TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Storm - November 1st!

SWF Storm comes on the air to show none other than Commissioner "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens in his office, examining contracts. As well as this, he has messages from investors to check up on. Such is the life of the SWF Commissioner, and he takes a moment to search through the pile of paperwork on his desk and take a piece of paper out at random and examine it. He blinks once, looking at the little Post-It note. On it is scribbled "Call Back" and a phone number - obviously left by his secretary. Picking up his phone, the Commissioner checks the number again and dials.

"Hello, this is Mark Stevens, Commissioner of the SWF calling. Who am I speaking to?"

"Ah, I see. How have you been?"

"Good to hear. Yes, I saw you watching at Genesis IV. What can I do for you...?"

"I don't know... you've stirred up trouble in the past. What with your records and all.."

"I know, I know, people change and all that, but how can I really tell?"

"True, I could give him a call and ask."

The Commissioner leans back in his chair, eyeing the knee brace he wears just for a moment as he listens to whoever it is on the other end of the line. He looks thoughtful, then blinks and leans forward a little at something the individual on the other end says.

"You've made arrangements? You know I can't just authorise you without consideration of your abilities or anything like that...who'd you arrange it with?"

"Dace? Dace Night? I see...I'll tell you what. I'll have a talk with Dace...how does a trial match with him in a show or two sound? Good? Right, I'll talk to you later. Bye."

Mark Stevens hangs up the phone and looks at it for a moment, leaning back in his chair and shaking his head. Old timers and retirees had begun showing up again as of late - Erek Taylor and Xstasy being the most recent. And this was just another superstar looking to get back into the big time. Musing to himself, he looked through the paperwork and folders on his desk for a file. Noting that it wasn't on his desk, he hit a buzzer on his desk.

"Yes, Commissioner?" his secretary said through the buzzer.

"Get someone to bring Dace to my office, would you?"

"Yessir..."

The camera fades out on Grand Slam looking at a folder that we can't see the label of...

Card:

Singles Match

Erek Taylor vs. Jay Dawg

To say that the Commish was unimpressed with Taylor's last outing would be an understatement. Well, if Taylor wants to get his shot at Strangler, he bloody well pull out an honest wrestling match here against the veteran Jay Dawg!

Singles Match

Bastion v. Xero

Of course, the Commish wasn't exactly impressed with Bastion either. Let's see if he can wrestle too, against perennial jobber Xero. If he loses, not only will he feel the shame of falling to the X-Man, but he will also lose his ICTV title shot against his friend(?) Xstasy.

Tag Team Match

The Boston Strangler and Dace Night vs. Michael Craven and Va'iaga

Well, TBS is still in something of a funk, and the Commissioner has had just about enough. To fix it, Strangler will get to face two of the most vicious men in the federation... the Maori Badass and the King of Nightmares! But he will not be alone. No, in his corner will be the High Priest of Horrorcore! A more trustworthy partner could not be found, and more importantly if Strangler tries any of the non-violent crap his own partner will not hesitate to tap his head like a beer keg. Should we throw out the fact that this is also the first meeting in the ring of former tag partners and stable mates of Dace and Va'aiga? No, I didn't think so.

Hardcore Gamers Title Match

Wildchild vs. "The Sinner" John Duran

Special Guest Commentator: Johnny Dangerous

Wildchild is free, but things in his life may have gotten a bit more complicated last show. Johnny Dangerous ran out from the back to make the save against Justice and Rule, but Wildchild's reception of this was understandably mixed. Well, Dangerous has been invited to ringside to explain his actions as his onetime tag partner defends his hardcore title against the always formidable John Duran! His tag partner has vanished into the ether, so John decided that the time has come for some individual glory! Can the Bahama Bomber hold off the juggernaut that is "The Sinner?"

Singles Match

Ejiro Fasaki vs. "Judge Mental" William Hearford

The Commissioner saw it coming, but was powerless to prevent it. Justice and Rule has once again risen to dominate the tag division, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Well, the Commish can try to crack the foundations of this effective, if evil, tag dynasty by forcing them into combat against each other, and hoping that the idiosyncracies and foibles exposed will be enough to tear them apart and allow another more virtuous tag team to pick up the pieces!

Storm returns from the early commercial and already, the scene heads right into the action. The ring is ready to have blood spilled as "Numb" fades away from the ears of the packed house in the Five Seasons Center in Ames, Iowa. Erek Taylor marches down the ramp and it is his mere presence that ignites the deafening boos that rumbles the arena. The most hated man in the Federation now rolls into the ring.

"The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Anaheim, California, he weighs in at 180 pounds.... EREK! TAYLORRR!!!" Funyon announces.

"Erek Taylor, the recipient of a thought out punishment by the Commissioner himself," Comet says. "Feeding this young and cocky evildoer to the Hardcore Maniac should snap some sense into this once fan favorite."

"Punishment? Marky Mark is just feeding Jay Dawg to the always ready Erek Taylor."

"If he's so ready, Robert, then why hasn't he won a match since he came back?"

"He doesn't want to waste his skills on people he doesn't care about. He's said it before, he is back to get revenge on the Boston Strangler. Nobody else."

"That cocky attitude is exactly the reason why he's being put in this match."

"This won't last 5 minutes, Comet."

Erek Taylor never removes his gear. He is still clad in his jumpsuit. The Wonder Kid pulls on the ropes, loosening up as multiple explosions rocks the stage. The lights instantly go out, and right on cue-

"THIS

IS

MAH

HOUSE!!!!"

The voice screams the phrase and it echoes inside. "Du Haste" begins to pound the speakers with its heavy beat as Jay Dawg emerges from the back to a mixed reaction.

"And his opponent, from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, he weighs in at 243 pounds.... JAY DAWG!!!!!!!" Funyon retreats his mic back into his coat and exits the ring as Sexton Hardcastle steps to the center of the squared circle, ready to officiate the match. Erek calmly sits down and crosses his feet. He takes a big yawn and ignites another wave of boos.

"Look at that smirk. He is not even taking Jay Dawg seriously."

"What do you expect, Comet?"

Jay Dawg slides into the ring and makes a move towards the relaxed Taylor, only to get restrained by the referee. Erek gets up on his feet and walks towards the edge of the ring, leaning against the ropes and taunting the fans in the front row. Hardcastle demands order and Jay Dawg stomps his foot on the canvas as if to say "Let's get this over with". Erek turns and achknowledges that he's ready and the official performs a slash between the two, signaling the bell to ring and the match to begin.

Ding ding ding!!!

"Here we go. Five minutes of Erek kicking Jay Dawg's ass," Riley says. "The only thing missing would be popcorn."

The two fighters begin to circle the ring. JD has his hands ready to block any attack while Erek casually circles the ring. JD lunges towards the Wonder Kid, but Erek is quick to respond, ducking under JD's arms and driving a knee right into the midsection of the Hardcore Maniac. Erek carries on, grabbing hold of JD's arm and twisting it into a wristlock. JD tries to rip his arm away, but Erek renders that attempt useless by making one more round with JD's arm. The wristlock is tightening, but JD never waivers. He pulls Erek in and knees the Wonder Kid. Erek staggers back, but JD pulls him in again and lets Erek's body drift over his shoulders before he hoists the Wonder Kid in the air and planting him into the canvas with the second half of the fallaway slam.

"Nice counter by Jay Dawg. Citizen Taylor should get his head into the match before he adds another loss to his record sheet."

"Not like it matters, Comet. He's won so many matches before that he'd still have a winning record."

"Every match counts, Robert."

JD hooks the leg for the cover but Erek kicks out before the first count can even be counted. Both combatants rise to their feets. Both are still fresh, and right off the bat, JD connects with a fierce right that sends Erek staggering a few steps back. Erek catches his balance and blocks the next attempt before countering with a stiff kick to the stomach. JD gets knocked back and Erek races in, leaping into the air and bringing both his legs over and decking the Hardcore Maniac with a jumping wheel kick. Erek kicks up and lands back on his feet as JD gets to his knees, showing the vitality that has made him a legend, albeit an unpopular one. He meets the Maniac with a punch from the right side. JD gets his head knocked around, and Erek uses his leverage to continue the assault, raining down fierce rights as he pushes JD down to the ground and mounts himself on the Maniac's chest. With the right hand punching away, Erek circles his left hand around JD's neck and chokes away.

"Flying Morale! Except there was no flying."

"There's also no morals involved either, Citizen Riley."

"Do you ever get tired of saying 'Citizen', Comet?"

"Not at all, Citizen Riley."

"You are one strange man."

JD gets held down from the pressure and only bails out when the referee counts the hold out. Erek backs up and JD pulls himself back up.

