TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Basham Brothers

Anyone think that tonight on Velocity when they yelled "We're the BASHAM BROTHERS~!" they should have headbutted each other to put an escalamation point on that fact?

It would go with the gimmick.

Guest Choken One

I still can't get past the c level Demolition rip off...

Just slap some paint on them already

Guest JMA

They should just wear bondage masks and call themselves The Machines. Doug would be Machine #1 and The Damaja would be Machine #2.

Guest JMA

I think my Machines idea has promise. It makes the switch thing more believable, it has the S&M connection, and has continuity (Doug Basham did the gimmick).

Guest One Trick Pony

How are they C level Demolition? They're not fat old men wearing rough textured black underwear with diamond studded suspenders. Demolition also NEVER had anything to do with domination/S&M. It's been very implied that's the case with the Bashams.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I was impressed with that, but even more with the pumphandle faceslam that Doug did early in the match.

I feel as if the Basham Brothers could develope into a great tag team with an even greater oldschool feel to them.

Just, for the love of God, drop Shaniqua from them, she just doesn't fit in with them at all to me. I'd like to see this team have a male manager or something, like the old days, where someone was outside really giving them advice on what to do and everything.

I concur with Mr. Home. Go with the male manager to develop more heel heat. Is that Kenny Bolin guy from OVW any good at whatever it is he's meant to do?

Good lord, that's the third time in a 24 hour period that I have heard someone say something about this Kenny Bolin guy.

Just who in the world is he exactly?

Personally, I want Jeff G. Bailey to show up in WWE sometime, he has a really good oldschool feel to him as a manager.

Guest Mulatto Heat
I feel as if the Basham Brothers could develope into a great tag team with an even greater oldschool feel to them.

Just, for the love of God, drop Shaniqua from them, she just doesn't fit in with them at all to me. I'd like to see this team have a male manager or something, like the old days, where someone was outside really giving them advice on what to do and everything.

While I don't think they should be the tag champs, and their finisher is a little too unspecatcular especially in comparsion to other moves they do like the ones we mentioned, I don't mind the Bashams at all and them getting time on Smackdown is OK with me.

I disagree with Shaniqua though, but I don't like when the focus gets on her too much.

I concur with Mr. Home. Go with the male manager to develop more heel heat. Is that Kenny Bolin guy from OVW any good at whatever it is he's meant to do?

Good lord, that's the third time in a 24 hour period that I have heard someone say something about this Kenny Bolin guy.

Just who in the world is he exactly?

Personally, I want Jeff G. Bailey to show up in WWE sometime, he has a really good oldschool feel to him as a manager.

He's some short fat hick that runs Bolin Services, a sports-management firm.

Jeff G. Bailey? That sounds like F. Lee Bailey. I see an OJ angle in the works.

Kenny "The King" Bolin

Kenny Bolin is a salesman, shyster, crook, and con man who has lived comfortably for the past 25 years without ever really working a day in his life.  Jim Cornette once said that "finding an honest bone in Kenny's body would be like finding a penny up a pig's ass."  Bolin is the C.E.O. of Bolin Services, a sports management firm.

Now THAT'S classic, lol.

Sadly, Shaniqua's probably not going away anytime soon... they have to do something to "justify" that TE2 spot she "earned" (same with Butterface Gayda)

Sadly, Shaniqua's probably not going away anytime soon... they have to do something to "justify" that TE2 spot she "earned" (same with Butterface Gayda)

They can have her be the valet for the Bashams, and have someone else be their manager.

Simple enough.

They're so bland that its why I like them so much. I can see a lil' bit of where the Demolition comparison comes in. They're like a tag team Goldberg without the squashing.

Guest Goodear

Unfortunately Shaniqua is just about the Basham's only hook right now since they come off as average workers even though they seem to have a pretty good grasp on the fundamentals of pacing and bumping and the like. They just need to find a little sizzle in their steak and work in some more offense that is more effective than their somewhat unremarkable moveset.

I don't see why everyone is so down on Shaniqua. She is really one of the only interesting things about the Bashams. That's not their fault though, it's the WWE's for throwing them out there and half assing their gimmick. If they're going to be in S&M, go all the way with or not at all.

And I guess I'm the only one that thinks Shaniqua is a bit attractive. Perhaps she's too dark and to buff for you all's taste, a board where a waif like Stacy Keibler is good looking, but you can definately see a woman in her, if you look past the muscles that is.