TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Captain America

Captain America would beat Batman.  Cap doesn't quit.  Batman would through every damn thing up against Cap he could, and he would still not be able to stop him.  Sure, Batman will probably beat Cap within an inch of his life, but somehow Cap will prevail.

Batman could take out dumb Hulk no problem.  If Daredevil could do it, Batman wouldn't have a worry.  As to Doom, I think Bats would win pre-super mage Doom, but the current Doom might be too much for him.

The question isn't Cap's determination... it's whether he knows enough about hand-to-hand combat to counter Batman's encycolpiedic knowledge, plus his huge arsenal, plus his prpensity for setting traps. It's pretty clear that Bats could take Cap here, but it would be a tough one.

Batman vs. The Hulk is impossible to predict because I've seen Hulk take nuclear weapons and keep coming... and then be brought down by a dozen tranq rounds.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Cap is considered to be the best trained fighter on Marvel's earth. Bats and Cap are equal as far as fighting and tactics are concerned, Cap is just physically and mentally tougher, but Batman is smarter and is sneakier. These two would wind up fighting forever.

As for the Hulk one, in this months Avengers, Jack o Spades detonated himself (the equivalent of a low level nuclear weapon) and the Hulk was knocked out turned back into Banner. So if Bats has a nuclear battarang with him...

Batman vs. The Hulk is impossible to predict because I've seen Hulk take nuclear weapons and keep coming... and then be brought down by a dozen tranq rounds.

Well, for a quick litmus test, you could always check out Hulk v. Iron Man (the Marvel "equivalent"), which happened in Iron Man #304 or some noise like that.

I strongly suggest everyone check out the "Hulk Trilogy" from Iron Man #131 to #133.

It is one of Iron Man's best fight's and a solid contender for "best fight ever shown in a comic book." The Hulk trilogy is one of the most underrated storyarcs in comic books. You don't need blood, guts, and tons of swearing to make a fight look great. Again, I highly recommend everyone goes out and read the whole trilogy from start to end. Not only is the fight great but there is also a neat little side story thrown in that involves Iron Man's then love interest Bethany Cabe (think Marney but minus the lesbianism...how unfortunate :P ).

Fans like to bring up how Batman and Superman are the yin and the yang of one another.

Iron Man and the Hulk could be the same way. Both characters can easily be compared and contrasted with one another if you sit down and think about it. Hopefully this potential relationship will be more thoroughly explored by some comic book writer down the line.

I'm not big into the "who would win" discussions since you could make a compelling argument for just about anyone and easily manipulate the outcome for the character you hold an interest in.

Edited by Sassquatch

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Wow....... Cap's a player ( I guess Ultimate-verse is like Marvel's version of elseworlds now?)

The Ultimate Marvel series are revamped versions of the classic characters. It's not necessarily Elseworlds, but just a revamped version, kind of like comparing pre and post Crisis DC characters.

Instead of beginning in the 1960s, all the Ultimate characters have started in the recent years. Spider-Man is much younger, the Ultimates (their version of the Avengers) has just formed, Daredevil has just become Daredevil, etc. Because of the Spider-Man and X-Men films, Marvel considered relaunching their titles to attract new readers and to clear up all the years of continuity and confusion (kind of like Crisis). Word leaked out, Marvel decided they wouldn't and denied ever thinking it, and Marvel keeps the Ultimate verse seperate.