"Come on you washed up hick!" Erek yells out, loud enough for the arena to hear. The taunt instantly sparks JD, who races forward and shoves Erek into the corner. The fans begin to cheer as JD decks Erek with a punch. Not just any punch, too, but a closed fist one! The punch instantly leaves a bruise on Erek's right cheek and Hardcastle can do nothing about it but demand that JD not use that tactic. JD tries for another punch, but Erek blocks it and clocks Jay Dawg with a punch to the nose! Blood begins to ooze down but Erek doesn't stop, grabbing hold of JD's wrist and hurling him into the corner. He measures the maniac up before lashing out, delivering a hard chop across JD's chest!

"WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Another chop. SMACK!

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Erek grabs hold of JD's wrist and hurls him to the ropes. JD rebounds, and immediately tries to counter, throwing a hard forearm across the air. He connects and sends Erek twisting in the air before gravity takes over and pulls the Wonder Kid to the ground.

"Nice comeback attack by the Hardcore maniac," Comet says. "Erek must take his game up a notch to keep this interesting."

"I couldn't agree more. This is like watching the Lakers toy with the Nuggets. Rightfully so since JD looks like a nugget."

JD grabs hold of Erek's hair and drags him up. With his hand tightly circled around Erek's wrist, JD walks under it and applies the wrist lock before positioning himself behind Erek with the police arm hold. JD uses his free arm and hooks it around Erek's neck, and tries to apply the sleeper but Erek battles back, driving mad elbows backwards, and nails JD in the face. JD's grip is loosened and he staggers back as Erek leaps into the air, spinning the complete 180 degrees and nailing JD in the face with a high wheel kick. Erek pops back up, and he goes over to JD, mounting himself on the Maniac and punching away. JD blocks the attacks, and uses his knee to push Erek off, allowing him a window of opportunity to get back up. Erek races right back into the fray, and JD tackles him down at the stomach. JD doesn't get a chance to get up, as Erek uses his legs to hook around JD's back and his arms are holding JD in the front facelock.

"Since this match is as boring as Comet's mom," Riley quips, "I'm going to drift off."

"How interesting since it was your mother that went drunk and tried to hit on the waiters at the last SWF staff party."

"You said you'd never mention that again!"

JD starts fighting out of the trap, punching Erek in the side until finally, the high flyer gives into the pressure. JD takes a breath, and he advances towards Erek. But the Wonder Kid is quick to react, thrusting his fingers forward and nailing JD in the eyes. JD is momentarily paralyzed, and Erek quickly takes advantage, sliding through JD's legs until he is behind the Hardcore Maniac. Erek turns around and rolls JD over in the cradle.

ONE!!!

TWO!!! Without the referee looking, Erek places both his legs on the second rope.

"WAIT! Referee, look at that!" Comet yells. But it's too late as Hardcastle counts......

THREE!!

Ding ding ding!

Erek gets the win and rolls out of the ring as soon as possible. He chuckles as he backs up the ramp, taunting JD even more as "Numb" begins to play over the PA.

"Your winner..... Erek Taylor!!!!!" Funyon finishes his job, for this match, at least.

"Well that was short."

"It was intended to be short, you superhero moron."

"Up next: Bastion vs Xero."

"Otherwise known as 5 more minutes of sleep time."

“Welcome back to SWF Storm!” greets SWF resident journalist Ben Hardy, standing in front of the Storm backdrop some where in the back bowels of the arena. The camera quickly pans to the right, revealing the United States Heavyweight Champion - Johnny Dangerous! He is dressed in a tight fitting short sleeved black shirt with black slacks, and of course black alligator shoes as always. After a moment, the crowd recognizes the Barracuda, and pops beautifully.

“We are here today to hopefully answer a few pressing questions.” Hardy turns towards Johnny and continues: “Several shows ago you returned to the SWF with a new contract, immediately challenged then current SWF United States Heavyweight Champion Ejiro Fasaki to a title match as well as for the freedom of your former Tag Team partner Wildchild. We all know the outcome of that match. You, Johnny Dangerous, came out victorious, winning the title and freeing Wildchild from his contractual obligations to Ejiro Fasaki.”

The crowd lets out a good sized cheer for mention of the fall of Ejiro Fasaki. They were glad to have finally heard the last of the National Anthem when Fasaki decided to stroll down to ringside.

“Then on Smarkdown,” Hardy continues, “it seemed as though Justice and Rule were inches from putting Wildchild through another table, but you came out and saved the Bahama Bomber from such a cruel fate. I think the people want to know your intentions.”

“My intentions?” ask Johnny as Hardy points the microphone towards Johnny’s mouth. Hardy nods to reaffirm his question. “I think my intentions are quite clear, Ben. I know what I have done. I know the sufferings Wildchild went through as a result of my poor judgment, and I know how I must have hurt the fans. It was a part of my life that I wish I could erase, but I know I can’t. All I can do is try and prove myself to everyone again. Never in the entire time that I have been in the SWF or the SJL was I ever able to be who I really am. Everyone knows that I am a Secret Agent for the United States, and that I was on a mission. Now, I am free of any official government missions, and I can show everyone the real Johnny Dangerous! I no longer even have to wear a suit as you can see, which by the way you would not believe have much more freedom I have without it! This is Johnny Dangerous like it should be, free to do whatever I want. I have quite a bit of personal leave time built up so I can stay for quite a while!”

“To answer your question, Ben, my intentions are vengeance. Vengeance for Wildchild and myself against Justice and Rule!”

Again the crowd cheers.

“Vengeance?” says Bobby quite mockingly. “What kind of hero seeks out Vengeance? What ever happened to turning the other cheek?”

“Well, Bobby,” Comet replies. “this is the real world. Now would you be quiet and let him talk?”

“What about Va’aiga,” says Hardy, “the Maori Badass who has a shot at your United States Title? Are you ready to defend against the man who has looked nothing short of impressive since Genesis?”

“Va’aiga can take his shot whenever he wants it.” Johnny responds. “I stare in the face of any challenge that comes my way. He may be on quite the roll, but he hasn’t faced me yet, now has he?”

Hardy pulls back the microphone, but Johnny snatches it away. “Enough of these questions, Ben. Tonight I want to send a message out, a message to Judge Mental. Are you listening Bill?”

The camera centers in on Johnny, taking Hardy completely out.

“I want you to know that you will pay for what you have done. You thought you have destroyed Wild and Dangerous, and you thought you could get rid of me. I have news for you, Bill... I’m still here, and there is nothing you can do about it. I am no longer confined by my duties to the Government, so there are no more games you can play.”

“You should have thought about what you were doing before you tried, Bill, because now it’s going to play hell on you! Right here and now, I am challenging you to a match. However, I’m not stupid. I know that Ejiro would come down with you to ring side, and I also know that Ejiro would manage to get himself involved. PLUS, I know Ejiro had something if not just as much to do with this as YOU, Bill. So that’s why I am challenging the two of you at once! That’s right.... Johnny Dangerous versus Justice and Rule.”

Johnny lowers the microphone and begins to walk off. “Oh!” he says snapping his finger. Johnny turns back towards the camera. “I almost forgot. Johnny Dangerous and a partner of my choosing versus Justice and Rule for the SWF Tag Team Championship! The same very titles that you destroyed Wild and Dangerous over, Bill. Let’s see if you can back up all the trash your mouth talks!”

“The ball is in your... court.”

as we:

FADE OUT.

“ATTEN-CHUUUUUUNNNNN!!!”

Red spotlights begin to slowly make their way from the far end of the arena towards the stage, and reach there just as the speakers bellow…

“So I'm outside of da club and you think I'm a puuuuuuuunk!!”

”So I go to my loaded tech 9 that's off in the truuuuuuuunk!!”

“I told you muthafuckas…I ain’t never scared!”

And as the remix of “Never Scared” by Bone Crusher pounds into the heads of all in attendence, Bastion walks confidently onto the stage to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

(Comet) – Welcome back to Storm good citizens, and we’re all set to see the monster Bastion take on the veteran Xero! And, much to our delight, we have been joined by none other than the Perfect Drug himself…the reigning ICTV Champion, Xstasy…How goes it X?

(X) – It’s going great Comet. I can’t really complain…I have gold around my waist, and I’m back out here doing what I love to do in front of the people I love. What’s better than that?

(Comet) – Only the world title I suppose…

(X) – Don’t worry about that Comet. I’ve got plans for that…and while I question some of the decisions on who’s been getting shots at Tom lately, I know that the people…the fans that love the SWF…and the fans the love to feel the joy of X…will take me to the top of the mountain where I was destined to be.

(Riley) – Yeah, but doesn’t it piss you off that people like Erek Taylor was given a shot before you?

(Funyon) – Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for ONE FALL! Now introducing, making his way to the ring, weighing in at 385 pounds…from the nation’s capitol, Washington, DC…BAAAAAAASSSSSTION!!!!

