TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

Sting

Hey, I just got to see Sting-Jarrett from this last week, and Sting isn't half as bad as Hogan, Luger, Steiner(s), or Duggan. Hell, while they were actually in the ring, he was hitting the ropes harder than Jarrett was, he was moving with great speed, and did a great job getting the fans into the match. Sadly, they wasted a lot of time doing some garbage brawling, but I actually enjoyed the match between the two. Jarrett is a shell of what he used to be as well. Sting-Styles if it ever happened could be a damn good match, Sting still has gas left in the tank, and his charisma is still through the roof.

if Tna could get sting signed up on a longer contract then that would be great news.Like Sting or not,he is the most over guy in Tna and he never moans about putting guys over(watch his loss to vader at gab 92)

Guest dvkorn
Jarrett is a shell of what he used to be as well.

when do you refer to by saying used to be... i still think he is quite good... Probably lost a bit of speed recently but still he is going quite well...

The Jarrett of 94 or 95 was capable of being carried to incredible matches by great workers. That's not the case for Jarrett anymore. I'm referring to the period when Shawn carried him on his back to a ****+ match at IYH 2. Jarrett also was decent in WCW 2000, but he's lost about 4 steps since then.

Guest Rade

They didn't want to job Sting on only his second appearance, as he is their biggest star.

Sting is NOT the most over person in TNA, deancoles. That title goes to Raven.

I was surprised by how good Sting was after all this time away from the ring. Better than his last appearance, definitely.

Actually if u want to get technical Hogan is the most over in TNA without stepping foot in the Fairgrounds.....As far as Raven being more over than Sting....I don't know about that...if we are talking about in Nashville I think it's about even...I'm a big Sting fan but neither him or Raven are exactly sending the buyrates into an all time high. But to get back on topic...Sting definately has gas left in the tank.

Does Sting still come out to "Seek and Destroy" ?

A knockoff of it.

Of course Sting doesn't suck. He's always been a hard and energetic worker and his connection with the fans is nearly unmatched.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

We can all thank Ric Flair for Sting success.

If Flair wasn't willing enough to want to feud with Sting and put the title on him, he'd probably end up as another midcarder in NWA/WCW with no direction.

At least Flair was smart enough to say no when the bookers wanted Luger to win the title from him. LOL

Guest dvkorn
The Jarrett of 94 or 95 was capable of being carried to incredible matches by great workers. That's not the case for Jarrett anymore. I'm referring to the period when Shawn carried him on his back to a ****+ match at IYH 2. Jarrett also was decent in WCW 2000, but he's lost about 4 steps since then.

I don't think thats totally fair... he wasn't carried to those matches with HBK and the like.... he did his fair share... Some early 90's Jarrett is good as well... i remember just like a 8 or 10 minutes TV match with Scotty the Body(Raven) in like 93 which was quite good... plus him Vs Gilbert in 90... Him Vs Embry on SuperClash III... only goes like 5 mins but it is great... I also read at kayfabe memories and am planning to pick the tape up soon a Jarrett Vs Road Dogg (wasn't called that) for the ownership of SMW & USWA. Kayfabe memories columnist gave it ****...

Jarrett of 99/2000 was great in WCW... was having some great matches... Benoit, Kidman, Booker, Page.. etc...

Jarrett is still decent now... he is not at the level as he was in WCW in 2000 but i think if he takes a step back from behind the scenes in TNA and concentrates on his ring work and loses that bit of extra weight he would go back to going good... but i don't think he will stop the behind the scenes stuff... ANd taking time off from the ring at the moment is a no no seeing all this stuff with Hogan and everything is coming up... so hopefully after that he takes some time off from the ring and rests up and gets back into having frequent solid/good matches...