TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

How Much Would You Pay For A Beer?

How about $2500? That's what this man did.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../ap/pricey_beer

Man Pays More Than $2,500 for a Beer

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - How much would you pay for a beer in Hong Kong? A New Zealand traveler paid 20,000 Hong Kong dollars (US$2,595) for his.

The man later told his bank he thought he was paying only about HK$19 (US$2.45) for the single beer, and that he believes bar employees duped him by adding additional zeros to his tab and then pocketing a big tip.

The case surfaced Wednesday in the annual report to Parliament by Liz Brown, New Zealand's banking ombudsman.

The man, identified in the report only as Mr. B, asked his bank to stop payment after he returned to New Zealand weeks later. But the bank said "it could not intervene" because Mr. B had signed the credit card receipt and told him his dispute was with the bar, Brown said in her report.

Mr. B could offer no evidence that the sales voucher had been forged, and it had not "obviously been altered," Brown noted.

Brown, who mediates complaints between customers and banks, told the man to withdraw his complaint.

Guest El Satanico

doooh

Hmm...wonder if The Simpsons will use this as influence for a storyline.

And for $2500, that guy better have had some hookers along with the brew...

Yeah and besides give him sexual favors the hookers should also wash his clothes, clean the room, and fixed him breakfeast in bed.

Guest Fook

Really?

Well then maybe I should get a couple for myself.

I've gone too long without satisfying that unignorable biological urge we all know and love - eating breakfast.

Speaking as someone, who, in a moment of desperation, paid $4.75 for a 16 oz. plastic bottle of Bud Light...

I don't need to complete this statement.

I was charged £4.10 for a double vodka and coke in a bar that I only went to upon my friends insistence that they play sparks. I request sparks, Dj hugs me, 'I love sparks man' etc, did the little twat play it? Did he fuck. I would have sent the drink back, but I assume the inflated price covered the slice of lime.