Bastion starts his decent to the ring while Xero backs up to the far ropes and begins to bounce around to warm up.

(X) – Come on Riley…you know me. It’s all about having a good time out here with these great fans…if I can’t have fun, there’s no point in being here.

(Comet) – That’s a mature attitude to take…but what about this guy coming to the ring right now. You’ve gotta know him pretty well, having grown up with his older brother…

(X) – B? Yeah…I know him pretty well. B and I go way back…he’s a good kid…a bit misunderstood…but he’s a good kid. Well, he’s my age, so I probably shouldn’t call him a kid, but I don’t understand all the fuss about this guy. He’s a great athlete…and he’s gonna do wonders for this fed.

(Riley) – But, aren’t you at all nervous about the fact that you’re gonna have to step into the ring with that beast for the ICTV title soon?

(X) – Hahahaha…You know damn well Riley that the Perfect Drug ain’t scared of nothing. Like I said…I have much respect for Bastion…and believe me, he’ll crush just about everyone in this federation…but fear doesn’t factor in at all. In fact, I look forward to when B and I can get in the ring cause I know we’re gonna absolutely tear the house down.

As X directs the commentators towards the ring where Bastion is sliding under the bottom rope, while Xero has his back turned waiting for the bell. Referee Sexton Hardcastle slides into the ring just as Bastion gets to his feet, and once up, Bastion starts towards Xero at a fevered pitch, and just as Xero turns around…

WHAM!!!

…HE IS SPEARED THROUGH THE ROPES AND TO THE FLOOR BELOW!!

(X) – OH SHHHHH…

(Comet) – Holy cow!!! The B-Line from Bastion right off the break!! Xero might be broken in half!!

(Riley) – He sure ain’t feeling too good about that B-Line, I can tell you that.

DING DING DING

The bell seems meaningless at this point as Bastion falls out of the ring as well, but gets to his feet quickly. He grabs Xero up, having to completely support the veteran who’s legs don’t seem to be with him. Bastion turns and sees Xstasy sitting at the announce table, and releases Xero to take a long, confused look at X.

(Riley) – Uh oh.

(Comet) – Oh shoot…could we see these two go at it? We thought they might go after each other last week, but it didn’t happen…but now Bastion is the #1 contender…and X is the champion.

However, X gives Bastion smile and mouths the words, “yeah nigga…”, leaving Bastion even more confused. Bastion reaches down and garbs Xero again and shoves him back into the ring.

(Comet) – What was that all about?

(X) – Nothin’ really…Just showin’ da nigga some love, that’s it.

(Riley) – Oh.

(Comet) – I thought it was about to come to blows there…

(X) – See, that’s the problem…everyone sees Bastion and either they start panicking cause they’re scared…or the run…or they talk smack about him or pretend he’s just some dumb animal…and the fact is…he’s a person…a person with an amazing amount of talent. You gotta respect him…and if you respect him…he’ll respect you.

After standing tall in the ring, Bastion thrusts Xero into a standing head scissors, flips him up for a powerbomb and brings him down…

BAM!

…and back up…

BAM!

…and up one more time…

KAAAAAAA-BAAAAAMMM!!!

(Comet) – OH!!! Third Offense! Third Offense! It’s over…if it wasn’t over before, it’s over now.

(Riley) – Wow…how embarrassing for Xero…that was less than a minute.

Bastion places one foot on Xero and Hardcastle makes the count…

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

DING DING DING

(Funyon) – Your winner…at 1:09, BAAAAASSTIOOOONNNNN!!!

(X) – I told ya he’d destroy Xero…

(Comet) – That you did X…

(X) – Well, thanks for having me guys…I gotta go congratulate B on the win.

X leaves the booth and slides under the bottom rope to a very surprised Bastion who simply watches the Perfect Drug with wide eyes. X walks over to Funyon and kindly askes to borrow his mic, meanwhile, the fans are losing their minds, but Bastion seems to be tormented by his own head.

(X) – Yo…B…that was tight! Bam…B-Line…BAM…Third Offense! What do all of you think (turning to the fans)…how tight was that?

The fans cheer…mainly cause X told them to, but still…

(X) – Ok…so, how about this…who do y’all think will walk away with the ICTV title when Bastion and the Perfect Drug step into the ring?

“XSTASY!”

“XSTASY!”

“XSTASY!”

“XSTASY!”

X shrugs at Bastion and gives him a little smirk.

(X) – I’m telling you B…ain’t nothin’ like performing in front of all these great people, right?

Bastion says nothing, but instead, clinches his fists and watches X stir the crowd up.

(X) – And yo…I know when we step into the ring…just like me and Thugg back in the day, I know we gonna tear the house down cuz. So how about this…how about we take it up a notch and make it Bastion versus Xstasy…

…for the ICTV Title…

ON ASHES 2 ASHES!!

The fans cheer again…

(X) – BUT…heh heh heh…it’s gonna take more than runnin’ to the ring, hittin’ ya finishers and gettin’ the pin to take this title yo. But you know that, so I ain’t even gotta say no more…

SMACK!

But before Xstasy can finish, Bastion finally snaps and slaps on a one handed choke, and Xstasy drops the microphone.

(Riley) – Finally!

(Comet) – Oh no! The short-lived mutual respect is over…it’s on now!

However, unlike every other person who has been about to go for the ride, Xstasy doesn’t start to flail his arms…he doesn’t start to scream “no”…he doesn’t beg for his life…and he doesn’t call Bastion all kinds of names…

No.

Xstasy just stares right into Bastion’s eyes…nothing but a stare…a stare that shows the world that he’s not afraid…He ain’t never scared.

(Riley) – What’s Bastion waiting for? Do it already…come on…BAM! Untamed…DO IT!

Much to Riley’s dismay, Bastion, after staring back at Xstasy for what seems like forever, puts the much smaller man back down on the canvas. The two stare at each other for another moment before X turns around to pick up the mic, where he looks out at the crowd, wipes his brow, and whispers, “Whew!”.

(X) – That’s right B! Now I know yo feelin’ me…and you know I’m feelin’ you…and I know you gonna bring all that…everything we just saw here and more…you’re gonna bring it. And you know what? I want you to bring it…the people want you to bring it…Bring it all..bring the B-Line…bring the Third Offense…bring the goddamn Thugg Passion…cause you know what? I’m gonna bring it! I’m steppin’ into that ring with everything I got…and to top it off…I’ll have the will of the people behind me! And when all is said and done on Ashes 2 Ashes…when the Perfect Drug’s hand is raised in the air…you (looking at the fans now) will feel…

“ALL THE JOY OF X”

(X) – X-actly!

Xstasy’s music hits the speakers and fans go nuts as the smaller of the two men leaves the ring, leaving the large standing there contemplating not only the actions of Xstasy and the match set for Ashes 2 Ashes…but also his own actions. But he knows…come the PPV…there’ll be no letting go…and ain’t no damn stare gonna save Xstasy from becoming the next victim of The Beast, Bastion.

Fade to commercial.

Once again the image fades into the image of Commissioner Mark Stevens’ door as Dace Night moves down the from the sectary’s office. The camera follows behind him as Dace opens the door and steps into the Commissioner’s Office. Glancing up from the paper work on his desk, Mark smiles slowly.

“You wanted to see me Mark?” Dace questions.

“Indeed I did. I’ve received a call about certain agreements..”

“Is everything ok with them Mark? He said he’d call to check.”

“Everything’s fine. Providing you can look after him. I don’t want to risk any problems, but I don’t doubt you can take measure if anything where to get out of hand.” Mark says as Dace nods slowly.

“I’ve got it all in hand, transport arrangements and all. Have you got a match set up for his return?” Horrorcore questions.

“I’ve said he can have one against you in a show or two. Does that sound alright to you Dace?”

“That’ll be perfect Mark, it’ll fight right in.”

“Are you planning something Mr. Night, without telling your boss?” Mark asks slowly.

“Nothing grand, or that you’d need to worry about. Just upgrading some heavy gear.” Dace replies with a half chuckle.

“Heh, very well then, I shall leave it in your hands. But see to it that you report me and keep me update. That will be all thank you.”

“I will do Mark, don’t worry.”

With a nod Dace turns around and steps back out of the office and Commissioner Stevens studies the profile on the desk infront of him.

The camera returns to SWF Storm as Funyon stands in the ring, mike in hand ready to announce the next match.

Funyon: “The following Tag Team Match will be for One Fall…”

RRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Funyon: “Introducing firstly, at a combined weight of five hundred and fifty five pounds … THE BOSTON STRANGLER and DACE F’N’ NIGHT!”

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

The opening chords of Godzilla roll across the Five Seasons Center as a huge burst of white pyro lights up the stage as words flash across the screen. At the top of the ramp, TBS and Dace Night walk out and make their way slowly towards the ring. Strangle still has that same expression on his face from the last few shows as Dace silently urges him on with nods and calling the fans to Strangler’s support as they climb into the ring.

