TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

YOSHIDA DIARY~!

YES! This fucking RULES. Yoshida is hilarious. READ! LOVE! VIVAJUDO!

--------------------------

From Circus at mma.tv

These will be the translations of Yoshida's own diary from his own site.

Before the Tamura fight:

2003/07/12(Sat)

My opponent has been decided. Its Mr.Tamura! It isnt easy to get on the ring against a Japanese fighter, but I will try hard by feeling challenging him. Since Thursday, I have been learning the striking from Mark Hunt's trainier. Very hard, but good training. From next week, I will go to my training camp, so I will have to rest "The Voice" (this diary) for a while ..... !!

2003/07/23(Wed)

Today, I came back from my training camp. I got very tired! From the day one, after running 10 km, I had my toe swollen ...! In the afternoon, I just trained the striking. I am so sloppy that my shoulders get tight, so I felt I went exreme like I havent done for a while. But it will be more important from now on, s I have to focus. I also have to cut my weight...!

And, and, Kosuke Kitajima got his gold medal. And the world record, it was great. I hope he will also get the gold in 200 meters! Go for it, Kosuke ...!!

2003/07/25(Fri)

Recently I have been training the striking, so I am worn out with all the bruises. My whole body hurts...! In 2 weeks, I will get in splendid condition for the fight!! Please everyone cheer for me. And the swimmer Kosuke Kitajima, congratulations for the two golds. I will keep my promise after your return. Look forward to it...! Like you did, I will also try to do great. Bye

2003/08/02(Sat)

Long time no see! I have been lazy about this because of exhaustion. Sorry ... bow!! Recently I have been cutting weight and got to the point where only one kilogram is left. I am tirrrrred. I am so envious when I see people drink beer! I want to drink so soooon. Please, I want to win and drink a delicious beer!! Bye.

2003/08/04(Mon)

It will be the fight soon. Yesterday, I went to the sea for a change. But, because of weight cutting, as soon as I arrived, I ran and jumped in the sea. Felt so goooood! The sunlight was very strong, so maybe I got alittle tanned? It was a good change, so I will do my best in the fight!! Bye

2003/08/06(Wed)

Finally, I cut to the weight limit! Ahh, it was so hard. Oh, yeah, I have an anouncedment to everyone. Tomorrow, my photo essay, 'Way' will will be on sale. Please look at myself as I have been. It may be pretty sexy ... Also, I shot for a TV commercial for Sapporo beer. Lets drink Sapporo drink. I also want to drink soon! Bye.

2003/08/09(Sat)

Finally, the fight is tomomrrow. I have done all the I could. I want to face the competition with confidence! First, I have to pass the first round! I will do my best. Please, cheer for me!!

2003/08/11(Mon)

Thank you for all the support. Ahhh, finally the fight is over. Although I could win, my whole body is battered and hurts. I attacked with the strikes for the first time, but it was difficult! It became a good experience, though. It was a fight where I could find my future assignment. There isnt much time till November, so I will try to have my injuries healed first and try hard for the final victory!! Really, my body hurrrrts ...! Bye.

2003/08/13(Wed)

It has passed 3 days since the fight. The injury doesnt seem to be that bad, but the swell doesnt recede. I want to heal as soon as possible, and be ready for the fight in November. What are you guys doing during the Obon holiday(a national holiday in Japan)? On September 7, I will hold the second "Viva Judo!"(his free judo seminor for kids at Kodokan)! Lets everybody enjoy judo! I am looking forword to eeeeverybody's participation. (Contact 03-3414-9000 for signup.)

2003/08/19(Tue)

Long time no see. As a matter of fact, my PC got infected by a virus, so I couldnt write THE VOICE... I am very sorry.

At present, my knee has healed pretty well, and I will try to feel fresh for November. I will show up in SPORUTO!(a sports TV program) Please everybody watch!!

