TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Any AFI fans?

Are there any AFI fans in the house?

I had never really heard them until I heard there cover of the Mistfits "One Last Caress" and then I listened to my friends new AFI CD.

Let me say......Davie Havoc is a DAMN good singer.

Any other fans around here?

Who in the hell is this AFI? And what the hell does AFI stand for?

It's a band that's been around for quite some time.

And I have no clue what the hell AFI actually stands for.

I've been a fan ever since I saw them at the 2001 Warped Tour. "Sing The Sorrow' is one of the best albums of the year, and their older shit is great, too.

For those wondering what they look like, Nevermortal has a pic of the band in his sig, and for general info on the group, check out www.afireinside.net.

I've been a fan ever since I saw them at the 2001 Warped Tour.  "Sing The Sorrow' is one of the best albums of the year, and their older shit is great, too. 

For those wondering what they look like, Nevermortal has a pic of the band in his sig, and for general info on the group, check out www.afireinside.net.

Quick, hide this from Banky.

Their early stuff is much better than Sing the Sorrow, even if STS has the best intro track out of all of them.

The Lead singer has a voice that's very much an acquired taste, sorta like Dani from Cradle of Filth.

Favorite songs: "God Called in Sick Today", "Totalimmortal", "Fall Children", "Malleus Malifecarum", "Days of the Phoenix".

Guest Insanityman

I don't mind them, but there was a period last year when a lot of kids went through a sudden and an unexplained AFI period. Considering the band is far from my favorite- that period got annoying real quick. I was thinking of checking thme out again but I have some other CDs to pick up first.

Yeah I know the period. It's the period when one of there videos is played on MTV and everyone goes "Man...I've heard one song........BEST BAND EVER!"

I hope this never happens to any of my other bands.

Guest Insanityman

Which song got onto MTV a year or so ago? Yeah, I live in fear of "new Rancid fans" because they have some shitty video out.

I like Sing the Sorrow and Shut Your Mouth and Open You're Ears. Never heard the whole Black Sails in the Sunset or any other album. "Miseria Cantare" and "Silver and Cold" = awesomeness.

*Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

I'm not a big fan of their earlier work (Answer That through Shut Your Mouth), but once the self-titled EP came out, its some really, really good shit.

As a sidebar, anyone here like Tiger Army?

Which song got onto MTV a year or so ago? Yeah, I live in fear of "new Rancid fans" because they have some shitty video out.

Girl's Not Grey came out around February of 2003, the only other video on MTV they had before that was Days of the Phoenix, if you could possibly grab a 3 AM showing of it.

Oh god.....please for the love of god don't let any High Schoolers run around going "I LOVE RANCID! I'M PUNK ROCK!"

*prays*

I will have to get my fag beating stick for that one.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I don't like 'em at all, but I like the Strokes, so i guess no one is infallible.

Guest Frank The Tank

I've become a huge fan. I first heard Girls Not Gray and thought it was okay, then I heard Leaving Song Pt. 2 and thought it was better. Than I bought Sing The Sorrow and I think it was the best cd I've heard all year. Now I have all of the albums, and they all are great. My favorite album is probably The Art Of Drowning. My favorite songs are Wester, Total Immortal, Miseria Cantare, Days Of The Phoenix, Death Of Seasons, Bleed Black, The Nephilim, Battled, The Last Kiss, The Prayer Position, and shitloads of more.

Guest Doyo
Oh god.....please for the love of god don't let any High Schoolers run around going "I LOVE RANCID! I'M PUNK ROCK!"

That already kinda happened a few years ago when "Ruby Soho" was a big hit song. Rancid

have had platinum albums, they are far from being some underground band.

Edited by Doyo

That already kinda happened a few years ago when "Ruby Soho" was a big hit song. Rancid

have had platinum albums, they are far from being some underground band.

"Ruby Soho"?

Sounds like the chorus from "Destination Unknown" by Mest to me...but I'm probably wrong.

I don't like 'em at all, but I like the Strokes, so i guess no one is infallible.

The Strokes > AFI

That is all.

Yeah, in the bizarro world.

The Strokes need to fire their producer because I can barely hear the fucker's vocals in the new song.

Oh, about the Rancid thing...

Ruby Soho's chorus goes "Destination Unknown, Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho".

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The Strokes need to fire their producer because I can barely hear the fucker's vocals in the new song.

I think thats the style they are shooting for, but nice try.

I think thats the style they are shooting for, but nice try.

What style would that be, inaudible electro-noise?

I really shouldn't be knocking low vocals seeing as I enjoy Darkthrone and what not, but still.....The Strokes are ghey, and I have no concrete evidence to back that up, so I'll just sit here and champion one of my favorite bands, AFI.

Champion indeed, chaps.

Guest Random Hero

I'll add to the championing.

The new album is smashingly good. It's one of only 2 Albums I have that I like every single song on.

The other being 'King For a Day' by Faith No More.