TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Anyone buy the GTA pack for XBox yet?

Guest Kamui

Anybody that have some kind of emotional breakdown in an RPG game or any other game (minus sports games with friends), unless they think something happened was cool or unexpecting, is not normal. The story might be interesting, and has your attention, but you shouldn't get too attatch to the game.

Zuh?

Where did I say I ever had an "emotional breakdown" from playing an RPG. I said INVOKE EMOTIONS. In another words, happiness, sadness, etc. It doesn't mean I'm crying at the screen. Geez, when did saying something invoked an emotion in you become a BAD thing?

Isn't it the same thing. GTA you kill people by running them over with a car, use a gun, some kind of hand held weapon, or your fists. Much like RPG, you can do spells, basic attacks, advance attacks, and both of them can run if they want.

Exactly, smart guy. My point was that the RPGs were doing it far before GTA, Max Payne, and the other games of its ilk.

Retarded settings? How so? One is located in New York, and Miami Beach, the other is located in a far fantasy location/city, and taking the same concept over and over.

Because at least when you're creating your own world, you don't have to be realistic about it. GTA's ideas of "realistic settings" are nothing more than a bunch of crappy cliches strung together into two fundementally flawed concepts.

Pathetic to RPG players, yes. GTA is not a game with a very emotional back story. GTA is meant to be mafia related, and they do a damn well job of incorporating it. What do you want? Oscar calibar scripts?

If all you're going to do is give me a bunch of cliches that have no real point, then skip the cinemas entirley.

What do you call Final Fantasy then? After VII it should have stopped (i do like VIII though), and it went for the worst. Instead of improving gameplay, they thought "Hey...CGI are amazing. More of them, land half-assed gameplay" If something works, and works well, they should not fix it. Final Fantasy should took that concept, but didn't. GTA knew what they were doin when makin Vice City

Once again, I must ask- zuh?

Final Fantasy has an entirley different setting and story in every game. And unlike GTA's, they don't feel like the same setting with more sun to them- 7, 8, 9, and 10 all felt very different from one another.

Not to mention the fact that the battle system changes in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Did you see junctions and drawing in 10? No, but it was there in 8. Hell, even X-2, which is a DIRECT SEQUEL to 10, doesn't use the same battle system over again!

Meanwhile, GTA: VC doesn't do anything to improve on the actual GAMEPLAY of GTA3 at all. That's the difference.

What about all the other RPG games...aren't they the same thing with their sequels?

*sigh*

I'm starting to think you've never played a Final Fantasy game or any other RPG, because anyone who has wouldn't make such a statement.

Go play Final Fantasy 7, then go play Final Fantasy 8. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE. Whether it's in story tone or battle system, they are much, much, MUCH more different than they are the same. Anyone who actually played the games would know this already, so I'm starting to think you haven't played these games at all and are just saying so to increase your status in the arguement. Not working, pal.

-Duo