TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Johnny Smith

I've heard he is a really good wrestler but can anyone tell me why none of the us promotions use him and why he never really gets a push in japan even though he's been wrestling there for ages?

Guest Black Tiger

Well Gaijin never really get big pushes in Japan unless their huge guys like Vader or Williams, Smith had a cup of coffee in ECW back in '99. RVD vs Johnny Smith was supposed to headline ECW Anarchy Rulz '99 but Smith was replaced by Ballz Mahoney because heaven forbid a decent match end the show.

Smith isn't from the US which probably also plays a factor in his lack of US bookings, he's fron England.

Smith isn't from the US which probably also plays a factor in his lack of US bookings, he's fron England.

I'm from England as well.I'm just surprised that Ring Of Honor couldn't fly him over instead of Johnny Storm or Jodie Fleisch.

If im not mistaken wasn't Johnny Smith a top draw for canadian promotion Stampede Wrestling in the 80s?

Guest wildpegasus
If im not mistaken wasn't Johnny Smith a top draw for canadian promotion Stampede Wrestling in the 80s?

Yes, he was one of the top guys. He was the complete package-a great wrestler, a great heel and great on the mic as well.

I'm from England as well.I'm just surprised that Ring Of Honor couldn't fly him over instead of Johnny Storm or Jodie Fleisch.

Fleisch > Smith.

Guest wildpegasus

Fleisch > Smith.

I've seen Flesh only once and was impressed with his ability in the ring but better than Smith? That's a hard pill to swallow.

I have to agree with Wild Pegasus.....Fleisch had a future, but Smith is really solid. I think he is just one of those gems that got overlooked.

Guest wildpegasus
I have to agree with Wild Pegasus.....Fleisch had a future, but Smith is really solid. I think he is just one of those gems that got overlooked.

If I was booker and had my choice of anyone from anytime on my roster he'd definitely be one of my main event players. I absolutely love his work in the ring. If he ever got the ball I think he could run with it just as well as anyone else.