TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

Benoit: Push to the Gold 2003

Ah, come on. FB'ing shows a poster's individual creativity, something that can be sorely lacking with bandwagon jumping like "HHH SUX PUSH RVD" and (yes, I'll admit) "FUCK GOLDBERG" being more popular here than posting your own idea.

No, YOU DON'T GET IT!!! Every time I FB for Benoit it always turns out BAD FOR BENOIT!!

Guest PowerPB13

Benoit's sudden push simply means that Vince is REALLY trying to suck up to Bret nowadays. Whether or not he gets Da Belt out of the deal is another matter.

I'm not holding my breath.

-Patrick

Don't f@#$ with Nikki Strychnine...

gcwfright46.jpg

Well, Benoit isn't really a protage of Bret Hart.

I'm sure in WCW, Benoit looked up to Bret and asked for advice at some point.

Yeah, like "if you're going to be forced out of a company, make sure you take the belt with you. Advoid being screwed over in the front of the world."

Pfft. Bret probably looked for advice from Benoit...

*Backstage in WCW Locker Room*

Benoit: "The Circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master."

Bret: "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Dynamite: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

- StampedeWars

Well, Benoit isn't really a protage of Bret Hart.

I'm sure in WCW, Benoit looked up to Bret and asked for advice at some point.

Yeah, like "if you're going to be forced out of a company, make sure you take the belt with you. Advoid being screwed over in the front of the world."

I rest my case.

I believe they did that spot in the Benoit vs Lesnar match from the Edmonton house show a little while back.

The one in August? I thought the main event was Angle / Lesnar.

Guest Choken One

They might put the title on him...who knows.

For those who said they would cry if Benoit won...What about when he DID win the World Title and held it for a good whole day?

I was there for Benoit's first world title win and it wasn't special...sure it was because I knew he was gonna be in WWF in 3 weeks.

This reminds me of last years Survivor Series where bps was convinced that RVD would either get the title or get a main event push and wrote a big-ass post explaining the LOGIC as to why it was his time. Then he get eliminated first.

I was a believer then and I'm a believer now. This is Benoit's time. WWE have squandered the chance to properly push so many stars. They HAVE to get it right eventually.

Eventually, yes, the law of averages holds that they WILL get it right.

I just think it's dangerous to assume that this will be that time.

Charisma wins titles, not technicall know-how. Scratch that, charismatic hosses (sorry Eddy) get the lengthy world title reigns. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

I believe they did that spot in the Benoit vs Lesnar match from the Edmonton house show a little while back.

The one in August? I thought the main event was Angle / Lesnar.

I think they are talking about a August/September 2002 house show.

Yeah the Masons do something where the penalty for releasing secrets about the temple rituals is slitting the throat of the loudmouth guy, and as your initiation you have to do the gesture so you know what's coming to you if you fall out of line. And yeah it's a G inside an angle and a compass.

Angle

G for Guerrero

Compass -->other kind of compass-->points north-->Edmonton is north

As you can plainly see, all the great workers are involved in Freemasonry! OMG CONSPIRACY!

Guest Megatron

You all seem to be forgetting one simple fact: Benoit already is a former World Champ. He didn't care to have the belt and split. Don't you think that if being a World champ was so damn important to him that he would have stayed in WCW?

Benoit over Lesnar at the Rumble and then Benoit/Angle at Mania sounds perfect to me.

If they don't want to run with Benoit, then substitute either Cena or Eddie there and it's still all good...

Don't you think that if being a World champ was so damn important to him that he would have stayed in WCW?

Putting the World Title on him was only a bluff to see if he would've stayed.

He didn't.

...and with his original reasons for leaving (Kevin Sullivan returning as head booker), who knows if he would hold ANY title again.

Guest PowerPB13
Eventually, yes, the law of averages holds that they WILL get it right.

WWE has been defying said "law of averages" for quite some time now.

-Patrick

sorry, but i don't see it happening. i don't think vince would job out his golden boy to chris benoit. it looks like they're building a good 2-month feud out of it, but you guys are crazy if you think this will last through the rumble. main eventer/high midcarder feuds in the wwf just do not last that long. he'll get some tv matches and a title match on the ppv, where he'll carry brock to brock's best match yet, but he'll lose.

the only x factor in this i can think of is if they start working together & brock likes benoit SO MUCH (or wants to gain more respect in the locker room) that he insists on losing the title to him.

I think Benoit eventually has to win the belt, Eddie as well. I mean who else can win it on SMDN at this point? Lesnar hasn't drawn a dime since he debuted, Angle has had it too many times with varying results, UT is old and played, and no one else is really ready yet (Cena possibly but he should hold a secondary belt first, in this case the US title). In short, Eddie and Benoit are really the only options that make any sense whatsoever.

People have badmouthed SMDN of late for the lack of wrestling but they've done a lot of nice things storyline wise. To wit:

--Benoit is now a force with Team Angle at Survivor Series, and also getting a subtle, steady push.

--Heyman is a fascinating choice as GM.

--Several people are turning face or heel (Haas/Benjamin, Chavo, Cena) so the card isn't as stagnant.

--Eddie's angle of losing belts and apologizing for his lacking efforts is compelling and surely will lead to something of note besides a Chavo feud. I hope.

SMDN has been a good show for wrestling for over a year now. Thing is the storylines have been mediocre. Now they're building some storylines that can pay off.

Guest Askewniverse
As far as I know, Benoit Vs. Lesnar has NEVER happened.  Prove me wrong. :)

From Cawthon's site:

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Monroe, LA - September 30, 2002

WWE Smackdown! World Champion Brock Lesnar pinned Chris Benoit with the F5.

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Albany, GA - Civic Center - October 26, 2003

WWE Smackdown! World Champion Brock Lesnar pinned Chris Benoit after sustaining a series of back suplexes and eventually reversing into the F5; earlier in the contest, Albert interfered - allowing Lesnar to hit the F5 - but Benoit was able to continue in the match.

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Augusta, GA - Civic Center - October 27, 2003

WWE Smackdown! World Champion Brock Lesnar pinned Chris Benoit with the F5; earlier in the contest, Albert interfered - allowing Lesnar to hit the F5 - but Benoit was able to continue in the match.

Guest Username

my 3 wishes:

- chris benoit winning the wwe championship title

- chris benoit vs kurt angle (special ref: bret hart) at wrestlemania xx

- the wwe releasing a chris benoit dvd

even though the wwe has been absolute crap as of late, if these 3 things happen, i will forever forgive them.

i'd be happy if 2 or even just 1 of these things actually happen.