TBS! TBS! TBS! TBS!

Comet: “Look at Dace and the fans trying to put some fighting spirit back into Strangler, like true citizens. Let’s hope they can help this man.”

Riley: “Please, if being stuck in the ring with Va’aiga isn’t going to make Strangler fight for his life, he deservers to get his ass kicked more than ever!”

Funyon: “And their opponents, weight in at five hundred and eighty nine pounds … ‘THE KING OF NIGHTMARES’ MICHAEL CRAVEN and ‘THE MAORI BADASS’ VA’AIGA!”

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO!

“WHAT’S MY NAME?”

The Haka Te Ra beats into life over the Bringing the Pain bassline as Va’aiga strides down the darkened ramp under red strobing lights as Michael Craven follows at a wary distance, not wanting to do anything to anger his Maori partner. Climbing into the ring and throwing off his robe, Va’aiga screams out the final HI as the crowd boos on and Craven simply flexes in the corner. Glaring across the ring, Va’aiga’s eyes burn holes in Dace as Strangler just stands in the corner, showing hardly any expression.

VA-ING-UH SUCKS! VA-ING-UH SUCKS! VA-ING-UH SUCKS!

Riley: “Mwahaha, this is what I like to see. Va’aiga’s about to rip a new hole for both Strangler and Dace. This day is turning out to be very good indeed.”

Comet: “I wouldn’t be so sure about that Citizen Riley.”

Riley: “Please Comet. Dace has got a partner that doesn’t want to fight. While Va’aiga is ready to kill anyone you throw infront of him.”

Soapdish slides into the ring and looks slowly across from one side of the ring to the other at the two teams. As Dace gives Strangler at slap on the shoulder and a forced grin, he turns back to see Michael Craven heading towards the middle of the ring as Va’aiga simply stands in his corner and glares.

DING, DING, DING!

YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Shooting off the mark, the King of Nightmares lashes out a low boot towards Night’s mid section but Night grabs hold of it and swings Craven around only to duck a wild Haymaker like Clothesline that threatened to readjust his teeth. Slamming his knee up into the Chimera’s gut, doubling him over. Slapping on a Front Facelock, Horrorcore looks to spike Craven with a quick DDT but the Chimera locks his arms around Dace’s mid section. Driving his weight forwards, half forcing Night towards the ropes, half trying to haul him off the mat. Kicking his feet and forcing his weight down across Michael’s shoulder, Dace lands back of the mat just as the Chimera forces him back into the ropes and shoots him across the ring with a snap.

Riley: “See, Craven’s already got control. This is going to be over before it’s even started.”

Slamming his boot into Night’s gut as he flies back across the ring, Craven doubles him over before taking a step backwards. Leaping into the air, the Chimera scissors his legs down, aiming to drive his heel into the back of Dace’s head but Horrorcore throws his upper body back and upwards at the last moment. The kick slices past Night face, barely missing before he throws himself forwards with a wild Lariat. This time Craven ducks the wild blow and slips into a Rear Waistlock. Snapping his elbows backwards into Michael’s ribs, Dace shoves him backwards, out of the Rear Waistlock. Spinning on his heel, Horrorcore drills his left arm into Craven’s chest with a Western Lariat that takes him off his feet and ploughs him into the mat with bone splitting force.

RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Quickly shifting into a quick cover, Dace forces all his weight onto Michael Craven’s shoulder.

……ONE!

……TWO!

……TWO AND A QUARTER!

…..NO!

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comet: “Western Lariat! Citizen Night just about craven in the Chimera’s chest with that one.”

Riley: “Yes, but Va’aiga just stomped a mud hole in Dace’s head to break up the cover.”

Rolling to his feet, slowly fingering the swelling at the back of his head, Dace glares into the eyes of his former partner. Glaring back from under the tattoo’s that cover his face, Va’aiga just raises his fist as Soapdish steps between the pair and yells at the Maori Badass to get back into his corner.

Riley: “I think Strangler’s chicken phase is rubbing off on Dace as well. He’s afraid to fight Va’aiga.”

As Va’aiga slowly turns at marches back towards his corner, Dace clenches and unclenches his fists. Behind his back, Craven rolls to his feet and takes advantage of an open target.

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

While the Referee’s back is still turned, Michael lunges forwards from a crouch and slams his arm up between Night’s legs with a low blow. Spinning him around and ducking his body, the Chimera pops the Hardcore Goth across his shoulders. Pausing for a moment before swinging Night’s body out towards the centre of the ring, the King of Nightmares sits out and drops Night on the back of his head with a Craven Driver.

Comet: “That dastardly cheat Michael Craven slips in a low blow while Referee Soapdish had his back turned.”

Riley: “He’s taken advantage of a situation. It’s Dace Night’s fault for leaving a door open like that Comet.”

Hooking Night’s leg and pulling it back over his body, Craven makes a cover as Soapdish slides in along side to count the fall.

……ONE!

……TWO!

…….TWO AND A QUARTER!

NO!

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Almost dream like, The Boston Strangler climbs out of his corner and paces across the ring, slamming his boot into the back of Craven’s head to break up the pinfall and save his partner.

Riley: “Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. Strangler’s to chicken to fight but he’ll save his partner. Isn’t that just grand.”

Springing back to his feet, the King of Nightmares charges across the ring after Strangler. Diving after him and slamming a Forearm Smash into the back of his head, Craven rains down a hail of lefts and rights, hammering TBS’ head and back as the big man tries to cover up and doesn’t even fight back.

CRAVEN SUCKS! CRAVEN SUCKS! CRAVEN SUCKS!

Soapdish moves in to drag the Chimera off but Night races back to his feet and surprising Craven from behind, spins him around and drills an Elbow Smash into his jaw.

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Holding a dazed Craven by the head, Dace forces his face infront of Stranglers and yells at him. Saying think it’s Erek. Saying to hit him. Saying do whatever it takes, think what you think. But saying, just hit the fucker. A the words force a flash of reaction from behind The Boston Strangler’s eyes and just for a moment old habit returns and his huge right hand rockets through the air and hammers into Craven’s jaw like a truck.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TBS! TBS! TBS! TBS!

Comet: “Craven once again shows himself to be a coward, attacking Citizen Strangler after he makes the save, but Citizen Night comes to Strangler’s rescue.”

Riley: “Bah. Strangler can’t fight his own battles anymore. Even with Dace’s help, he’s still done for.”

Ducking his body out onto the apron for a moment, TBS grabs the tag rope as Dace slaps his hand, making the tag. With renewed fire for the moment at least, Strangler steps into the ring, taking hold of Michael Craven. Launching him off with one arm, Strangler holds on and drags him back in, snapping his head back with a Clothesline. Keeping his grip on the Chimera’s arm, TBS clamps on a Front Facelock and raises his free arm in the arm. Twisting around, he slams the point of his elbow down into the back of Craven’s head, dropping him to the mat. Rolling him over and hooking his legs, Strangler makes a cover as Dace cheers on from his corner.

……ONE!

……TWO!

……TWO AND A QUARTER!

…..Kickout!

BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comet: “Could this be the return of Strangler’s fighting spirit that he needs so badly?”

The King of Nightmare’s rolls a shoulder to escape the cover from the three hundred pounds of Boston native on top of him and tries to struggle back to his feet. Even as a huge pair of arms encircle his body and lock tight in a vice like death grip of a Bearhug. Thrashing around madly, Craven tries to crawl his way free of the hold as he slowly squeezes every last drop of air from his body. Swinging his arms over head, he rains in rights, lefts and Forearm Blows to the face of The Boston Strangler, snapping his head one way and the other. Rather than clamping down on the hold to cut of Michael’s attacks, Strangler just stands there, taking blow after blow, his eyes almost glazed over once more.

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO!

Riley: “What was that you where saying about Fighting Spirit Comet? Strangler’s still a pussy!”

Finally forcing Strangler’s arms apart, the Chimera drops back to the mat, clutching at his ribs for a moment. When Strangler makes no move to attack, the King of Nightmares slips behind him and drags his head back into an Inverted Facelock. Swinging his body around, spinning Strangler with him, Craven lands an Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker, dropping TBS to the mat. Hauling TBS along the mat with him, Craven moves into his corner and extends his hand towards the Maori Badass. Tagging Craven’s hand, Va’aiga ducks into the ring and shoves Craven without a second look. Grabbing hold of Strangler, Va’aiga unleashes his attack.

The first Left Cross slams into Strangler’s jaw.

Va’aiga: “FIGHT ME!”

The second Left Cross follows in.

The third crashes home.

Kissing his right fist a winding it back it, Va’aiga drills a huge right hook into Strangler’s jaw that smashes him from his feet.

