TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TDinDC1112

Reason why Luger wrestled

Guest TDinDC1112

I am listening now to last night's broadcast of Pro Wrestling Insider with Dave Sherer and Buck Woodward. They just said that basically, TNA didn't want to bring in Luger but Sting refused to wrestle for them the last 2 weeks if they didn't bring in Luger. I guess you can throw that theory of Sting being a great guy coming back to help TNA because of Hogan's injury theory right out the window.

Guest dvkorn

If that is the case... god i hope that he doesn't make that same demand for bound for glory... if he appears on it.. or if he does... TNA just refuse

Guest TDinDC1112

The fact that TNA did it not for business, not to put AJ over, but only because Sting was holding them up really bothers me.

Guest Dynamite Kido

If this is true.....it's total bullshit. Sting is an asshole then. TNA doesn't need him or Luger.

The fact that TNA did it not for business, not to put AJ over, but only because Sting was holding them up really bothers me.

That's TNA's fault for signing him to a contract that allows him to hold them to ransom.

Guest TDinDC1112

That's TNA's fault for signing him to a contract that allows him to hold them to ransom.

Exactly! I'm believing it as Dave and Buck work for 1wrestling and Boy Ryder owns it. They're almost never wrong as they usually just report facts and not opinions, as opposed to the Observer and Torch (although the Observer is usually right).

Guest One Trick Pony

Yet it bothered no one that Sanders, Harris Bros., Gilbertti, Konnan, Raven, etc. all had jobs because of their friends.

Yet it bothered no one that Sanders, Harris Bros., Gilbertti, Konnan, Raven, etc. all had jobs because of their friends.

you could probably take Raven off the list and add Shane Douglas too it.

I figured this was the case with Sting. Nobody in their right mind would give Luger a second chance, otherwise. Odviously there was politics in the finish last night too (with either Sting, Luger, or both) as that was total bullshit. As already said, neither of them need to be around if they are just going to play around a company like its their own.

I say save Sting's last shot for Bound for Glory (or any other show, really) and job him out to Styles in a face v. face match. Of course it must be clean and decisive too. Thats the LEAST Sting can do for having Luger brought in and making Styles look stupid when Luger wouldnt sell shit for him, and then Sting had to do bat shots to even put him down. It was all around sad, made Styles look out of anyone's league, just as the story was going into the match.

If Sting refuses to do the job, then he's in breach of contract, period. Unless they had something that said he had creative control of his matches, theres no excuse for putting up with Sting's crap for even one more damn match.

Guest TDinDC1112

Hold on there - Helping someone get a job and refusing to perform if you don't give someone a job are 2 VERY DIFFERENT things.

Guest Coffey

Well, that sucks. Truth be told, I didn't watch the show last night, so my opinion on Luger is not as good as other people, but regardless of performance, the political aspect is what pisses me off the most.

The last thing NWA:TNA needs to do is head in WCW's direction or current WWE. If they let the politics run amuck this early, they are doomed.

I would've told Sting to fuck himself and fulfill his contract or sue his ass. Unless I'm not understanding something, didn't Sting sign a contract with NWA to work three shows? Did it says Sting has to work three shows but he wants to bring in Luger or he won't sign?

What the fuck. Sting isn't anything special, especially if he comes with baggage.

Guest TDinDC1112
The WO is far more accurate than 1bob

That's VERY debatable. I agree though, I'd like to see what Meltzer says.

Guest Coffey

It's not debatable to most people. Meltzer is pretty much the only "insider" left that has any credibility.

You're kidding right? 1bob constantly uses anonymous (read: made up) sources to give quotes on how "bad" things are in the WWE locker room. Ever since its inception it has been horribly biased in favor of WCW and ECW for obvious reasons, and now it's biased in favor of TNA. They have reported some of the most ridiculous things in the past that turn out to be utter lies.

Guest TDinDC1112

I am very aware of Meltzer's credibility and am not debating that. Dave Scherer has had pretty much nothing but horribly negative things to say about TNA, even with Bob playing the role he does there. Same thing with MLW and Styles. What is 1 thing that 1wrestling has reported as fact on their newsline that has been a lie.

Also, are you saying that things aren't "bad" in the WWE locker room, because Meltzer has reported the same things. 1wrestling has just as many contacts as Meltzer does. I'm not biased one way or another, except I do know that I don't believe anything from the Torch!

Guest TDinDC1112

Luger just got a divorce and I think he needs the cash.

1-2-3 - pin me - pay me

Yeah Sting is such a bad guy for working for TNA because he's buddy buddy with Jarrett to help out the promotion. Yeah he's such a bad guy for giving Styles the rub in a prematch promo last night. Sting is a bad guy for bringing in Luger, when it was probably Jarrett who said let's get Luger in here for a match. Note:Sting hasn't won a match himself or cleanly since being in TNA. Yes, Luger sucked but he laid down for Styles last night regardless. It's not like Styles isn't extremely over with the TNA crowd(who were pretty much dead last night save for Raven and Styles chants!) Don't take this as me flaming you guys, but how the hell do you know what they are saying is even true when you and I have never stepped foot backstage. They are merely journalists doing there job in stirring up controversy, which 90% of the time is completely false..............AKA...BULL SHIT!(Shakes head, and waits for the flaming) lolz

Guest TDinDC1112

Journalists don't stir up controversy. They report and comment on news. For you to say that 90% of what the Observer and 1wrestling say is false is comical and doesn't deserve a response.

I'm always good for a laugh B-)

Edit: It's just hard to sit there and listen to people call Sting an asshole when the man laid down for numerous men in his last 3 1/2 years in wcw to help put them over. When almost anytime a wrestler talks about him he is referred to as a class act, nice guy, and someone who doesn't play a whole lot of politics..(go read a commentary from Lance Storm and any shoot interview from someone involved with WCW.) I mean like someone else said many tna wrestlers got their jobs on who they knew not neccesarily talent...so for Sting to say I'm not going to waste my time when I don't have to work unless you bring Luger in next week isn't so bad in my opinion when he's given a lot to the business. But eh I'm done talking about this cuz there is really no use in me or anyone else wasting time over a rumor like I just did writing this rant.

Edited by The Buzz

Good point, Buzz.

I mean, GOD FORBID Sting try and do something for a guy who he's been friends with - whether you like it or not - the better part of a decade if not LONGER.

I didn't want Luger signed, but I can't believe the reaction you people are giving Sting when it's fairly obvious, at least to me, that he did this to help out a friend. All things considered, what he did wasn't that terribly egregious anyway.

Guest TDinDC1112
There isn't a guy in the business who didn't get to wherever they are today without friends who helped them get their spot or place in a promotion.

Right. I do think it's kind of inherantly wrong though to tell someone you have a contract with that you will REFUSE to wrestle after agreeing to wrestle unless you hire someone else.

Guest One Trick Pony

TNA needs Sting. Sting doesn't need TNA. Luger needs cash. Sting is going to help him get it.

Also most of that group are not in the main event.

But they WERE. You can't say keyword:were either because Luger isn't going to be a main event mainstay. Raven, Douglas, and Gilbertti were all in main events. In Raven's case, Raven drew in new fans I believe. What about Gilbertti and Douglas however?