TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Official MLB Offseason Topic

The Orioles are supposedly interested as well..

Well, the O's have been looking to deal Gibbons or Bigbie but I wouldn't deal either of them for Bradley.

I think Gibbons will have a breakout year in the six hole, it allows him to relax more and not have to be the one carrying to offense on his back. And Bigbie has been very impressive in left.

Personally, I like the outfield the O's have set up and I'd rather they didn't screw around with it.

Guest Anglesault
According to RotoTime Sports, Bernie Williams is expected to the return to the Yankee lineup on Tuesday.

I think that has pretty much been the plan for a couple of weeks.

Guest OctoberBlood

Cardinals acquired outfielder Roger Cedeno from the Mets for infielder Wilson Delgado and catcher Chris Widger

Salary dump by the Mets, but a damn good pick up by the Cardinals. Ceneno off the bench offers something the Cards didnt really have.

Fuck. :)

Guest FrigidSoul

The Cards didn't have a poor fielding OFer to come off their bench and strike-out or pop-out before? Cedeno sucks

Salary dump by the Mets, but a damn good pick up by the Cardinals. Ceneno off the bench offers something the Cards didnt really have.

Because corner outfielders who can't hit, can't field, and cost a lot of money are such a valuable commodity in this day and age. I mean Jesus, what in the HELL are the Cardinals thinking here? Cedeno had a .320 OBP last season. He was caught stealing 9 out of 23 times, negating that skill. He can not hit for power. He barely draws walks. He's getting paid $10 Million for the next two years. Meanwhile, the Dodgers picked up superior players in Jason Grabowski and Jayson Werth for mere peanuts.

I think today we can close the offseason thread, because two regular season games have been played and Opening Day is tomorrow. Never mind that it's neither the season opening, nor day.

And there will NOT be a OAO MLB Season thread. NO!

Guest OctoberBlood

God people, my thinking was that the Mets paid for some, if not alot of Dona's salary. I can't confirm that, but I highly doubt the Cards would do that since they have really no money to spend. Roger can be an asset to the Cards team, because he provides a decent bat, and very good speed off the bench. He is certainly not worth 2.5M A year, not even close. But again, I'm sure the Cards got cash considerations and what not. If they didn't, and if the Cards are stuck with that big contract, then yea - it was pretty stupid.

Guest Anglesault

Damn, I liked the running jokes of the Mets shopping his ass around and no one biting.

God people, my thinking was that the Mets paid for some, if not alot of Dona's salary. I can't confirm that, but I highly doubt the Cards would do that since they have really no money to spend. Roger can be an asset to the Cards team, because he provides a decent bat, and very good speed off the bench. He is certainly not worth 2.5M A year, not even close. But again, I'm sure the Cards got cash considerations and what not. If they didn't, and if the Cards are stuck with that big contract, then yea - it was pretty stupid.

It gets better. From mlb.com.....

Cedeno is still owed $10 million over the next two years, but Jocketty indicated that the Mets will pick up the entire difference in salaries this year between Widger, who will make $500,000, and the veteran outfielder. Widger was squeezed out of the Cardinals' plans when Cody McKay emerged as the backup catcher this spring.

So apparently the Mets pick up $4.5 Million. The Cards are on the hook for $5.5 Million, most of which comes next year. That's still a bad trade.

Guest Anglesault

And tomorrow the papers will have Widger listed as player number one hundred and something to play for the Yankees and the Mets, as if anyone cares anymore.

According to ESPN's article, the trade means Cody McKay will be the Cardinals backup catcher this season. Lets see. 30 years old. Career 258/319/372 hitter, in AAA. And he just happens to be the son of a coach.

The Cardinals at this point seem hell bent on creating the worst bench in major league history......

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

Guest Anglesault
The Cardinals at this point seem hell bent on creating the worst bench in major league history......

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

I think it's quite pretty. It makes me smile.

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

I think the O's have the Cards bench trumped for ugliness:

BJ Surhoff

David Segui

Keith Osik

Jose Bautista

Luis Lopez

Jack Cust

and the Orioles released Mark McLemore.

Guest OctoberBlood

Bo Hart, I believe, is starting the year in Triple A. (According to a St Louis Message Board)

Guest Anglesault

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

I think the O's have the Cards bench trumped for ugliness:

BJ Surhoff

David Segui

Keith Osik

Jose Bautista

Luis Lopez

Jack Cust

and the Orioles released Mark McLemore.

Old ass BJ Surhoff is still playing?

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

I smile as well. 4th place finish for the Cardinals

Guest Anglesault

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

You know, I'm doing the math and counting on my fingers and stuff, but I always thought it went 1-2-3.

Who's gonna fit in between the Ass-tros and the Cardinals?

Roger Cedeno

Tony Womack

So Taguchi

Cody McKay

Bo Hart

That's just ugly.

You know, I'm doing the math and counting on my fingers and stuff, but I always thought it went 1-2-3.

Who's gonna fit in between the Ass-tros and the Cardinals?

Cubs-Asstros-Pirates-Cardinals-Reds-Brewers

Pirates and Reds could swap. Who knows.