Va’aiga: “BOO-YAH!”

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comet: “The Maori Badass with that brutal Punch Combo and Strangler is taking it like a human punching bag!”

Riley: “That’s because Strangler IS a human punching bag Comet. It’s all he’s good for.”

Hauling Strangle back to his feet, Va’aiga scoops him up almost effortlessly and dumps Strangler to the mat with a Scoop Slam that shakes the ring at the impact. Dropping down on top of him, the Maori Badass makes a cover.

……ONE!

……TWO!

……TWO AND A QUARTER!

NO!

Diving across the ring, Dace drills both fists into Va’aiga’s back to break up the cover. Va’aiga climbs to his feet and stares Dace in the eye. Dace stares back at him. Surging forwards, the Maori Badass grabs his former partner by the shoulders and smashes his head into Night’s face. His head snaps back but Dace launches it back forwards and cracks it into Va’aiga’s face with a Headbutt of his own.

RRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Comet: “Va’aiga and Dace just broke out into a Headbutt war. This two are coming to blows for the first time.”

Riley: “This is what I like to see. Va’aiga’s going to rip him apart.”

Smashing another Headbutt into Horrorcore’s face before driving a knee into his mid section, Va’aiga scoops an arm between his legs and drags Dace up into the air before dropping backing and spiking him to the mat with a Southern Lights Bomb. Sprinting back to his feet, Va’aiga returns to the still dazed and sluggish TBS. Pulling the Boston native into a Rear Waistlock, meeting no resistance, Va’aiga snaps his body back and launches TBS through the air and into the mat with a Release German Suplex.

BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO!

VA-ING-UH SUCKS! VA-ING-UH SUCKS! VA-ING-UH SUCKS!

Moving back into his corner, Va’aiga tags Craven back in and jerks his head towards the prone Strangler, telling him to finish the job. Craven grabs Strangler’s legs and pulls them over his body, grabbing a handful of tights, almost like a school boy as he makes a cover while Dace is still struggling to recover from the Southern Lights Bomb on the other side of the ring.

Soapdish dives into place, the handful of tights hidden from view by Craven’s body.

……ONE!

……TWO!

……TWO AND A QUARTER!

……TWO AND A HALF!

……TWO AND THREE QUARTERS!

…..KICKOUT!

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comet: “Strangler isn’t in any mood to fight and just got planted with a Release German Suplex, but even with a handful of tights, Michael Craven can’t keep him down for the three count!”

Forcing himself back up, the Chimera half drags Strangler to his feet. Looping his arms under TBS’s shoulders and looking them at the back of his neck, the King of Nightmares clamps on a Full Nelson and breaks into a run, dragging TBS behind him. Leaping from his feet and diving into the mat, Craven smashes Strangler’s face into the mat with a Full Nelson Bulldog. Rolling him over, Craven hooks his legs and makes another cover.

……ONE!

……TWO!

……TWO AND A QUARTER!

……TWO AND A HALF!

……TWO AND THREE QUARTERS!

KICKOUT!

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Out on the ring apron, Dace drags himself up to his feet, looking out across the ring to see The Boston Strangler kicking out once more. Slamming his fist into the top turnbuckle, Dace tries to rally the fans behind TBS. The Chimera slams the mat in frustration before. Wrenching Strangler up from the mat, Craven drills a boot into his gut, doubling him over.

STOMP! STOMP! TBS! TBS! STOMP! STOMP! TBS! TBS!

Ducking his shoulders into TBS’ chest, the Chimera hauls him up across his shoulders.

Comet: “Full Nelson Bulldog, but it’s still not enough. Now Dace Night has recovered, they might just win this match!”

Riley: “Please Comet, Craven is about hit the Gulf Coast Crunch and it’s all gonna be over!”

Swinging Strangler’s legs out behind him, Michael clutches onto his neck but TBS desperately grabs onto the ropes to his side and lands with his feet on the mat. Craven spins around only to have a huge hand clasp around his throat as TBS’s guts kick back in once again. Dragging the struggling Chimera up into the air, Strangler drives him down, hard into the mat with a huge Chokeslam.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comet: “Chokeslam from Citizen Strangler!”

Riley: “Nooooo!”

Stumbling back towards his corner, TBS reaches out and Dace tags his hand, leaping through the ropes and back into the ring. Across the ring, Va’aiga lets out a roar and breaks into a charge across the ring, heading straight at his former partner.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!

But The Boston Strangler still has guts left in him, stepping infront of Dace Night and catching Va’aiga in mid charge, he throws the Maori Badass up into the air, holding him there in a Gorilla Press, before releasing him to drop onto his shoulders and leaps side ways, spiking Va’aiga into the mat with a Boston Massacre.

RRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Comet: “BOSTON MASSACRE ON VA’AIGA!”

As TBS takes out Va’aiga, Dace drills Michael Craven with an Elbow Smash before Underhooking both of his arms and dragging him up from the mat. Throwing his weight backwards, Dace spikes Craven into the mat at forty five degrees with a Defenestration. Rolling over and cradling up his body, Night covers Craven as Soapdish slides in along side to count the fall as the fans chant along.

ONE!

TWO!

TTTHHHHRRRREEEEEEE!

DING! DING! DING!

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Funyon: “Ladies and Gentlemen, here are you winners …THE BOSTON STRANGLER AND DACE F’N’ NNIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTT!”

Captor Of Sin screams into life as Dace rolls out of the grabbing Strangler and dragging him into the arms of security staff. Shaking his hand and embracing him with a hug, Dace tells the staff to get TBS out of the way as he turns back to face Va’aiga.

Riley: “Damn it! How did this manage to go wrong so much! Dace has to have been cheating!”

Comet: “Strangler made an honest fight and Dace made a fair victory Citizen Riley. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

Fade Out.

Moving around the outside of the ring, Va’aiga shoves the time keeper out of the way and grabs a chair. Turning back around, he brings himself to bear on Dace Night as he sees Strangler safely away from the ring. With a roar, the Maori Badass charges at his former partner.

Riley: “Hey, what’s going on here. Va’aiga’s got a chair!”

Turning around just a second to late, Dace catches the full force blow of the chair to his face.

CRACK!

BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Raining down chair shots in a fit of range, Va’aiga beats Dace into the floor with the chair.

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

Va’aiga: “WHAT’S MY NAME DANNY!”

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

Va’aiga: “WHAT’S MY NAME DANNY!”

BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

Va’aiga: “ARE YOU AFRAID DANNY!”

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK

Comet: “Va’aiga’s snapped once again! He’s beating the hell out of Dace Night and screaming for Danny Williams!”

Riley: “Jesus Christ! Va’aiga is just killing Dace and it’s damn well what he deserves!”

Smashing the chair into the ring post in frustration, almost snapping it in half, Va’aiga stands over the fallen and beaten body of Dace Night. The crowd begins to call out for Danny Williams.

DAN-E! BOOM! BOOM! DAN-E! BOOM! BOOM!

Riley: “Danny’s just as chicken as Strangler is. There’s no way he’s coming out here. He’s afraid!”

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comet: “You spoke to soon Citizen Riley, here’s Danny Williams now!”

Va’aiga stares up the ramp as Danny strides down it slowly, chair in hand. Breaking into a charge down the ramp, Danny races towards his former student. Looking down at the bloodied Dace, Va’aiga looks up at Danny and turns his back and climbs over the barrier into the crowd, as security swarms around him to keep the Maori Badass away from the fans.

Helping Dace to his feet, bloody pouring from his face and down his body. Danny helps his student and team mate towards the waiting EMTs as he looks back over his shoulder at the vanishing sight of Va’aiga.

Comet: “I think Va’aiga is playing mind games with Danny Williams Citizen Riley.”

Riley: “You’re right Comet. He beats the snot out of Dace after the match, to draw Danny out. Only to turn around and leave. He’s messing with Danny’s head and it has to be working well.”

Fade Out

“Time for the Hardcore Title match,” says Cyclone Comet excitedly. “Robert, Wildchild has been on top of the Hardcore division for a while now, and he’s managed to defeat some of the best and brightest up-and-coming stars in the SWF in defense of that title! In fact, he’s already beaten John Duran before!”

“That win was a total fluke,” replies Bobby Riley. “Duran made a rookie mistake, and Wildchild managed to capitalize on it; but it won’t happen again! Duran’s a total stud, and this style of match favors him. Wildchild’s not going to be able to go toe-to-toe with him, and after getting his first taste of championship gold in the SWF with the help of Quiz, the Sinner’s going to be looking to get his hands on his first singles title here tonight! Duran has learned from the mistakes that he made the last time these two fought, and I expect to see him tear Wildchild apart!”

