TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

A Few Things

Guest MikeSC

1) John Kerry made yet ANOTHER faux pas. On that CNN debate, he called the Marlins' World Series win the "first legitimate victory out of Florida since 2000". This, naturally, ignores Miami's national title AND Tampa Bay's SB win --- but the man is making a running habit of such asinine faux pas in the pursuit of primo ass-kissing.

2) Clinton spoke at a Seattle Hebrew school's fundraiser --- and the event LOST money. The organizers were aware that they were going to have a shortfall --- but Clinton definitely got paid. The exact AMOUNT is unknown, but last year, no fee was less than $100,000.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...clinton04m.html

3) Potentially interesting news: Iraqi secret files reveal that several prominent personalities and US politicians accepted money from Saddam to support him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...2-2003Nov2.html

4) Al Sharpton is hosting the 12/6 episode of SNL. Words fail me.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb
1) John Kerry made yet ANOTHER faux pas. On that CNN debate, he called the Marlins' World Series win the "first legitimate victory out of Florida since 2000". This, naturally, ignores Miami's national title AND Tampa Bay's SB win --- but the man is making a running habit of such asinine faux pas in the pursuit of primo ass-kissing.

He's just digging his grave deeper after the Philly cheesesteak disaster.

1) But he was in Vietnam, so it's all OK.

2) Wow, I'm remembering all those mid-'90s Clinton "I'm for the children" speeches. Funny.

3) You're right. Interesting.

4) Good God. Here's a skit idea -- have a bunch of chicks run out in blackface. When Al is about to call them racists they say, "No, the cops did it."

Won't you die already Al?

Oh, with the new CE rules I wasn’t sure where to put this – seemed too political for GC or NHB, but not deserving of its own thread.

Love the look on Poo-face and that Ohio guy whose name I'm not even going to attempt to spell...

top.lieber.sharp.kucin.ap.jpg

1) And Bush has NEVER made a verbal fuck up, right?

2) Not suprised.

3) I admit I read over it lightly, but where's the whole US prominent personalities and politicians part?

4) Yeah, that suprised me. I think it will be interesting. I hope for a Hardball bit.

Guest MikeSC
1) And Bush has NEVER made a verbal fuck up, right?

Thing is, Kerry does it A LOT and SOLELY to kiss people's butts. It's almost comical.

3) I admit I read over it lightly, but where's the whole US prominent personalities and politicians part?

The recipients of the Iraqi funds were described by U.S. officials not as formal intelligence agents, but as prominent personalities and political figures who accepted money from Iraq as they defended Hussein publicly or pressed his causes.

Seems exceptionally likely that it means US politicans and personalities.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

The problem for Kerry is that he keeps looking like he's out of touch with normal people.

Guest BobbyWhioux

How many Demos are making verbal fuckups while leading the country as president?

Bush gets held to a higher standard and to harsher scrutiny because he's THE PRESIDENT. As well he should be. Great power brings with it great responsibility.

You don't like it? Then step aside and let our guy be president.

(As soon as we figure out who the fuck that's gonna be.... :D )

Seems exceptionally likely that it means US politicans and personalities.

-=Mike

Seems exceptionally likely it means Arabs in other parts of the region. Keep in mind Iraq is a politically unstable country with various secular divisions. Sunni, Shiite, Kurds (although I wouldn't say he was bothering to pander to them much =b), etc.

Piss off the wrong people and you might accidentally start a revolution. Keep everyone convinced you're the right man and it won't be a problem.

Guest MD2020
The problem with Kerry is that he looks and sounds like he's dead.

The problem with Kerry is that I don't think he's emphasing his military experience enough. I mean, are you guys aware that he served in Vietnam?

:D

Guest MD2020
How many Demos are making verbal fuckups while leading the country as president?

Bush gets held to a higher standard and to harsher scrutiny because he's THE PRESIDENT. As well he should be. Great power brings with it great responsibility.

You don't like it? Then step aside and let our guy be president.

(As soon as we figure out who the fuck that's gonna be.... :D )

Perhaps, but I bet Bush is pretty clear on the definition of "is".

Just messin' with ya.

They're trying to BE president.

I guess you don't recall Candidate Bush's being unable to name the capital of Kreplvchjpzkistan making national news.

Gore was smeared unfairly too by taking his quotes, slightly rewording them and placing them in a different context.

Gore never said he invented the internet, but was ridiculed beyond belief for it.

The problem with Kerry is that I don't think he's emphasing his military experience enough. I mean, are you guys aware that he served in Vietnam?

:D

That was awesome.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that, were Gore president, he'd be scrutinized as well, especially with the popularity of FOX News (first one to make the "faux news" joke is the biggest idiot, ever), but then again, he probably wouldn't get it as bad, because he didn't flip off the UN, start a war ("military campaign," whatever), and apparently fail grammar school. Now, I'm half-kidding, and I'm not trying to rag on G.W., but it takes a fool not to see that the man has made some highly controversial remarks and decisions, and those will always draw the media's eye.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Actually the funny thing about the whole Bush = idiot thing from the election is Gore failed out of the Ivy league while Bush has 2 Ivy league degrees.

Actually the funny thing about the whole Bush = idiot thing from the election is Gore failed out of the Ivy league while Bush has 2 Ivy league degrees.

Shhhhh....

Keep the facts away, you might hurt someone's feelings.

*sigh* It's the difference between education and intelligence. On paper, Bush is a very smart man. That's probably very true, as well, as far as being well-read and knowledgable. However, he has made repeated blunders and "follies" on the national scene, and since that's all the public has to go on, it's understandable that he'd be perceived as unintelligent. Has the media contributed to this? Probably. But there's got to be something there in the first place for them to exploit (usually), and Bush has provided. It's a shame, though, that people have to pull that out in supposedly educated debates, since it's a trivial point at best and overshadows his qualities and failings as Commander-in-Chief.

I heard someone criticizing Bush and he suggested--with a straight face--that Bush was able to complete his Yale degree and his MBA (from Harvard?) only with help from Skull and Bones...I guess they have a secret ante-room on that island of theirs where every conceivable test and term paper are hidden.

Guest Salacious Crumb

You do know Bush has speech problems right? I believe he's a stutterer or something along those lines?

Being able to articulate doesn't equal intelligence.

I just think he's not a fantastic public speaker. He's a decent one and has improved, but he's no Reagan or Kennedy. That has no bearing on his intelligence.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I heard it sometime during the 2000 election but as far as sources go I don't have any.

But you can tell when you listen to him talk. He's very slow and deliberate which most people who've had lessons to correct speech problems are.