TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Holy Shit Primus is Good Live

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just got back from a grueling drive down godforsaken highway 33 to see Primus in Columbus. Fucking spectacular. Total psychedelic vibe to everything, abundant jamming that was all incredibly tight, incredibly creative, and fun as hell. The polar opposite of the Slayer show, crowd-wise. Really mellow, really fun. Pretty much everyone was fried, and there were an astronomical amount of longhairs that no doubt play bass. The ones with girlfriends dragged them along.

Setlist, more or less:

Spaghetti Western

Professor Nutbutter

Pilcher's Squad

Mrs. Blaileen

Huge ass Jam Session

Del Davis Tree Farm

The Last Superpower (aka Rapscallion)

Huge ass Jam Session

My Name is Mud

Second set:

All of Sailing the Seas of Cheese, beginning to end, with a fucking SICK Pink Floyd jam thrown in right after Les said "...She whispered in my ear..." during "Is it Luck?"...Immediately after, he went back to "...But she wasn't impressed at all..." Funny as fuck. Crowd went batshit for the Floyd, too. They did another killer jam on American Life.

Definitely a phenomenal show. Venue was great, and it was nothing but Primus being really effing good.

I saw Primus in 95' w/ Meat Puppets and they were great. Really fun show. I always remember this show because I spent the night in jail afterwards.

Guest Nacho Nixon

Sweet. Nice to see a couple tracks from Tales from the Punchbowl being brought out - the forgotten Primus album.

Really looking forward to their TO show on the 23rd now. I blew my entire PS2 fund, which was like maybe thirty dollars short, on the ticket and a hotel room (plus a little set aside for party supplies), but it sounds like it's totally going to be worth it. I've wanted to see Primus live since I was like fifteen.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey, Nacho, regarding "Party Supplies," There'll be more at that show than any other show you've ever been to, unless you've seen Phish, The Grateful Dead, String Cheese Incident, or Kottonmouth Kings.

If you do anything hallucinogenic, I'd highly recommend it. Definitely pretty mellow and positive, and the stage lighting and setup was trippy as fuck.

Guest Nacho Nixon
Hey, Nacho, regarding "Party Supplies," There'll be more at that show than any other show you've ever been to, unless you've seen Phish, The Grateful Dead, String Cheese Incident, or Kottonmouth Kings.

If you do anything hallucinogenic, I'd highly recommend it. Definitely pretty mellow and positive, and the stage lighting and setup was trippy as fuck.

Righteous. Never been to a Phish show - I find it hard to trust that many hippies at once.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Neither have I. I fucking hate hippy jam bands, but tuning out in the wilderness is a pretty good waste of a day.

Guest Nacho Nixon
Neither have I. I fucking hate hippy jam bands, but tuning out in the wilderness is a pretty good waste of a day.

True dat - although the whole thing leaves me very conflicted about Oysterhead.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I like every song on that album other than "Radon Balloon" and the other one that's basically just Anastasio towards the end of the cd.

Guest Nacho Nixon
I like every song on that album other than "Radon Balloon" and the other one that's basically just Anastasio towards the end of the cd.

I could really do without "Wield the Spade". It's like "Uh...ok, Stewart, you can write one song...".

But the rest of the album could be like 11 remixes of it, and Rubberneck Lions would still be worth buying it for.