“Wildchild’s definitely fighting an uphill battle tonight,” concedes Comet, “but he has a wealth of experience in defeating opponents larger than him…”

“JOHNNY DANGEROUS!”

Suddenly, the lights dim in the Five Seasons Center, and a sultry female voice breathes the name of the SWF’s resident super-spy! “Mission Impossible” begins to play as a spotlight focuses on the backstage curtain, through which steps Johnny Dangerous.

“And speaking of Wildchild,” continues Comet, “nobody knows him like that man! His former tag team partner, Johnny Dangerous!”

“Ladies and gentlemen,” says Funyon, “please welcome to the ring at this time, the SWF United States Champion, Johnny Daaaaangerous!” The Barracuda is dressed in a sleek black outfit, his face adorned by a high-tech pair of sunglasses. As the lights come back on, he holds the US Title above his head as the crowd cheers, and then slings it over his shoulder, slapping hands with the fans as he makes his way down the ramp towards the ring.

“Ever since Genesis, the paths of Wildchild and Johnny Dangerous have continued to cross,” says Comet, as Johnny heads over towards the announcers’ table, “with the common factor being Justice and Rule. A lot of people thought that they may have decided to get back together, after Johnny Dangerous came to Wildchild’s rescue back on Smarkdown, and we’ve decided to ask Johnny down here to ask him exactly what is going on between the two of them. Johnny, thanks for taking the time to come down here and talk to us tonight!”

“You’re quite welcome, Comet,” replies Johnny, as he settles into his seat. “This match promises to feature some non-stop action from Wildchild, and I, for one, wouldn’t want to miss it for anything!”

Comet begins to question the Barracuda as his music fades out. “Since you bring Wildchild up, allow me to ask you a few questions: we all saw you two working together to take out Justice and Rule back on Smarkdown. Have you two decided to bury the hatchet and get back together?”

“Well, to be honest, Comet,” replies Johnny, “that’s not my decision to make; Wildchild and I haven’t really had a chance to sit down and talk to each other. I don’t think there’s any question that I would like to see Wild and Dangerous get back together, but it’s up to Wildchild as to whether or not he’s willing to try and trust me again!”

“Funny that you should bring up the matter of trust,” says Riley,” because you basically lied to not only Wildchild, but to everyone in this company, and all the fans around the world! Why should he ever bother trusting you again?”

Johnny hangs his head slightly in shame. “I probably don’t deserve Wildchild’s forgiveness, but, if nothing else, I hope that he realizes how dangerous the team of Justice and Rule are; there’s no one individual in the SWF who can stand up against the two of them alone, including Wildchild and myself. But working together, the two of us might be a match for them.”

“I see,” nods Comet. “You speak of a situation not unlike when Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Ant Man and the Wasp teamed up to form the Avengers! A most formidable coalition, indeed!”

The Barracuda feigns comprehension as Riley just rolls his eyes in exasperation. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, Johnny,” he says. “Wild and Dangerous has never actually beaten Justice and Rule, so it’s not as if you two getting back together would magically give you the power to do something you’ve never actually done before!”

“Nothing at this level is guaranteed,” says Johnny, “especially against competition the likes of William Hearford and Ejiro Fasaki. But, Wildchild and I are pretty good wrestlers in our own right, and we were right on the cusp of breaking through in the tag ranks before Billy Hearford came up with his master plan to break us up!”

Riley grunts in response. “You can try and re-tell the story however you want, but the bottom line is that YOU lied to Wildchild, YOU pulled gun on him, YOU broke his ribs, and YOU’RE the one who tried to take him out permanently at Genesis; you can’t blame that on Judge Hearford!”

Before Johnny can respond, the aggressive sounds of Drowning Pool’s “Sinner” begin to corrupt the arena. The fans begin to boo in earnest as John Duran makes his way out onto the stage, dressed in black tights and a black t-shirt that has the words “Sin to Win” written in bold white letters across the front.

Silently thanking the gods for a reprieve from Riley’s badgering, Comet decides to change the subject, as Duran begins to make his way down the ramp. “So, Citizen Jonathan, what do you think that Wildchild will have to do to retain the Hardcore Title in this match?”

“All Wildchild needs to do to keep the Hardcore Title tonight is to stick with what’s made his so successful in the division to this point; a little judicious use of weapons to neutralize the strength advantage of Duran, and overwhelm him with his speed and unpredictability. You know, Bobby, before I came out here, I heard you talking about how Duran had learned from his mistakes in his last match against Wildchild. But back then, Wildchild had his style inhibited by Ejiro’s doctrine; he wasn’t allowed to go all out, the way he wrestles best. Duran’s never had a match against Wildchild when he wasn’t holding back, and I don’t think that he’s going to be prepared for just what Wildchild is able to do!”

As Duran climbs into the ring, Funyon rises from his ringside seat and raises the microphone to his lips. “Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest, scheduled for one fall is for the SWF Hardcore Championship! Currently in the ring at this time is the challenger: from Champaign, Illinois, weighing two hundred forty-six pounds… the Sinner! JOOOOOHN DURAAAAAN!” The Sinner strides over to the corner and climbs onto the second turnbuckle, facing the crowd as he swipes his hands in front his waist, expressing his intent to leave Ames tonight with the Hardcore Championship. As the crowd continues to boo Duran lustily, “Sinner” fades into the ethereal, followed by a brief moment of silence, until:

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA, PEOPLE!

Thousands of fans leap to their feet as Jay-Z’s “Guilty Until Proven Innocent” begins to blast throughout the arena. The Bahama Bomber steps out onto the stage, covered in an aquamarine jumpsuit, his wrists bound together in front of his body by handcuffs.

“His opponent,” says Funyon as Wildchild begins to make his way down the ramp, “from the Bahamas, weighing two hundred fourteen pounds… he is the SWF HARDCORE CHAMPION! The WIIIILDCHIIIIILD!”

Eager to get the match started, Duran storms out of the ring and charges up the ramp, hoping to catch Wildchild by surprise, but the wily Hardcore Champion dives out of the way just as the Sinner draws near him tumbling down to the foot of the ramp and springing back to his feet, diving into the ring. Duran turns back around and gives chase, but as he reaches the ring…

BANG!

… The Bahama Bomber races across the ring and dives feet-first towards the ropes, slamming them into Duran’s chest with a baseball slide!

DING! DING! DING!

Wildchild’s music is promptly cut off and the referee orders the timekeeper to start the match as the Bahama Bomber hastily rips apart the prop handcuffs and tears off his jumpsuit, revealing his regular wrestling attire underneath. Just as he removes the Hardcore title belt and hands it to the referee, he notices the Sinner getting back to his feet outside the ring. Without allowing the challenger to regain his bearings, the Human Hurricane races towards the corner nearest Duran and leaps gracefully onto the top turnbuckle, flipping off almost instantaneously and sailing outside the ring, crashing into the unsuspecting Duran with a spectacular springboard moonsault!

“BEAUTIFUL moonsault by the Hardcore Champion,” says Comet. “Duran was caught completely unaware!”

Rolling off of Duran’s chest, Wildchild dives back into the ring, springing immediately to his feet and grabbing onto the top rope, using it to slingshot himself back to the outside of the ring…

SPLASH!

… Where he smashes into Duran’s chest with a sensational springboard Senton!

“And another spectacular dive to the outside by Wildchild,” cries Comet. “That must be about a ten-foot drop to the floor, and Wildchild managed to deliver the full force of his two hundred fourteen pounds into the chest of the challenger!”

“I have to correct you, Comet,” Riley says angrily, as Wildchild pulls Duran off the ground and leads him over to the ring barricade, “That was two hundred fourteen pounds, plus whatever that chest protector weighs! He shouldn’t be allowed to compete in that thing!”

Wildchild bends Duran over at the waist and applies a standing waistlock, lifting off the ground with a surprising show of strength and dropping him chest-first over the ring barricade, hammering him in the back with a few clubbing forearms to keep him there.

“Try not to forget,” replies Comet, “that he was granted permission to wear that chest protector in the ring by no less an authority than the Commissioner himself, Citizen Riley. It’s not as if he’s breaking the rules!”

Wildchild slides back into the ring and scrambles quickly to his feet racing back towards the corner and leaping onto the top turnbuckle, this time dashing quickly across the top rope and diving back out of the ring as he draws nearer to Duran, extending his body as he plummets to earth…

CRASH!

… And comes crashing down into Duran’s chest!

“Look at that,” shouts Riley, “he’s using that chest protector as a weapon!”

“Well,” replies Johnny mirthfully, “this is a Hardcore match, Bobby; even if I wanted to take your side, it’s not like it’s against the rules!”

“Bull,” growls Riley. “If he’s really that injured, he shouldn’t be in the ring.”

“Well,” replies Comet, getting in on the act, “technically, Citizen Riley, he’s NOT in the ring.”

