TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Gungrave

I got this game yesterday and have been been playing it pretty solid. The cutscenes are amazing and the action is non-stop if not sometimes difficult to control. My gripe isnt the short length of the game but at the somewhat awkward control and camera, especially the fact that use have to use L3 for jogging which is really hard to keep up. Although the pros significantly outweigh the cons in the game.

Anybody else played it?

I got this game yesterday and have been been playing it pretty solid. The cutscenes are amazing and the action is non-stop if not sometimes difficult to control. My gripe isnt the short length of the game but at the somewhat awkward control and camera, especially the fact that use have to use L3 for jogging which is really hard to keep up. Although the pros significantly outweigh the cons in the game.

Anybody else played it?

That's my main problem with it too.

I picked it up used for like nine bucks, and it's very much worth it. There's a sequel coming out, no idea when, and the only thing it needs to do is fix the jog button thing and maybe make Grave move a little faster. I mean, I know he's a corpse, but come on.

Love the art-style, though - I'd like to see more games adopt it.

A friend of mine has it and loves it. I didn't play enough to decide anything other than "I want it," though. I ordered a new one for 10 bucks through Bestbuy, but it's on back order.

I just love the special death shots you can do to the bosses, and the character design by Trigun creator Yashiro Nightow (anybody who's seen Trigun Bunji Kugashira is a dead ringer for Wolfwood). Also the voice of Vash (Masaya Onosaka) plays the character Balladbird Lee.

I've also watched some of the new Gungrave anime and its very impressive.

Guest Doomsault

I bought it for $20 at Wal-Mart and I played the crap out of it for about three weeks, trying to beat it faster and with a higher score and on all of the difficulties. I think they should have added a strafing move but I never really had much trouble with the controls besides that.