constantly and make it good for business. Of course, back then he actually put Austin over and was getting kicked around and embarrassed, not going over his daughter, cripples, and full-fledged wrestlers.

I hate how every heel except McMahons and veterans get neutered constantly (Show/Lesnar vs. Taker, for instance). Then where's the intrigue when the PPV rolls around?

What do you guys, personally, feel they should do if they want to go for Austin vs. Goldberg? I don't think Goldberg is/will be over enough to just use the Rock/Hogan template, where they could just go out there, stare at each other, and the crowd would have dueling chants for 10 minutes.

Well, there was that whole "attempted murder" thing, but they swept that under the carpet quickly.

Austin's comments about the Brock Lesner incident about a week ago

What comments?

From his recent interview on Howard Stern:

"Steve told Howard that the WWE guys wanted him to lose to some schlub and he didn't want to do it. He said Vince told him the scenario and he didn't want to do it. He said he told them that if they didn't change it he was going to leave. He said it would have made him look washed up if he'd done it."

I don't really want to see Austin-Goldberg either, like AndrewTS says, they're only going to screw it up, take something that could have been moderately cool and make it pathetic and pointless. And I don't want Austin to risk his health in there with Goldberg, I know, I know, Goldberg's hardly ever injured anyone but himself and Bret, but I'd rather Austin not chance it, not in his delicate condition. Let's just keep Goldberg wrestling Triple-H and maybe we'll eventually get lucky.

I wouldn't mind seeing Golberg cripple Austin. Unlike Bret Austin deserves to be on the receiving end of a major injury that kills his career DOA....

Unlike Bret Austin deserves to be on the receiving end of a major injury that kills his career DOA....

You mean like when Austin BROKE HIS FUCKING NECK? I mean, granted, that didn't end his career, but hey...

I still think it's kinda sick to wish crippling injury on someone who's ALREADY HAD THEIR NECK BROKEN and has one of the worst necks in the WWE right now. I mean, he's ALREADY injured enough that he's not on the active roster - what more do you want, exactly?

But after all, all Austin did for the business was make wrestling cool again, earned Vince and co. about 80 bazillion dollars, and helped the WWF win the Monday Night Wars once and for all. Fuck him, right?

I don't really want to see Austin-Goldberg either, like AndrewTS says, they're only going to screw it up, take something that could have been moderately cool and make it pathetic and pointless. And I don't want Austin to risk his health in there with Goldberg, I know, I know, Goldberg's hardly ever injured anyone but himself and Bret, but I'd rather Austin not chance it, not in his delicate condition. Let's just keep Goldberg wrestling Triple-H and maybe we'll eventually get lucky.

I wouldn't mind seeing Golberg cripple Austin. Unlike Bret Austin deserves to be on the receiving end of a major injury that kills his career DOA....

You and every one of us owes Steve Williams a debt of gratitude for bringing out the best in the business and pretty much keeping it afloat. Wrestling in genreal, imo, is only plodding along because of the mega-boom in the 1998-1999 years.

As stated before, that would be a waste of time. Unless these two have this nagging problem with the fact that all of thier matches together have sucked, I don't see it happening. I don't think anyone wants to see it. All these shots Jericho is taking at austin don't have me salivating for a dream match because the chemistry has always been bad and the matches have been heatless.

I'd like to see the duke it out and maybe have a VERY well booked match to where they put that bad record to rest, but for Austin's last match to be against someone who has proven to produce bad matches with him in the past, I wouldn't be so optomisitc.

God no. We all know he'll do it, but after giving WMXIX a second viewing the other day, the guy was visibly in AGONY by the end, and only really took three uranages. It was kind of sick to watch.

Guest Ray

Look at all the silly Austin hate.

I would love to see the BEST WWF/E WRESTLER EVER return to the ring full time. I doubt it will happen though, with his injuries.

The money match is Hogan/Austin...period. Always has been and always will be til it happens.

That...Rock/Cena, Brock/Eddie (WWE Title), Foley/Vince, Angle/Benoit (w/ Bret as guest ref), Jericho (as a face)/HHH (Heavyweight Title with HHH regaining the title at Survivor Series) and Taker returning as Old School Undertaker.

That would be my wet dream Wrestlemania scenario as of now.

Guest Quik
That was then.  This is now.  I have no respect for wifebeaters.

None.