Bobby stares at Johnny and Comet, looking as if he’s about to start tearing his hair out. “You two know what I mean! If he’s not healthy, he needs to take time off, not try to hurt other people with a loaded weapon!”

Comet rolls his eyes, as Wildchild crawls over to the edge of the ring. “And just what makes you so sure that it’s loaded?”

“Just look at it,” screams Riley, as Wildchild reaches underneath the ring to pull out a kendo stick. “It’s gotta be lined with steel plates or something!”

“No way,” replies Johnny. “If that thing were lined with steel plates, it would slow him down, and I know Wildchild; he wouldn’t put anything on his body that would compromise his mobility.”

The Bahama Bomber uses the edge of the ring apron to pull himself back to his feet and grasps the kendo stick in both hands, raising it high above his head as Duran rolls over onto his knees.

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!

Wildchild batters the Sinner’s back relentlessly with an onslaught of strikes from the kendo stick. Duran tries to crawl away to safety, but the Tropical Tumbler races after him, leaping into the air and crashing into his back with a running somersault senton!

“Wow,” says Comet, “Wildchild is on fire here tonight; he’s dominated this match from the very start!”

The Hardcore Champion picks Duran off the ground and rolls him underneath the bottom rope into the ring. Leaping effortlessly onto the ring apron, Wildchild runs over to the corner and uses the top rope to vault back into the ring, where he lands on the opposing middle rope and springs backwards through the air…

SPLASH!

… Landing on Duran with a springboard moonsault press! He remains on top of the challenger and tries to put him away, as the referee dives into position to count the pinfall:

ONE!

TWO!

THR—

“No,” shouts Riley. “Foot on the ropes! Foot on the ropes!”

Slightly frustrated, Wildchild pulls Duran to his feet and pushes him up against the ropes. Grabbing him by the wrist, the Hardcore Champion whips him across the ring, but the Sinner spins around on his heel and reverses the maneuver, sending Wildchild into the ropes instead. The Bahama Bomber bounces off the ropes and ducks a running forearm attempt by Duran, racing back to the opposite end of the ring, leaping into the air as he rebounds a second time, and extending his body to deliver a cross-body block…

WHAM!

… But the Sinner catches him in mid-air and rotates his body around quickly, planting Wildchild into the mat with a ferocious powerslam!

“Hah,” snorts Riley. “That’ll take some of the starch out of him!”

Duran, still recovering from Wildchild’s early assault, is unable to make an immediate pin. He finally falls onto Wildchild’s chest and reaches across to hook the far leg as the referee’s hand slaps the canvas:

ONE!

TWO!

THRE—

KICKOUT!

“My goodness,” says Comet. “Wildchild was just barely able to kick out of that! If it weren’t for his earlier offense, this could very well be over!”

Duran pulls Wildchild to his feet and applies a front facelock. He swings Wildchild’s arm over his neck and grabs him by the leg, lifting him into the air for a vertical suplex, but the Bahama Bomber manages to wriggle free, landing on his feet behind the surprised challenger. Before Duran can react, the Caribbean Cruiser wheels him around and blasts him in the face with a barrage of sharp right hands!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

Wildchild punches Duran all the way back into the corner and grabs him by the wrist, whipping him across the ring, but the Sinner reverses easily. Wildchild leaps into the air as he approaches the corner and lands on the top turnbuckle, springing off backwards at Duran…

CRASH!

… But the Sinner catches him in midair once again, this time locking his arms around the Bahaman’s waist and charging into the corner with surprising speed, smashing his back into the unforgiving turnbuckles!

Outside the ring, Johnny and Comet cringe from the impact. “Ouch,” says the super hero. “Duran nearly drove Wildchild THROUGH the turnbuckles with that running tackle! If it weren’t for that chest protector, this match would surely be over!”

“Which is only one more reason why that thing should be outlawed,” grumbles Riley. “Wildchild wouldn’t be able to beat Duran on his own, so he has to have an edge!”

“Wildchild’s already beaten Duran before,” Johnny snaps back. “He doesn’t need that chest protector to beat him, and we should be applauding Wildchild for having the fortitude to defend his title against such fierce competition despite the fact that his ribs are hurting him so bad.”

“Sure,” retorts Bobby. “Go ahead and kiss his ass now; don’t think that Wildchild has forgotten that you’re the reason he has to wrestle with broken ribs. You must be on drugs yourself if you think that he’d want to get back together with you!”

Duran takes a step out of the corner, leaving Wildchild leaning against the turnbuckles, and quickly lunges back in, hammering the Caribbean Cruiser with a series of hard rights and lefts to the chest. But, instead of breaking the Hardcore Champion in half, Duran only succeeds in bruising his hands as his punches knock Wildchild against the turnbuckles forcefully but do very little damage, thanks once again to his chest protector.

“This is getting out of hand,” roars Riley. “That thing is changing the outcome of this match! I’m going to petition to have it outlawed!”

Frustrated by the fact that Wildchild is still conscious after that assault, Duran tosses him into the center of the ring with a Biel throw, and attempts to rip the chest protector off him.

“Hell yeah,” says Riley, cheering him on. “Let’s see how tough he is when he doesn’t have a bulletproof vest on!”

As Duran fumbles with the clasps on Wildchild’s chest protector, the Bahama Bomber reaches up and stops him with a desperation rake of the eyes!

“How about that,” shouts Riley sarcastically. “Wildchild uses a shortcut; imagine my surprise!” Wildchild crawls away from Duran, and somersaults across the ring as he gives pursuit. The Bahama Bomber leaps to his feet and rushes at Duran, but the Sinner surprises him with a running kneelift that catches him just underneath his chest protector. Grabbing him by the wrist, the challenger whips Wildchild across the ring, but the Human Hurricane leaps onto the top rope as he reaches the edge of the ring, and curls into a ball as he springs off…

WHAM!

… Slamming into Duran’s chest with his patented Pinball Attack!

“Pinball,” shouts Comet. “Both men are down!”

The referee looks back and forth between both men, and proceeds to deliver a ten-count:

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

“Come on, Wildchild,” says Johnny. “You can do it!”

FIVE!

“No way,” replies Riley. “This is Duran’s match to lose!”

SEVEN!

At the count of seven, Duran rolls over onto his knees. Getting to his feet, he walks over to Wildchild and picks him up off the canvas, but the Bahama Bomber surprises him, slapping his hands away and hammering him in the face with quick right hands!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

BAP!

Wildchild grabs Duran by the wrist and attempts to whip him across the ring, but the stronger challenger again reverses with ease. Wildchild bounces off the ropes, ducking underneath the Sinner’s lariat attempt, and leaping into the air as he rebounds…

WHAM!

… But the Sinner catches him yet again, wrapping his arms around the Caribbean Cruiser’s waist and spinning sharply on his heel, driving Wildchild into the canvas with a spinebuster slam!

“Spinebuster,” shouts Riley. “That’s it! We’ve got a new champion!”

Duran bounces to his feet with a sudden burst of adrenaline, once again waving his arms in front of his waist. But, instead of going for the cover, the Sinner walks to the edge of the ring and climbs down to the arena floor, where he reaches underneath the ring apron to pull out a wooden table.

“Yes,” says Riley. “Wildchild’s finally going to get what’s coming to him!” Duran slides the table underneath the bottom rope and rolls back into the ring, where he crawls over towards Wildchild and resumes tampering with his chest protector.

“Oh no,” shrieks Johnny, “as the Sinner finally succeeds in removing the protective device.

“HELL YEAH,” screams Riley happily. “Now we’ll see what Wildchild’s really made of!”

Duran walks over to the edge of the ring and tosses the chest protector out of the ring, where it lands with a thud in front of the announcer’s table. The Sinner flashes a sinister grin as he stares out at Johnny Dangerous. “Yeah, that’s right,” he says. “I’m going to end your little boyfriend’s title reign!”

The Barracuda leaps angrily out of his chair, but Comet grabs onto his shoulder, preventing him from storming the ring. “Have faith in Wildchild, Citizen Jonathan,” he says calmly.

Duran returns his attention back to the ring, where he sets up the table in the center of the ring. Upon completing that task, he picks Wildchild up off the mat and lays him flat across the table, then climbs onto the table himself. Standing on his precarious perch, the Sinner pulls Wildchild to his feet and applies a standing headscissors, giving the sign for the Ultimate Sin.

“Dear God, no,” pleads Comet. “If he hits the Ultimate Sin through that table, Wildchild’s career could be over!”

“That’s it,” says Johnny, “I’m going to put a stop to this!” He rips off his headset and gets up from his seat, but Comet grabs him by the waist.

“No Johnny,” he pleads, “you mustn’t interfere! Wildchild would never forgive you if you got involved in his match!” Realizing that Comet was probably right, Johnny remains at the announcer’s table, feeling helpless as Duran wraps his arms around Wildchild’s waist and lifts him off the table high into the air.

