TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rawknight

Cruiserweights...

With Erek Taylor and the Xstasy back in the fed.. isn't it time to unmothball the curiserweight title??

Division of:

Quiz

Ejiro Fasaki

Wildchild

Johnny Dangerous

Annie Eclectic

Tom Flesher!!

Xstasy

Erek Taylor

Ced Ordonez

is enough for a TON of cool matchups

Crow, Mak Francis and Xcalibur aren't too far over the limit either (Bret-Sized)

That division has some flaws, mainly...

Quiz - Not active

Ejiro Fasaki - Above the title

Wildchild

Johnny Dangerous

Annie Eclectic - Not active

Tom Flesher!! - Way, WAY above the title

Xstasy - Above the title

Erek Taylor - Above the title

Ced Ordonez - Not active

Mak Francis - Not active

Xcalibur - Not active

Crow - Not active

-Z

Z, I'm looking to become active once I find someone to partner or feud wiht. I want to wait out until I have an angle set up.

WC, the LHW has never really been a prestigeous belt. It's always been seen as below/on par with the US and HCG. As far as "above the title" goes, well... Erek's a main eventer, Tom's the champion, and Ejiro could be close to main eventing right now if he stopped holding himself down. I do not, sad to say, see WC at that level yet.

(And I know you're probably going to bring up that match I booked a show ago, but I'll level with you: I'm aware you have no desire to main event or go for the World, but more appropriate opponents were booked up for that show.)

-Z

Eh, screw the US Title, too. I guess I'll just hold on to this one until you guys change your mind... ;)

Not main event material, huh? That's cool. I guess I'll content myself with being the RVD of the fed... :)

The LHW title should be rename Cruiserweight Championship. Then it would be gold.

I say a title is only as perstegious as the champion makes it out to be. Right now it would be more of a feat to defeat Wildchild for the Hardcore, than to beat me for the US, or Xstasy for the ICTV.

WC, the LHW has never really been a prestigeous belt. It's always been seen as below/on par with the US and HCG. As far as "above the title" goes, well... Erek's a main eventer, Tom's the champion, and Ejiro could be close to main eventing right now if he stopped holding himself down. I do not, sad to say, see WC at that level yet.

(And I know you're probably going to bring up that match I booked a show ago, but I'll level with you: I'm aware you have no desire to main event or go for the World, but more appropriate opponents were booked up for that show.)

-Z

A belt's as prestigious as it's booked.

Just cos Vincent Kennedy McMahon doesn't like anyone smaller than himself doesn't mean the SWF Brain Trust (and yes, i'm using that in a non ironic way - a brain trust WITH BRAINS) couldn't book the belt to be semi main and main some shows.

Position on the card means NOTHING. I've main evented and been dumped on my head as the curtian jerker about three times already. And personally I consider myself a mid midcarder... I've got a US title shot (which can happily wait till I'm through with Danny), but i'm fueding at ICTV level with Danny and Dace.

Fine, fine, fine. I'm sorry for bringing it up; I don't want to get into a discussion about card position and belt prestige and all that other garbage.

What I'm really trying to say is that the LHW isn't the world title, and people who are steadily climbing the ladder simply aren't going to stop and drop down from THE title (well, unless they're Judge ;)) to try and rebuild an extremely limiting division. I know it happened with the tag titles, but 1) there's no restrictions on tag-teaming, and 2) there was an abundance of writers in the undercard then. We don't have that surpuls of aimless writers right now, in my opinion. And honestly, that's a GOOD thing, but a point for another day.

-Z

I wasn't lumping you in, actually. But to be able to rebuild a division, you need a star writer (ie: J&R with the tag belts, and you, in this case, Wildchild) for it, and a bunch of other people floating around, looking for something to do.

EDIT: Or, alternatively, a group of people commited to the same goal. It's just that I don't see that happening here.

-Z

I wouldn't mind. Not everybody can be World Champion and nobody except Thoth can get the belt away from Flesher anyway.

Maybe we could at least do a few matches with Cruiser Weight rules, if they are any different I don't know. It's just a thought, but don't ignore what you have like some real feds do.

In all honesty, the LHW is only as good as the person holding it. It shouldn't have a perscribed place on the card because of the Restrictions set against it; that's what the US Title is for. I think most of are getting this subliminal message from the WWE that the Cruiserweight title needs to be in the lower card. BS. We've had Light-Heavyweight World Champions before, so if they want the belt they can get it. Maybe they need to get their fire back, or maybe they have something against the champ. But seriously, this need not be a card-position argument.

I would like to go on record as to say that if/when/whatever i get bumped up... i would concentrate more on being a great cruiserweight wrestler...

