TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

Stupid question

Guest HBK16

Me and my friends have a stupid bet going on which started out as a joke. We were joking around about what would happen if you jump th rail at a baseball game and see if Kurt Shilling (I am in Phoenix) would shake his hand.  If he does it he gets like $250 total from like 5 friends. Does anybody know the penalty fir it? Fine? Jail? What? We know he is doing something stupid but I just want to know how stupid. Thanks.

Guest DrTom

The penalty for running onto a baseball field varies, based on the city and state you're in.  I think it's considered criminal tresspassing to some degree, with maybe some other charges (or a different one entirely) based on region.

I seriously douby Schilling (or any other sane player) would shake someone's hand who came running out on the field toward him.  If it were me, I'd bust your buddy in the mouth and let security drag his stupid ass off to the pokey for a while.

Guest Some Guy

Some chick did run out and kiss Jeter the other day.  I don't know what they did to her but it was funny, even Jeter laughed.

Guest HBK16

"Some chick did run out and kiss Jeter the other day.  I don't know what they did to her but it was funny, even Jeter laughed."

Yup, that is where we first got the idea. lol.

Guest ajc

Tell your boy not to try it.  While he'll likely only get slapped with a fine, in this era of heightened security, he'll certainly get roughed up by the rent-a-cop MLB security force.  Hell, if he wants to shake Schilling's hand, why not just wait till he starts signing autographs for the lil' bastards, er, kiddies and do it then.  He'll probably appreciate the fact that a grown man wants to just shake his hand instead of begging for an autograph.

Guest goodhelmet

Listen to ajc. If your friend wants some thrills, take up bungee jumping or rock climbing

Guest TUS_02

There used to be some chick who would go from city to city, jump the rail, and go and kiss a player from the team.  She said that she would usually just have to spend the night in jail.  But that's because she had knockers the size of watermelons, so the MALE players were lenient.  I don't think they would give a male jumper the same benefit.

Guest DrTom

"There used to be some chick who would go from city to city, jump the rail, and go and kiss a player from the team."

Morganna The Kissing Bandit was her name.  It's sad that I actually remember that, but it's more sad that a woman with ridiculous breasts, a butter face, and a penchant for trespassing became semi-famous in the first place.

"There used to be some chick who would go from city to city, jump the rail, and go and kiss a player from the team."

Morganna The Kissing Bandit was her name.  It's sad that I actually remember that, but it's more sad that a woman with ridiculous breasts, a butter face, and a penchant for trespassing became semi-famous in the first place.

How many years ago was she active and donig this?

Guest Vern Gagne

Today if a player beats the hell out of a guy who runs on the field, they'd probably get sued.

Guest HBK16

"Today if a player beats the hell out of a guy who runs on the field, they'd probably get sued."

Your right. Everybody is sueing everybody for anything and they are winning too. It is a stupid idea but he is only 18. You know 18 year olders. I used to be one.

Guest ajc
How many years ago was she active and donig this?

Morganna started her schtick in the '70s and lasted until the late '80s/early '90s.  She made the most out of her 15 minutes of fame, to be sure.

Guest DrTom

"Today if a player beats the hell out of a guy who runs on the field, they'd probably get sued."

Let 'em sue.  Athletes are magnets for lawsuits, anyway, no matter where they are and what they do.  If you're going to get sued, it might as well be for something you actually did, as opposed to someone suing you because a fight broke out in a nightclub you happened to be attending.

I'd drill the dum sumbitch, anyway.  In the post-9/11 culture, I think a player could make a good case that he was in fear for his own safety, and took the trespasser out as self-defense.  Athletes also have a pretty good record in court when they are sued, and I can see that defense holding up.

Guest Some Guy

If I was a player and some drunken idiot charged at me I would punch him too.  9/11 or not, some people are just nuts. When a fan charges the ring at a wrestling show they kick or punch the fan to put him down.  "Real" athletes are probably scared they would hurt themselves, though.

Guest DrEvil

I'd strongly advise against it.  I remember a couple of years ago someone ran at Randy Myers who has black belts in multiple martial arts.  Myers flattened him with one shot and the guy had to be carried off the field.  I don't know how tough Schilling is, but he strikes me as someone who could throw a good punch, plus there's the security to worry about.

Today if a player beats the hell out of a guy who runs on the field, they'd probably get sued

Not true, you are waiving all rights when you choose to step onto the field.  Players don't know if you're out there to shake their hand or if you are a suicide bomber so they're given a lot of leaway as far as force they can exert.  Take a look at how wrestlers manhandle dumbasses who jump the rail.  The only time you could make a case is if someone gives you a shot after you have been subdued and are under control.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

When a chick does it its funny.

When a guy does it, its considered dangerous.  Schilling will take you out at the knees with a fastball if you don't watch it.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The usual fine is $1000, a week in jail, and probation for two years.

Guest HBK16

I agree with all of you to some degree.  Your right, if I saw someone coming at my full speed, I would do whatever I can to stop him. But he is 18 so he won't have the excuse of being stupid drunk. He's still a small 18 year old.  

"The usual fine is $1000, a week in jail, and probation for two years."

Shit. I gotta tell him about that one.

Thanks everyone.