TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coffey

A friend pointed out to me...

Guest Coffey

The other day, I was catching up with one of my old friends that I hardly ever get to talk to anymore. Anyway, we were just shooting the shit when I changed the subject to wrestling. Admittedly, my friend was never really as big into wrestling as I was, but he did watch it and follow it for quite some time. I've let him watch some NWA tapes and he's seen a lot of older WCW, ECW & WWF stuff thanks to my vast video collection.

Well, that being said, I was talking to him about Raven. He knew who Raven was, mostly from his WCW run, but also from some of my ECW tapes. Anyway, to make a long story short, I showed him a recent picture of Raven. With his head shaved and new attire. My friend replied with "Raven joined the Headbangers?"

I just laughed and shrugged it off, but the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't believe that I had never made the connection before. They do look the same. Skirt/kilt, face paint, bald heads, facial piercings.

Now, these pictures aren't the best for comparison, however they will do the trick as a quick reminder for who the Headbangers were for anyone who forgot.

Headbangers with Rob Zombie

HeadBangers.jpg

NWA-TNA Raven

nwa393.jpg

Does anyone else see the resemblance? How did I not notice this before?

EDIT: Damn, that first picture is huge. Sorry, I didn't know it was that big. Let me resize it really quick.

EDIT2: There....

Guest Doyo

um, that's not Rob Zombie

but, believe it or not, the guy on the right in this photo is:

ExposedZombie4.jpg

Raven should go back to this look:

Raven_y.jpg

Guest JacK

Yeah, I've seen some pictures of younger raven, and you look at him now - and wow he's degraded, I mean he was like good looking in a non-gay sort of way. Now he either looks like a raving, unkempt derelict, or a bald unkempt raving derelict.

Guest Random Hero

Well he is like 40 now and that picture is probably about 15 years old. I don't think the short hair is that bad, better than I anticipated. Plus it would hardly fit in with his gimmick if he was a clean shaven pretty boy with a nice hair cut.

Guest El Satanico

...yes damn Raven for stopping his usage of roids. Besides, it's said Raven still gets his fair share of women, so it's not like his look is affecting him.

but damn Raven for not being just another cookie cutter muscle head.

Guest Deviant

It's called the aging process/long term effects of drugs kids.

Raven doesn't look bad with the buzz cut, but should probably wear a bandana or something and let it grow back. Raven is going to look even weirder with a Batista-like hairstyle though... I'm sure he'll get inventive with it.

Then again, maybe he was going bald like so many other wrestlers with shaved heads and doesn't plan on regrowing it past the buzz cut.

Whatever, I don't really care, but I think it's stupid to compare young Raven who was probably on steroids to drug free, post heavy drug abuse, 40 year old Raven.