He's supposedly on a gag order about the incident, so, in all fairness, I'm not going to judge until I hear his side.

"The bitch gave me a warm beer. Kick-wham-stunner, five minutes later she got me a new one."

--Steve Austin on why he hit his wife.

Guest Just J

None.

He's supposedly on a gag order about the incident, so, in all fairness, I'm not going to judge until I hear his side.

"The bitch gave me a warm beer. Kick-wham-stunner, five minutes later she got me a new one."

Dude! You just got quote of the week! That shit was hilarious. :lol:

None. 

That or she burnt the cookies again. :P

The money match is Hogan/Austin...period. Always has been and always will be til it happens.

That...Rock/Cena, Brock/Eddie (WWE Title), Foley/Vince, Angle/Benoit (w/ Bret as guest ref), Jericho (as a face)/HHH (Heavyweight Title with HHH regaining the title at Survivor Series) and Taker returning as Old School Undertaker.

That would be my wet dream Wrestlemania scenario as of now.

Replace Cena with Michaels and I second this!

Some of us may not like him right now, but we all must admit the man singlehandedly brought back popularity to WWF and wrestling. The coolest character to come into wrestling in a long time and he was gold.

With that being said. He shouldn't risk further injury and take a spot away from someone else for a dream match nobody would cry about if it didn't happen. Stay retired, and let someone else shine at WMXX

Guest BionicRedneck
That was then. This is now. I have no respect for wifebeaters.

None.

Yeah, because Austin slapping some women affects his ability to have a good wrestling match.

Also, that is a really close minded view of things if you ask me. In fact, it's down right bullshit. I wouldn't lose respect for someone slapping a women unless he slapped her without a good reason. Sure, if a man comes home and batters his wife for a laugh then he is a shit. But, to condem every man, every where who has ever hit a woman is completely ridiculous. It's just one of the reasons noone takes feminism seriously.

What if Austin came home and Debra acted like a total bitch, called Steve's kids "twats" and threatened to cut of his balls in the middle of the night and sell them on eBay? He didn't have the right to say "Aw fuck off" and give her a slap?

Jeez...it's not like he is a kiddy fiddler or some shit.

That was then. This is now. I have no respect for wifebeaters.

None.

Yeah, because Austin slapping some women affects his ability to have a good wrestling match.

Also, that is a really close minded view of things if you ask me. In fact, it's down right bullshit. I wouldn't lose respect for someone slapping a women unless he slapped her without a good reason. Sure, if a man comes home and batters his wife for a laugh then he is a shit. But, to condem every man, every where who has ever hit a woman is completely ridiculous. It's just one of the reasons noone takes feminism seriously.

What if Austin came home and Debra acted like a total bitch, called Steve's kids "twats" and threatened to cut of his balls in the middle of the night and sell them on eBay? He didn't have the right to say "Aw fuck off" and give her a slap?

Jeez...it's not like he is a kiddy fiddler or some shit.

Uh, no he DOESN'T have that right. If she's talking shit to him that doesn't give him a right to hit a woman. The dude is 250 pounds of muscle and she's 110 soaking wet. You don't see anything wrong with that at all? Hitting a woman is a cowardly thing to do and for you to say that it's ok to do it once in a while is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for your future wife dude

Guest BionicRedneck

Violence against anyone is pretty much wrong, but if Austin beat up a 110 pound man no-one would give a shit, but because he (allegedly) beat up a women for reasons we don't know, and we have no idea how we would react in the same situation, Steve Austin is the scum of the earth.

All I am saying is that it shouldn't be as simple as: Man gets arrested for apparently hitting woman=man is the lowest form of scum.

Violence against anyone is pretty much wrong, but if Austin beat up a 110 pound man no-one would give a shit, but because he (allegedly) beat up a women for reasons we don't know, and we have no idea how we would react in the same situation, Steve Austin is the scum of the earth.

All I am saying is that it shouldn't be as simple as: Man gets arrested for apparently hitting woman=man is the lowest form of scum.

Ok, i see your point. I thought you were condoning it, but i see now that you weren't. I just think any man who hits a woman is a coward and a bully.

Guest Quik

None.

Dude! You just got quote of the week! That shit was hilarious. :lol:

Boo-yah. I'm gonna keep a stranglehold on quote of the week for the next 16 months. Like Austin, I refuse to leave the spotlight.