2003/08/21(Thu)

Yesterday and today, I went to Fuji TV's BOKEN-OU(king of adventure) show. At the show, we held a talk show and a judo lesson, and I enjoyed it very much. I am a little worried if I could show how much fun judo is...? And, I will do the commentating for the Judo world championship held in September.

I want to convey to people how fun judo is as much as I can. From now, I will show up in SPORUTO, which is shown on every Wedenesday, so please watch!! Bye

2003/08/24(Sun)

Finally, it has become like a real summeeerrrr. Yesterday, there was the 2nd Yoshida Dojo BBQ party like last year, and we held it with 115 people including kids and parents in Sagamihara! I am getting pumped up! Children's smiles are such a source of energy!! But my back hurts because I got tanned too muuccch. Please see the pictures of the party at the river in the Photo Section next week.

2003/08/26(Tue) This weekend, I went to Hida-Takayama to celebrate my grandmother for her 88th anniversary(Beiju). It became quite a huge gathering, and 88 relatives gathered. It was the biggest gathering of my relatives since I won the gold in the Bercelona Olympics. There were some folks I havent even met, and, Gee, it was surprising! But it was really good to see my granma doing well. I felt I wanted her to be well for a long time to come. This weekend paifully reminded me that I have to go home sometimes. Lets all cherish our families! Bye.

2003/08/30(Sat)

How have you been doing? It has passed a year since I fought last year. I enjoyed having a meal with the colleagues of my office who I dont see often.

I became quite a wild party probably because of the daily accumulation of stress. Maybe a little hangover. But I thought its good to have such a frindly gathering sometimes to develop a sense of unity.

Being surrounded by nice colleagues, I want to refresh my commitment and stay focused for the November's finals.

2003/09/02(Tue)

Yesterday, I went to see Neptune's (a comic trio) live. This thing was really funny. It was the first day off since long before, and it was such a great refreshment and fun! Mr. Nagura is such a nice guy and a friend of mine. He takes care of young guys well and is a very down-to-earth guy! BTW, he is not an Indian(note: he doesnt look very asian). He is Japanese!! Bye ...

2003/09/04(Thu)

Yesterday was my 34th birthday. I am so surprised that the day passed like a flash! But, I dont want to care about the age, but keep challenging. I shall be the baddest middle-aged man in the world!! Bye

2003/09/06(Sat)

Aggghh, I am tired. Recently, many things have occurred at once, and I am tired physically. Maybe I am old? Nahh... Tomorrow, we will have the second VIVA JUDO(his annual open free judo lesson). I cant afford to say I am tired!! I wonder if I can let them know how fun judo is? Also, the world judo will take place soon. Lets everybody cheer for the Japanese competitors. Bye...!

2003/09/08(Mon)

I showed up in one spot of Watatte IItomo(a tv program). I didint know the judo gi for Judo World Chmpionship cost as much as 38500 yen...! I didnt know about this at all because they were given to me before. I feel so grateful now that I know of this. In the Judo World, which will start on 11th, it seems the Japanese players will wear them. Now with the judo-gis set, I want them to give their best and "GETS"(a trade-mark phrase of a goofy comedian) the gold. Bye.

2003/09/10(Wed)

Today, I showed up in a TV program ot Nagoya NHK, and came to Osaka. At last, tomorrow is the Judo World. Everybody, go for it! By the way, last night, I had a "Sporuto!" show, and I went to Nagoya this morning, so I feel like going to beeed right now. Bye!!

2003/09/16(Tue)

Long time no see. I forgot to take my PC with me and couldnt write the Voice. Very sorry!!

The World Judo closed yesterday without any accidents. There are some competitors who could show their best and some who couldnt, but I want to congratulate all their effort!! Especially, for those who lost, it should have been extremely dissapointing -- which I have experienced, too -- , but I want them to make full use of this experience. Judo RULES!! Bye!!

He said "Judo saiko!".

It literally means judo is best.

But he didnt mean judo is better than others. The expression simply means judo is great, which connotation is very close to the way young Americans would say, "Judo rules!"