...in fact is what i am going for more with my new gimmick... I want to be known as a great innovative cruiser rather than just a bland guy with no emotion/feeling or presense.

Yeah the main reason I thought about this is because i'm facing two cruiserweights in my next match, cos I found out Erek was a cruiser (I thought it was wrong not to know ANYTHING about the fed's current top heel) and cos W1LDCH1LD AMZ TEH R0X0R!

As well as those mentioned, the majority of active SJLers right now are cruiserweights, or could be considered cruiserweights. I think it'd be a good starting point for certain bumpees...cough cough... :P ...to get a headstart in the SWF. Hell, like Rando, I'd be a cruiserweight based wrestler if I get bumped in the near future...the guys who are cruiserweights prefer cruiserweight style matches I guess.

But, you don't want too many titles, that's the main problem. The more titles there are, the less important each one becomes.

Guest ErekT2k3
Not everybody can be World Champion and nobody except Thoth can get the belt away from Flesher anyway.

Give the rest of us a little credit. Flesher's a great writer, but anybody can lose to anyone on any given day.

Ultimate bumpage~!

I dunno... in light of the 13th Hour card, I guess I felt that this thread was mildly pertinent, simply because of some of the discussion about whether or not a Cruiserweight Division would ever be viable again. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it's been a roaring success, but I'd like to think that I've helped to make the division relevant... I'd especially like to thank Pretzler for being willing to participate in an angle that I feel has helped to elevate the division, even if just a teeny weeny bit.

Hooray Cruiserweights!

Ultimate bumpage~!

I dunno... in light of the 13th Hour card, I guess I felt that this thread was mildly pertinent, simply because of some of the discussion about whether or not a Cruiserweight Division would ever be viable again. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it's been a roaring success, but I'd like to think that I've helped to make the division relevant... I'd especially like to thank Pretzler for being willing to participate in an angle that I feel has helped to elevate the division, even if just a teeny weeny bit.

Hooray Cruiserweights!

This is a great day indeed! Well done Wildchild! You've done a great thing and should be commended!

Look at all the posts saying Wildchild is great! That's reason enough to bump this thread!

Nah, I can't have a go at you. You did what you said you'd do. And at least you admit this is just self-congratulatory.

On a slight tangent, is there even anyone in the fed that ISN'T a cruiserweight these days? It's seems this place has been 95% cruiser for a long time now. I agree with Frost's seven month old sentiments, we need a Hoss Title.

I wasn't "put" in this feud, Spike. As for the rest of your comments... well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I submit that the argument that Va'aiga and Judge were presenting (and myself, in PM/chat conversations with Zed) was that a title division can be as good as the people in the division want it to be. No title should be inherently more deserving of a higher place on the card, with the possible exception of the World Heavyweight Championship, and as I recall, at least two "mid-major" promotions (ECW and TNA) have, for a period of time, promoted a secondary title over their own Heavyweight title.

And, maybe it's just my opinion, but I feel that everybody in a given title division should want to make it as good as it can possibly be; you were in the CW division, and even set the record for the longest reign, yet you clearly didn't think very highly of the Cruiserweight division, since you never really made much of an effort to get either the belt or anyone else in the division over... But that doesn't mean that either those of us still in the CW division, or the people reading the shows, should feel the same way. In fact, I am hopeful that the work that Pretzler and I are putting into trying to elevate the CW division will inspire some other people to want to compete for that belt.

Plus, let's not forget that this is an angle-driven fed; the most interesting angle should main event a PPV. Maybe you're angry because it's me and Pretzler instead of you and Toxxic, but if you are, you need to take it up with CC, because I had no input in their decision.

- Dub Cee

On a slight tangent, is there even anyone in the fed that ISN'T a cruiserweight these days? It's seems this place has been 95% cruiser for a long time now. I agree with Frost's seven month old sentiments, we need a Hoss Title.

Well, Light-Heavyweight/Cruiserweight is generally considered < 230 in pro wrestling, so let's see:

Heavyweights:

Manson

Mak Francis

Archie Griffon

Li'l Buck

Bryan Rodgers

Danny Williams

Nick Blum

Cruiserweights (according to listed weight):

Landon Maddix

Johnny Dangerous

Toxxic

Todd Cortez

Spike Jenkins

Insane Luchadore

Wildchild

Scott Pretzler

Jay Hawke

JJ Johnson (still active?)

Ejiro Fasaki

Zyon

So, at the moment, Cruiserweights outnumber the heavyweights 2-to-1. I can kinda see your point, Stryke, but I also think that having the fed be 75-80% Heavyweight is just as bad as having 65-75% Cruiserweights, especially when 90% of the Cruiserweights always want to be the Heavyweight Champion, anyway...