“Here it comes,” says a joyous Riley. “Ultimate Sin!”

But the time that Duran spent setting up the table and taunting Johnny Dangerous prove to have given Wildchild just enough time to recover, and as Duran extends his arms to get Wildchild into position, the Bahama Bomber squirms around, slithering like an eel out of the Sinner’s grasp and landing on his feet on the mat. Before the challenger can react, Wildchild spins around and leaps into the air, kicking Duran in the back of the knee with a dropkick that causes him to loose his balance and fall…

CRASH!

… Right through the table! The edges of the table point towards the sky, as Duran lies flat in his back in the middle!

“I told you he could do it,” says Comet. “Duran’s attempt to use the Ultimate Sin backfired on him, and now he’s lying in the middle of a table that was shattered by his own weight!”

Wildchild steps out onto the ring apron as he waits for the challenger to stir, and crosses his wrists over his head, pumping his arms up and down.

“What do you supposed he means by that,” wonders Comet.

“I know exactly what he means,” Johnny says with a smile. “He means that John Duran is Presumed Guilty!”

Surely enough, as the Sinner rises to his feet, Wildchild leaps onto the top rope and springs into the ring, snaring the challenger in a front facelock and swinging around…

BANG!

… Driving Duran’s face into the raised edge of the table!

“Presumed Guilty,” shouts Comet. “You were right, Johnny! The Sinner has been Presumed Guilty!”

Wildchild rolls over onto his stomach and crawls over the top of Duran, reaching over to hook the far leg as the referee dives into position to count the pinfall:

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

DING! DING! DING!

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA, PEOPLE!

The crowd erupts as “Guilty Until Proven Innocent” begins to play once again. Wildchild rolls onto his back and forces himself into a sitting position as the referee walks over to him and raises his hand in victory.

Funyon rises from his seat at ringside and picks the Hardcore Title up off the timekeeper’s table, leaving it at the edge of the ring for the referee to return to Wildchild. “Here is your winner… and STILL… SWF Hardcore Champion! The WIIIIILDCHIIIIILD!”

Wildchild survived an attack by a very focused and prepared John Duran in order to retain the Hardcore Title, says Comet. “The Sinner had his springboard maneuvers well scouted, but in the end, Wildchild’s resourcefulness won out the day, and he goes home still in possession of the Hardcore Title. We’ll be back with our Main Event, right after this!”

As we:

FADE OUT

“And now for our MAIN EVENT!”

The ring bell rings thrice as the crowd gives a small pop for the feature match of the night while Funyon continues his introductions.

“The following match is scheduled for ONE FALL!”

The lights begin to go down to a sickly red as a familiar drumbeat strikes up in the background. It grows louder and louder, crescendoing with the boos of the fans as they know who is coming out first-

“NOW TESTIFY!”

“Testify” continues on from the middle of the song as three sets of red pyro launch into the air, announcing the arrival of one half of the tag champs, the Judge. He walks out confidently onto the entrance ramp.

“Welcome back, fine citizens, to our Main Event of JUSTICE~!”

“And Rule!”

“Indeed, Citizen Riley, indeed. Tonight the Tag Champions are set upon each other, and I know I’ve been waiting to see them go at each other’s necks once again!”

“Bah! This is just a front office conspiracy to get the greatest double Tag Champs off their belts so that some corporate suckups like Wildchild and Johnny Dangerous can take them.”

Hearford steps into the ring, belt over his shoulder as he climbs up onto one of the turnbuckles and taunts the crowd before stepping back down and begins to stretch out.

“Now in the ring, weighing in at 242 pounds and hailing from Royal Oak, Michigan, he is one half of the current tag champions. He is ‘JUSTICE’ WILLIAM HEARFORD!”

The lights go back to normal, but instead of silence, “Sellout” by Biohazard strikes up. The crowd turns their sights from the ring to the ramp, where the other half of the tag champs steps out.

“Well, at least we are assured a good match, otherwise this booking would have no redeeming points.”

“Excuse me, but I hardly think that Justice and Rule are all that exciting. Indeed, they know some excellent technical moves but they lack any high-flying action! The people have come to see death-defying spots, not some boring matwork…” says Comet as he rests his chin on his hand.

“Now entering the ring, weighing in at 190 pounds and hailing from Sarasota, Florida, he is the other half of the current tag champions. He is EJIRO FASAKI!”

Fasaki steps into the ring, tag title over his own shoulder as well as he comes out to center of the ring towards Matty Kivell. His regular partner comes out with his own title, and they meet in the center of the ring, staring each other down. Matty Kivell does a quick review of the rules as the two look at each other...

And nod?

*CRACK*

“DOUBLE BELT SHOT ON KIVELL!”

“What the deuce?! What’s going on here?”

“I don’t know, but I’ve never that happen before!”

Kivell collapses like a sack of bricks as Justice and Rule continue the assault, putting boots into the downed referee. The Iowa fans give them a hearty helping of heat as they beat up on the helpless referee while Funyon, not even out of the ring yet, gets a few shouts from the Timekeeper’s table.

*DING DING DING*

“This following match has been declared a No Contest by the t-“

From behind, Funyon gets a tap on the shoulder. He turns…

… STRAIGHT INTO A GAVEL BANG! A few of the outraged fans toss some of their refreshments towards the ring as the pair get up, with Ejiro procuring a mic from the unconscious Funyon.

“Well, that was easy enough,” he laughs as the crowd boos the holy hell of the short man and his partner in the ring, “I’ll bet all of you people thought that Justice and Rule, best friends, were going to beat each other’s brains out for nothing?”

The crowd cheers in approval.

“Christ, you guys are more retarded than Grand Slam’s kid!”

An “Asshole!” chant starts up as Rule hands the mic off to Justice.

“Why should we fight it out? We don’t get anything by doing so. Why not have one of us take away X’s ICTV Title or how about I get a rematch for the World Title? Of course, Grand Slam conveniently gives them the night off. I’m sure there’s no favoritism going on there…”

A lot of heat for even the insinuation of Grand Slam being a bit less than fair, but Hearford speaks up over their voices.

“Come on, people, face it! Grand Slam is just as bad as King was, if not WORSE. Did King ever book Dace or Va’aiga in a singles match when they were champs? I think not.”

He tosses it over to Ejiro.

“Or how about that handicap handcuff match last show for Craven? And this guy is supposed to Mr. Wholesome? The guy makes Bill Clinton look trustworthy! But that’s not the worst part…”

“Yes,” says Judge as the two switchoff again, “The worst part is the man actually trusts Tom Flesher.”

Hearford and Ejiro both shake their heads as the crowd gives a cheer at the mention of the current World Champion.

“Did you forget what this man did? This is the man who made El Luchadore Magnifico’s life miserable, who fought against your beloved Midnight Carnival, who destroyed Frost, Strangler, and anyone else who came into contact with him. And he fights me ONE TIME and he’s suddenly fine?”

“Ah, memories,” says Bobbie Riley wistfully as Hearford tosses the mic back to Ejiro.

“It’s just BS! Jesus, he’s just getting cozy with the Commish again so he can be on Easy Street! Are you people that dumb to buy into the act?”

A small Flesher chant builds up as Ejiro starts speaking again.

“Oh wait; you guys are pro wrestling fans. Of COURSE you are that dumb,” Ejiro says, slapping his forehead, “And on the subject of dumb, let’s talk about Wild and Dangerous. Sure, Johnny, you managed to sneak away with my US Title. Sure, Wildchild isn’t my ‘charge’ anymore. But don’t think for a second you guys have a shot at beating us. Hell, I’d be surprised if you guys could stay in the same ring together for more than 3 minutes with the way you abandoned Wildchild, Johnny.”

Ejiro gives the stick back to the Judge as the two begin to exit the ring.

“You two have never beaten us, and don’t think that you are suddenly going to start now, boys. I recommend on concentrating on your other belts before you try and mess with the likes of us.”

The two walk up the ramp, smirking to each other as they leave the arena to a throng of boos from the Iowa crowd. The camera goes back down to Comet and Bobbie before the show goes off the air.

“Well, that’s a tall list there, made by Justice and Rule. I’m sure Tom and Wild and Dangerous will be ready to make them eat their words, though. For Bobbie Riley and the rest of the SWF Crew, this is the CYCLOOOOOOOOONE COMET~! saying good night and see you next time!”

===

SWF Lockdown, October 22, 2003

© White Apple Productions. All rights reserved.

The Smarks Wrestling Federation: “Raising Workrate by Typing Faster.”

Results:

Results are for pussies! Read it yourself, sluts.

My apologies for the show going up so late. Marker problems delayed it. I should have a card up within an hour/hour and a half.