2003/10/08(Wed)

It has become quite cold lately. You havent caught cold, have you? On Monday? I had dinner with Nomura(judo champ) and his wife. The conversation flourished about the Judo Worlds, which was just ended. He seemed very dissapointed because he didnt think he would lose at all! Well, he said he got exausted from being away from judo for two years. Training and competing are totally different, he said. He will win the next Olympic by learning from this experience. I wish him good luch!

I have to be serious, too --- train, train!! Bye

2003/10/09(Thu)

Today is a good weather, isnt it?

Thins Sunday, we will hold "Viva Judo!" the thrd at Hachioji. Everybody, please join us. For details, contact J-ROCK: 03-3414-9000 Today, I am training judo! Bye!!!

2003/10/13(Mon)

Yesterday, the third VIVA JUDO! ended without much trouble. The even became quite large with instructors like former-judoka and pro-wrestlers, Ms Kandori and Ms Yabushita, Pride fighters, Mr Shoji abd Mr Matsui, and a Shooto fighter, Mr Uematsu. The instructors accepted the invitation probably because they felt they owe judo and do something back. In the future, we want to keep doking something we can do.

And yesterday, I went to corner my best friend Mr Kosaka. I was surprised at his opponent who was taller than 2 meters! But, the world class fighter TK handled him very well and managed to win. Oh, Great!! Next is my turn. I will give my best! Bye

2003/10/18(Sat)

My weight has gained only 3kg since the last fight, so there should not be much of a problem cutting weight, maybe! I will train hard so that every one will see a good fight. Give me a support...!

2003/10/21(Tue)

Many of my former students have married recently. I havent married yet. You guys marry too early! Maybe I dont have enough encounters? But, when your students start marrying, it sure makes you worry! More than anything, now I have to worry about my fight ...!!

2003/10/23(Thu)

It is fine today. I feel like I can have a good training. I am leaving! Lets excersize so that your cholesterol level wont accumulate!! Bye

2003/10/26(Sun)

Lately, it has been quite cold. You havent caught any cold? Today, as a refreshment, I went to Ginza for shopping and having a massage. It is 2 weeks until my fight. I have to be careful about my condition and train hard like a madman. Bye

2003/10/29(Wed)

Yesterday, I went to the Megurofudoson shirine to pray for my victory. Before fights, I always go there to put my hands together. I believe in "the invisible force", which I believe is something called "luck". Luck is something you grab unto yourself!! I will try hard to do that. Bye.

2003/11/01(Sat)

You all have three consequtive days off! I envy. Are you going anywhere? I am having a fight in a week! My condition is OK? I have to make sure to be in the best shape by the day of the fight. I gotta go training. Bye.

Before Silva's Fight

2003/11/04(Tue)

I will have a fight soon! My weight is going down! After that, all I can do is do my best with all your cheers behind my back! Please cheer for me.

Now I have a piece of information... Its finally official that we will have our second gym at Aobadai, Yokohama on Dec 8!! This will the kind of dojo where everybody can enjoy learning, including kids, adults, or men/women. Please visit!

2003/11/08(Sat)

Today, finally, the weigh-in is over, and I ate as much as I wanted. I am so satisfied! Tomorrow, I want to be able to perform well enough to be more satisfied. I am not as nervous as I though I would be, and I am quite relaxed! Please look forward...! Bye

2003/11/10(Mon)

Finally, the fight is over. Its such a shame and frusrating!! But, today's fight became a good learning experience for me. As we already know, it hurts to get hit! I had 5 stiches on my upper lip. I want to have my injury healed soon, and train hard to fight again.!! Please keep supporting me! Good night...Bye

2003/11/11(Tue)

As always, your face starts swelling from a day after the fight. Ouch, ouch! Just to be careful, I will go to have my head checked with CT scan. I cant show this messed-up face to the kids. They will be scared. As days pass, the bitterness for the loss multipies! I will avenge no matter what!! Bye