TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corino 1000

Are TNA making a video game?

Guest Corino 1000

Are TNA making a video game? If they are why? Thats the stupidest thing that they can do. They dont even have a TV show but there gonna have a video game...WTF! :angry:

1. ECW made more money on their crappy video game than they did running shows.

2. With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games.

3. The amount of advertising they would get in video game magazines and websites would promote their product to the exact age group in their demographic.

Guest Corino 1000
1. ECW made more money on their crappy video game than they did running shows.

2. With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games.

3. The amount of advertising they would get in video game magazines and websites would promote their product to the exact age group in their demographic.

They are not as known as ECW was.

Guest Salacious Crumb

ECW never had more than a million fans even at it's height, so it wasn't a well known company either.

1.  ECW made more money on their crappy video game than they did running shows.

2.  With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games.

3.  The amount of advertising they would get in video game magazines and websites would promote their product to the exact age group in their demographic.

They will be if they get a good game out.

The publicity of having a game in shops around the world would be priceless.

Guest Corino 1000

"2. With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games "

I never said you need a WWE liscence to sell a game. Backyard Wrestling was only well sold because of the fact that its hardcore and it looks more of a fighting game rather then a wrestling game, and Def Jam Detta isnt a wrestling league. The only reason it sold was because it had all the rappers in it like DMX ect.

Guest Corino 1000
1.  ECW made more money on their crappy video game than they did running shows.

2.  With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games.

3.  The amount of advertising they would get in video game magazines and websites would promote their product to the exact age group in their demographic.

They will be if they get a good game out.

The publicity of having a game in shops around the world would be priceless.

If they get a good game isnt everything. You can have a good game but a crappy league, as TNA is looking now.

They aren't just sitting back putting everything into their video game. They are looking to get a tv deal. They are putting out dvd's. They are looking to expand to other countries. They are looking to add wrestlers. They are looking to expand Xplosion to more markets. They are adding staff. You can't just assume they are doing the video game and nothing else.

Guest Salacious Crumb

EA sports is doing the game. Meaning TNA's involvement is limited at this point.

Guest Corino 1000
They aren't just sitting back putting everything into their video game.  They are looking to get a tv deal.  They are putting out dvd's.  They are looking to expand to other countries.  They are looking to add wrestlers.  They are looking to expand Xplosion to more markets.  They are adding staff.  You can't just assume they are doing the video game and nothing else.

I never assumed they were doing the video game and nothing else. If TNA continues its ways its never gonna get a TV deal. Micheal Shane as X division Champion. Jeff as NWA-TNA Champion, and even when they had a good champion (AJ Style) they made him look like crap! :angry:

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
EA sports is doing the game. Meaning TNA's involvement is limited at this point.

Is this for absolute certain? Last I heard, there were still other companies in line (including everyone's not-so-favorite Acclaim). Did TNA actually settle on EA?

If EA sports is definitely making the game though, that means Aki is developing it and I'll buy it the first chance I get.

2. With sales of Def Jam Vendetta and Backyard Wrestling being strong there is proof that you don't need the WWE liscence to sell video games

Def Jam had a very strong license behind it.

Never heard of Backyard Wrestling but I'll take your word on its high sales.

No video game deal has been announced by NWATNA though they have said that they're in talks with a number of companies about making one.

The EA Sports thing was just a rumour from an ign.com interview with D-Lo Brown which was reported as fact, and then promptly shut down by Mike Tenay on NWATNA.com. He said that the had numerous companies interested but an EA deal was unlikely.

Well, I doubt it's Acclaim, due to the fact they have the LOW series.

Well, that and if TNA had a fucking clue (which I hope they do), they'd know to say "suck my asshole" to Acclaim for their history of shitty wrestling games that fans and gamers alike hate.

If TNA can get EA and in turn get the AKI engine, the game will sell based on that alone. It's the only reason I bought Def Jam Vendetta, and I know I'm not alone... and that's not even the true engine, it was arcarde-ed up a bit. <Crosses fingers for a new generation AKI wrestling game in the States>

Guest JacK

Dude . . . after all the stuff they've gone through in like the last year, a videogame isn't going to put them out of business.

Edit: And Reganomics . . . that's GOLD.