TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Another match announced for 11/5

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Probably set up "The New Franchise", whoever the hell it is this week

I'm betting Sandman gets a big pop on returning. Somehow he frequently does. I too am expecting this to just be more of an angle with which to debut New Franchise guy.

Guest One Trick Pony
I'm betting Sandman gets a big pop on returning. Somehow he frequently does. I too am expecting this to just be more of an angle with which to debut New Franchise guy.

I'm betting Sandman gets a big poop upon returning to match Shane Douglas' bullemia episode. "End of an Era:First Bodily Fluid Match"

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'm betting Sandman gets a big poop upon returning to match Shane Douglas' bullemia episode. "End of an Era:First Bodily Fluid Match"

This would make plenty a' sense considering they are both the shits in the ring anyway.

Guest Dids

What's the Sandman's appeal anyway. I never got to watch ECW- but I'm just not understanding how "drunk guy with a stick" gets over anywhere?

Plus- Shane Douglas looks like your dad wrestling- and who wants to see that?

Guest One Trick Pony
What's the Sandman's appeal anyway. I never got to watch ECW- but I'm just not understanding how "drunk guy with a stick" gets over anywhere?

How did a drunk guy with a bald head get over?

unfortunately, Beer=popularity

Sandman was basically Steve Austin before Steve Austin was. In 94/95 while WWF was presenting wrestling plumbers and clowns, ECW was providing things never seen before, including the Sandman, a foul mouthed, beer swilling (and cigarette smoking) ass kicker! Plus for a guy not in great shape he was pretty good, and could bust out some highspots too. Soon after Sandman and friends invaded WWF in early 97 (including WWF blurred beer drinking), Vince had an idea, and like most things that originated in ECW Austin started to do the same things. I'll agree the guy isn't worth much now.

As for Shane Douglas, he's always been a mediocre worker that was his own biggest fan. Not to be questioned though was his charisma and mic skills. There were nights where the ECW arena was ready to KILL the franchise. And other nights where he connected as the flag bearer as a face. Either way, the guy could cut a promo. But he seemed to fail everywhere else he went, and he allowed his own bitterness over his percieved lack of oppurtunities (although he had a point in his WWF run where he was a lame teacher who Shawn refused to job to), and thus left on bad terms and bad feelings with just about everywhere he went. The role they seem to be moving him into now is best for him, kind of like Ric Flair, a manager/occasional wrestler, who can still use his promo ability to get things over without embarassing himself with his declining ring work.

Hopefully those insights were helpful.

Guest Devin

Sandman is ten times the wrestler he was in ECW. He's in shape now, he bumps like a madman, and he puts on entertaining brawls, and the crowd loves the guy. He's had great matches in TNA with Raven, Styles, and Devon Storm. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but I swear, most the time people just shit on things because everyone else is doing it. Outside of matches with guys like New Jack, where's the horrible display that warrants him being shunned? Is Sandman someone I'd consider a great wrestler? No. But I don't see any problem with bringing him in occasionally like they have been.